You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Major_Damage225

Admiral William H. ST & Yamamoto buff

23 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,907 posts
6,244 battles

SO for those who dont speak german here is the short version.

Yamamoto get's some slight improvements added to his skill set:

ST. Yamamoto Isoroku commander.

-Expert Marksman +3 (up from +2.5) deg/s to traverse speed of guns with a caliber up to 139 mm +1 (up from +0.7) deg/s to traverse speed of guns with a caliber above 139 mm.
-Preventive Maintenance -45% (up from -30%) to the risk of incapacitation of modules.

The new US commander details:

William Halsey is added to the game as a unique commander. He has both talents and improved skills.

Expert Loader skill
-75% (up from -50%) to reload time when shell type is switched

Expert Marksman skill
+3 (up from +2.5) deg/s to traverse speed of guns with a caliber up to 139 mm
+1 (up from +0.7) deg/s to traverse speed of guns with a caliber above 139 mm

Hit hard! talent
After receiving the Confederate achievement, the ship under Halsey's command gets following bonuses:
-20% to the main battery reload time
-20% to plane service time
-10% to torpedo reload time

Hit fast! talent
After receiving the Double Strike achievement, the ship under Halsey's command gets -10% to base detection radius, which can accumulate if a player receives the achievement multiple times during a battle.

The ship that William Halsey is assigned to will have a unique pennant and colored tracers for the main battery shells. Upon receiving achievements that activate the talents, fireworks will be launched from the ship.

Also the US get's a second flag and color options for the cammos like the IJN

:Smile_honoring:

Edited by Major_Damage225
  • Cool 2
  • Angry 1

Players
2,159 posts

Video is in German, not that much use to those of us in the English language section that don't speak German other than the text overlay which is interesting.

Modder
4,002 posts
7,189 battles

beside this there is already a thread to discuss upcoming supertest changes:

and also there is a dedicated video section as well

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,907 posts
6,244 battles
22 ore fa, BeauNidl3 ha scritto:

Video is in German, not that much use to those of us in the English language section that don't speak German other than the text overlay which is interesting.

Edited now. All details are in english.

22 ore fa, principat121 ha scritto:

beside this there is already a thread to discuss upcoming supertest changes:

and also there is a dedicated video section as well

Well no harm in having this thread for the discussion of the commanders don't you agree. :Smile_Default:

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,341 posts
11,248 battles
43 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

ok my bad then, mods delete the thread please. 

Why?

I mean, it's hardly uncommon for certain news to gather response sufficient for its own thread - the one about Azure Lane collab is 7 pages long...

As for the captain - I don't like this idea and these changes. Yamamoto was a quirky guy that gave you a neat first blood bonus - but even that one didn't exactly grant immediate power. The Kraken reward was game-breaking but at the point when someone gets a Kraken, the game is usually already decided. The US guy is much different - confederate is farmable if you really want it (to much larger extent than Kraken) and a double strike can happen pretty early in the game - and is a game-changer in case of DDvsDD encounters.

And both "legendary captains" get "normal" special captain bonuses. Why? What for? I don't mind special captains giving you an ever-so-slight boost, but isn't this a bit too much when a single captain gets all the goodies? They shouldn't stick out THAT much performance-wise...

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
1,907 posts
6,244 battles

I have to agree that the, the Hit Fast talent thats is stacable with multiple double strikes is powerfull (if you get multiple double strikes) imagine a BB going bellow 9km detection, then again it is still in ST so it might change. :Smile_Default:

Did some number crunching for the detection bonus skill (again if you get one or more double strikes)

Missouri:

Max concialment withought the skill: 12.2Km

One double strike: 10.98Km

Two double strikes: 9.88Km

Des Moines: 

Withought skill: 10.6Km

One DS: 9.54Km

Two DS: 8.58Km

Kidd:

Withought skill: 5.8Km

One DS: 5.22Km

Two DS: 4.69Km

Atlanta:

