Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
valrond

Ashitaka.Can you buy the Kobayashi camo with doubloons?

23 comments in this topic

[NKK]
Beta Tester
661 posts
6,621 battles

I was thinking of buying the stock Amagi Ashitaka, and I have lots of doubloons, do you know if you can buy the ship alone and then get the camo in the client?

Beta Tester
1,907 posts
6,246 battles
14 minutes ago, valrond said:

I was thinking of buying the stock Amagi Ashitaka, and I have lots of doubloons, do you know if you can buy the ship alone and then get the camo in the client?

If my memory work (shoker i know :Smile_veryhappy:

The Kii has the kobayashi cammo avalable ingame so the Ashi prolly has that too, im not home atm so i cant doublecheck. 

[NKK]
Beta Tester
661 posts
6,621 battles
4 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

no just looked.

It's a shame. That ship it's only good with the camo, but I'm not paying nearly 50 euro for that.

[DC-DK]
Players
2,408 posts
24,407 battles

Just bought the ship myself. Do not find the other camo that attractive but each to his own

Beta Tester
2,029 posts
2,749 battles

No you can not. And before you ask, no you can't on the Kii (or, presumably the Roma) either.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,907 posts
6,246 battles
6 minutes ago, lafeel said:

No you can not. And before you ask, no you can't on the Kii (or, presumably the Roma) either.

Well my mistake then, apologies to anyone i might have misimformed, i have the Kii but i didnt look if the cammo is avalable, because i dont find that cammo in anyway good to look at :Smile_honoring:

Beta Tester
2,029 posts
2,749 battles
Just now, Major_Damage225 said:

Well my mistake then, apologies to anyone i might have misimformed, i have the Kii but i didnt look if the cammo is avalable, because i dont find that cammo in anyway good to look at :Smile_honoring:

So do I, that's how I was able to check. Can't see how it  would be any different for the other two.

• Cool 1

[NKK]
Beta Tester
661 posts
6,621 battles
11 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Well, I already had those two with the Kobayashi camo. It's a shame. I don't like playing tier 8s cause the constant uptiering to tier 10. That is the best thing for the Ashitaka.

Thank you.

Beta Tester
2,029 posts
2,749 battles
Just now, valrond said:

Well, I already had those two with the Kobayashi camo. It's a shame. I don't like playing tier 8s cause the constant uptiering to tier 10. That is the best thing for the Ashitaka.

Thank you.

No problem. And I have the Roma with the Kobayashi camo myself, while my Kii just has her regular one (got her out of a x-mas crate)

[SM0KE]
Players
2,615 posts
6,467 battles

It's a pity the Kii cammo isn't available separately - I'm another that has her (sans cammo) from a Christmas crate...

BTW I see that LWM doesn't think much of the Ashitaka ('mehbote') - does anyone significantly disagree with that assessment?

Beta Tester
2,029 posts
2,749 battles
9 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

It's a pity the Kii cammo isn't available separately - I'm another that has her (sans cammo) from a Christmas crate...

BTW I see that LWM doesn't think much of the Ashitaka ('mehbote') - does anyone significantly disagree with that assessment?

Haven't played the Ashitaka, but I do disagree with her opinion on the DoY for what that is worth.

• Cool 2

[FJAKA]
Players
1,991 posts
11,813 battles
3 hours ago, valrond said:

dont buy it.....idiotic premium ship.....buy i dont know - Atago or something useful....

[NKK]
Beta Tester
661 posts
6,621 battles
37 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

dont buy it.....idiotic premium ship.....buy i dont know - Atago or something useful....

The thing is, the Ashitaka is one of the very few premium ships I'm missing. I have had the Atago for nearly 3 years now. 

[BYOB]
Players
3,391 posts
12,037 battles

I would love to see the Makoto Kobayashi camo as a separate offer in the shop for my Kii. And for the Roma and Ashitaka.

Locking it in a bundle makes me want to puke, WG is losing business just to spite it's own customers.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,563 posts
8,258 battles

Didn't buy the Ashitaka when it was released because it's very very meh.

Now because there has been a lack of new premiums I have some money to spare so I picked her up.

It's basically how I imagined.

Still decent against cruisers due to accuracy and volume of fire, but trying to damage other battleships is beyond frustrating with pre-tier 5 penetration AP shells.

With the Nagato existing it's tough to justify getting a pair of extra guns at the cost of all your penetrating power and all your AA power while also having a much longer and less maneuverable ship. Scharnhorst is better, Nelson is better, Duke of York is better, even Hood is better. You'll be hard pressed to find a worse tier 7 BB.

• Cool 1

[NKK]
Beta Tester
661 posts
6,621 battles
22 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

Didn't buy the Ashitaka when it was released because it's very very meh.

Now because there has been a lack of new premiums I have some money to spare so I picked her up.

It's basically how I imagined.

Still decent against cruisers due to accuracy and volume of fire, but trying to damage other battleships is beyond frustrating with pre-tier 5 penetration AP shells.

With the Nagato existing it's tough to justify getting a pair of extra guns at the cost of all your penetrating power and all your AA power while also having a much longer and less maneuverable ship. Scharnhorst is better, Nelson is better, Duke of York is better, even Hood is better. You'll be hard pressed to find a worse tier 7 BB.

HE spammer! Wait. the KGV is better at that.

Beta Tester
2,029 posts
2,749 battles
9 minutes ago, valrond said:

HE spammer! Wait. the KGV is better at that.

Reloading six seconds faster certainly helps in that regard. Hell the DoY is a better HE spammer as well, no doubt.

Mind you I wouldn't know as I shoot AP in her :P

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
216 posts
3,800 battles

6 ore fa, lafeel ha scritto:

I’ve the Roma in my port and last time I checked I was able to buy the special camo for doubloons... 

[PUPSI]
Players
6,597 posts
Vor 57 Minuten, Bics93 sagte:

I’ve the Roma in my port and last time I checked I was able to buy the special camo for doubloons... 

but for the Roma the special camo was available separately right from the start...

Vor 7 Stunden, Verblonde sagte:

It's a pity the Kii cammo isn't available separately

no, it is only fair towards those who were "forced" to buy the most expensive bundle when the Kii was released intitally, to get this camo. So they had to buy the ship with together with much other stuff you usually don't spent real money for (modules, signals, consumables), even if they didn't want/need this stuff, because it was the only way to get the special camo...

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,391 posts
12,037 battles
28 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

no, it is only fair towards those who were "forced" to buy the most expensive bundle when the Kii was released intitally, to get this camo. So they had to buy the ship with together with much other stuff you usually don't spent real money for (modules, signals, consumables), even if they didn't want/need this stuff, because it was the only way to get the special camo...

There is no such thing as "fair" in business, companies always look for a better deal or an advantage. Just because people who bought the bloated bundle have been had doesn't mean anything.

[NKK]
Beta Tester
661 posts
6,621 battles
9 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Obvious question is why would you buy that appallingly bad ship?

Collecting. I have nearly every other premium ship. 

But I can't but it for doubloons, which I have plenty and I have paid for them, or even the camo.

Sign in to follow this