Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Fediuld

Carrier fighters & straffing

6 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
37 posts
1,702 battles

I have found impossible to break a dogfight with enemy carrier airplanes and attack a different target or even escape the enemy fighters if they are 300m away from my planes. 
However found an Indy player, who was able to break engagement, strafe my bombers and then immediately engage my fighters in barely five seconds. And during that time my fighters were completely ignoring my orders, even to leave the area completely 

How's is that possible? And the guy did it many times. When his fighters where 500m away from my planes, they were becoming completely inert not accepting commands to change direction. 

This is not my first battle with carriers, let along with the Ryujo, but never managed to pull such maneuvering before. Which is frustrating to say the least, when you have tier 7 battle also, not been able to drop successfully the enemy ship also. 

[FJAKA]
Players
1,991 posts
11,802 battles
19 minutes ago, Fediuld said:

I have found impossible to break a dogfight with enemy carrier airplanes and attack a different target or even escape the enemy fighters if they are 300m away from my planes. 
However found an Indy player, who was able to break engagement, strafe my bombers and then immediately engage my fighters in barely five seconds. And during that time my fighters were completely ignoring my orders, even to leave the area completely 

How's is that possible? And the guy did it many times. When his fighters where 500m away from my planes, they were becoming completely inert not accepting commands to change direction. 

This is not my first battle with carriers, let along with the Ryujo, but never managed to pull such maneuvering before. Which is frustrating to say the least, when you have tier 7 battle also, not been able to drop successfully the enemy ship also. 

It is called strafing out....when 2 fighters fight you can strafe out from fight (and lose 1 plane if it is not Saipan which does not lose plane)...and in that strafe out you kill (strafe anything in path).....squad that is left (after you strafe out) have some kind of "stun" for couple of seconds and can not move or do a thing

Beta Tester
37 posts
1,702 battles
11 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

It is called strafing out....when 2 fighters fight you can strafe out from fight (and lose 1 plane if it is not Saipan which does not lose plane)...and in that strafe out you kill (strafe anything in path).....squad that is left (after you strafe out) have some kind of "stun" for couple of seconds and can not move or do a thing

His planes weren't affected by the stun. He just broke engagement with my fighters, attacked the bombers with strafing (and I couldn't move the bombers when saw that he was breaking the dogfight), then engaged again my fighters again. All these in barely 5-6 seconds, without losing fighters on his behalf, nor getting stunned. 

On the contrary when his fighters were 500m close to mine, my planes were becoming stunned somehow and couldn't divert them, and this happened more than once during the battle. 

[FJAKA]
Players
1,991 posts
11,802 battles
3 minutes ago, Fediuld said:

His planes weren't affected by the stun. He just broke engagement with my fighters, attacked the bombers with strafing (and I couldn't move the bombers when saw that he was breaking the dogfight), then engaged again my fighters again. All these in barely 5-6 seconds, without losing fighters on his behalf, nor getting stunned. 

On the contrary when his fighters were 500m close to mine, my planes were becoming stunned somehow and couldn't divert them, and this happened more than once during the battle. 

When he exit fight with strafe YOURS fighters are stuned. 

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,168 posts
14,439 battles
55 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

@El2aZeR this one is for you methinks.

:etc_swear:, I totally missed this.

You can use the alt key to strafe out of a click fight. As a compromise you will lose a fighter every time you strafe out (sole exception is the Saipan which can strafe out for free).

When the enemy strafes out, your fighters get "stunned". You can break out of that stun by issuing a move command and a MOVE command only. Attack commands do not work.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this