Withought skill: 9.4Km

One DS: 8.46Km

Two DS: 7.61Km

Imagine a Fletcher/Kidd/Black poping out at 4.6km from you'r ship :Smile_ohmy: (it's just a best case scenario if you get 2 Double strikes)

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,341 posts
11,248 battles
1 hour ago, Major_Damage225 said:

I have to agree that the, the Hit Fast talent thats is stacable with multiple double strikes is powerfull (if you get multiple double strikes) imagine a BB going bellow 9km detection, then again it is still in ST so it might change. :Smile_Default:

Nah, that particular part doesn't bother me - I mean, -20% concealment would be game-breaking but have you actually seen someone score two double strikes in one battle? I think I have. Once. And once ALMOST managed it myself. But that's about it.

My problem is rather that that single double strike can happen pretty early (and have a big impact because - unlike Yamamoto's first blood bonus, it's a continuous buff for the rest of the match) - but even that doesn't bother me all that much, seeing how rare and hard to set-up on purpose a double strike is. As for confederate bonus, however... this one isn't hard to consciously farm. So people will be doing (or trying to do) just that.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,907 posts
6,244 battles
9 minutes ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

So yeah. My gearing will get a new captain then. Any idea how many points he will have from the get go? 

Either 10 or mabe like Yamamoto so 15 :Smile_honoring:

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,157 posts
14,439 battles

-20% plane service time for Confederate is gonna be incredibly powerful if you put Halsey on a Saipan or Enterprise. (Or Midway if you're still brave/stupid enough to play her after the next patch.)

And getting Confederate isn't particularly difficult in those CVs nowadays with all those braindead players sailing around. In an Enterprise it basically takes you two successful strikes assuming you have a couple of targets that are vulnerable to AP bombs.

Which creates a dilemma for me because I want to be a total weeb put Azur Lane Enterprise on, well, Enterprise. >_<

• Cool 1

Players
961 posts
4,957 battles
6 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

-20% plane service time for Confederate is gonna be incredibly powerful if you put Halsey on a Saipan or Enterprise. (Or Midway if you're still brave/stupid enough to play her after the next patch.)

And getting Confederate isn't particularly difficult in those CVs nowadays with all those braindead players sailing around. In an Enterprise it basically takes you two successful strikes assuming you have a couple of targets that are vulnerable to AP bombs.

Which creates a dilemma for me because I want to be a total weeb put Azur Lane Enterprise on, well, Enterprise. >_<

Mods?

Beta Tester
1,907 posts
6,244 battles
58 minutes ago, eliastion said:

As for confederate bonus, however... this one isn't hard to consciously farm. So people will be doing (or trying to do) just that.

Yo'r fearing that players will try to farm Confederates and ignore everything else, while i agree with you that some will get selfish, i see it as a double edged sword, you will get the selfish ones being selfish (those wont change),  but im tring to look at it that it will get players to look around more and not just tunnel vision whilst shooting at that one ship, well im trying to be optimistic. :Smile_honoring:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,281 posts
10,707 battles
1 hour ago, eliastion said:

Nah, that particular part doesn't bother me - I mean, -20% concealment would be game-breaking but have you actually seen someone score two double strikes in one battle? I think I have. Once. And once ALMOST managed it myself. But that's about it.

In all my games I've only once noticed someone getting 2 double strikes .. me with the Hipper :cap_haloween:

But nice to see that there's finally a special captain that can be useful on a CV.

• Cool 1

[ARYA]
Players
440 posts
9,098 battles

Is these talents for new US commander and Yamamoto permanent ? I mean do we have to recieve double strike once or every game ?!

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,157 posts
14,439 battles
3 minutes ago, Atorpad said:

I mean do we have to recieve double strike once or every game ?!

Every match obviously. Only the improved captain skills are permanent if you choose to pick them.

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,716 posts
9,234 battles

The cumulative double strike thing is a very odd design choice.
And it's just that, a choice. A team decided to make it cumulative.

