You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Deckeru_Maiku

Varyag / Soya - why not both?

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
3,944 posts
14,364 battles

So, as the russian cruiser Varyag  also was in japanese service, as Soya, and was used for training duty, it would be very nice if we could use her like this in the game too, especially as there are hundreds of russian cruisers available, but way less japanese ones.

Anyone got an opinion?

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,907 posts
6,246 battles

I like the idea, there is also USS Stewart,  a Clemenson class DD, scuttled then raised and put into service by the IJN, i went back to the US after the war. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[CR-S]
Players
370 posts
19,032 battles

A T3 IJN cruiser, i would gladly take it :cap_hmm: We already have the Katori at T3 but she is rather "special".

Players
905 posts
11,126 battles

You know... it's actually not that bad of an idea. I mean, a low tier cruiser can be hardly used for credit gaining or captain training, so an interesting feature would be, that...

• you could assign commanders from more than one nations to a particular ship, and as such...
  • ...it could change the name, flag and even (perma)camouflage.

Or vice versa, if it's technically easier to implement: Depending on which permacamo you put on, flag/name changes and you can use different captains. Again, as we are talking about low tier ships, it shouldn't create a whole lot of financial loss for WG unneeded disparity between player's abilities when it comes to premium ships.

A different approach could be A and B hulls respectably, this could also handle any armament change for example.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,606 posts
6,459 battles
1 hour ago, Major_Damage225 said:

I like the idea, there is also USS Stewart,  a Clemenson class DD, scuttled then raised and put into service by the IJN, i went back to the US after the war. :Smile_Default:

I'd not heard of this - thank you for drawing it to my attention.

This would be a great excuse for a premium, even without the ability to use USN or IJN captains...

Players
341 posts
8,137 battles
4 hours ago, AkosJaccik said:
  • you could assign commanders from more than one nations to a particular ship, and as such...

This isn't impossible as we already have the HSF Graf Spee that can train the Japaneese HSF captains and thus is dual national.

Players
2,160 posts
6 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

So, as the russian cruiser Varyag  also was in japanese service, as Soya, and was used for training duty, it would be very nice if we could use her like this in the game too, especially as there are hundreds of russian cruisers available, but way less japanese ones.

Anyone got an opinion?

Straight copy and paste job, like the Nurnberg/Makarov. Sensible and simple.

1 hour ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

This isn't impossible as we already have the HSF Graf Spee that can train the Japaneese HSF captains and thus is dual national.

It can do that? I never knew, I assumed it would be German only.

If the Azure Lane stuff is multi country as one would expect this could be very interesting!

Beta Tester
2,028 posts
2,749 battles
1 hour ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Straight copy and paste job, like the Nurnberg/Makarov. Sensible and simple.

It can do that? I never knew, I assumed it would be German only.

If the Azure Lane stuff is multi country as one would expect this could be very interesting!

In fact, the Harekaze can do this as well. The Musashi however is strictly IJN only.

• Cool 1