On one hand, I've seen a double double strike once.
On the other, why? "Rare so balanced" isn't a good argument. 
I would really like to see the design board and meeting transcript for that decision.7

EDIT: What happens in scenarios if someone gets 10 double strikes? Invisible ship?
Is there a limit?

Beta Tester
1,907 posts
6,244 battles
5 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

EDIT: What happens in scenarios if someone gets 10 double strikes? Invisible ship?
Is there a limit?

I dont think these skills work in scenarios only random, ranked. :Smile_Default:

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,341 posts
11,248 battles
37 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

Is there a limit?

If you receive even a single double strike in Scenarios, you immediately receive -100% concealment and -99% reload on your main batteries :Smile_trollface:

What's more, this is true for any captain of any nation!

The only problem is receiving the achievement in a game mode where it isn't awarded :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 1

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,836 posts
4,219 battles
12 hours ago, Exocet6951 said:

"Rare so balanced" isn't a good argument.

I think it is, at least as far as randoms are concerned. Flashy effects give variety and keep people interested in a "wow wouldn't that be so cool" kind of way. It's basically a skill for Timmy (I'd love to see who understands that reference).

In any case these skills are generally just "win more" since if you actually manage a double strike or confederate early (and especially if you're the kind of player that can do that regularly) the game is basically already decided anyway, with or without OP captain skills. What it might do is let some really good players carry really hard, pad their stats and farm some solo warriors.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,101 posts
14,384 battles

Well, time to kick Segal off the Montana and break in the new captain then. Sounds absolutely broken, but we're all on this train anyways so let's see how spectacularly it'll crash.

Edit: when are the Germans getting their special captain by the way? My Hindenburg needs staffing.

[ONE2]
Players
2,509 posts
14,976 battles

Oh well, Yamamoto always DID feel a bit underwhelming (when compared to all the fuss anyway). So far, so good for the buff then and Halsey seems nice. Mayhap now is the time to finally get myself an Iowa then. :cap_hmm:

Buffed preventive maintenance tho, might mean I'll have to put him in Shima then instead of Mogami. Will have to think about that. :cap_old:

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,228 posts
6,768 battles

The Confederate thingy will be incredibly powerful when put on a DM or a Montana.

Honestly it isn't an achievement very hard to get in tier X BB or CA (I do it very regularly. Actually I think I get it for every decent game (150+k damage) with Monty). And that give a whooping 20% reload. 24 seconds reloading Montana... Even less with AR... 

Yamamoto seems weak in comparison. Sure another heal on a BB is nice, but you don't get First strike that often. And the Kraken talent may be ridiculously powerful, it's also very rare and often is gotten in match that are already over and won.

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
647 posts
6,785 battles
48 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

The Confederate thingy will be incredibly powerful when put on a DM or a Montana.

Honestly it isn't an achievement very hard to get in tier X BB or CA (I do it very regularly. Actually I think I get it for every decent game (150+k damage) with Monty). And that give a whooping 20% reload. 24 seconds reloading Montana... Even less with AR... 

Yamamoto seems weak in comparison. Sure another heal on a BB is nice, but you don't get First strike that often. And the Kraken talent may be ridiculously powerful, it's also very rare and often is gotten in match that are already over and won.

I fully agree.

On the note it was always strange for me why a hard earned special commander like Yamamoto does not have special skills just a few perks that rarely gets activated. My own conclusion was that despite Yamamoto was the fleet commander of the IJN and typically resided on Battleships, his special perks in game were more suitable to a destroyer (more chance for a first strike...).

I add it as a positive to the DEVs that by bringing in a new Historical US Commander, they kind of "fixed" Yamamoto as well.

Last but not least - I guess many speculations were going on as WHY Halsey was selected to be the first U.S. special commander; he indeed was a significant Admiral in WW2, but also a very controversial person.

It would have been much more balanced should WG have picked Chester Nimitz instead. (at least Nimitz could have been the "peer" of Yamamoto in terms of real life roles in Ww2)