Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wot_chikor

*edit WG ^^ lets do a contest

31 comments in this topic

[B0TS]
Players
451 posts
10,798 battles

hey guys , lets do a small contest , i give you  a question and you try to anwser , if you win , you win .... nothing .

so whats the ship that is legendary *edit  where you shoot 6 shots and get one over pen all the time .. i giveyou a hint , its *edit   , its tier7 and its german .

so cn a ship be so stupidly inaccurate , its unplayble WG . and the fun part is , there is a premium counterpart to it , but its very good . 

i am excited for german Bbs and bismark ,,, but if its hopless and *edit  and inaccurate like gniersenau . then you can take it and *edit 

Edited by Jbnn
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 9
  • Bad 7

[B0TS]
Players
451 posts
10,798 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

"whats the ship"?

It is good.

hehe gneisenau , no one saw t comming

[BGNAV]
Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
2 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

good ship. Next clueless rant about nothing please?

should be one more for T8 MM i think :Smile_coin:

• Funny 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,402 posts
12,077 battles

Since you powered through the German BB line in the last 6 days I'm going to share a secret with you.

German BBs have a negative dispersion modifier for shots above 10 km. That's right, they are inaccurate above the 10km mark. And Gneisenau, with its 6 guns, suffers the most from it.

Gneisenau also has some of the best secondaries and AA at tier, I think only the Lyon outshines the AA. And you have torps and turtleback armor, so no pesky citadels at close range.

So instead of complaining, get closer, and watch the enemy sweat, as he is constantly set on fire by secondaries, flooded by torps, and wrecked by 6 guns identical to those on the Bismarck.

• Cool 6

Players
1,591 posts
11,140 battles
8 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

So instead of complaining, get closer, and watch the enemy sweat, as he is constantly set on fire by secondaries, flooded by torps, and wrecked by 6 guns identical to those on the Bismarck.

My Belfast might have a thing or two to say about that. And my Shchors. Come to think of it, my Cleveland and KGV has something to say about that too. And that is completely excluding my Blyca, Gadjah and Leningrad.

Getting close in the current meta (unless lategame or very isolated engagements) means getting burned alot faster than you can burn things back.

You point is well taken and I agree, but it is picking the moments to get close that differentiates a good Gneisenau player from a bad one :Smile_honoring:

Tbh I see no point in playing the German BBs any longer. Guns are crap, they take the most pen dmg of any nation and the French now have superior secondaries. 

Thx WG for powercreep.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
811 posts
18,803 battles
On 4/20/2018 at 7:09 PM, wot_chikor said:

hey guys , lets do a small contest , i give you  a question and you try to anwser , if you win , you win .... nothing .

so whats the ship that is legendary *edit  where you shoot 6 shots and get one over pen all the time .. i giveyou a hint , its *edit   , its tier7 and its german .

so cn a ship be so stupidly inaccurate , its unplayble WG . and the fun part is , there is a premium counterpart to it , but its very good . 

i am excited for german Bbs and bismark ,,, but if its hopless and *edit  and inaccurate like gniersenau . then you can take it and *edit 

If you try to do some serial about bad ships, then why not number them correctly. If i remember 1st from you was Shima then it was some CV, now Gneisenau. What line is next so we can guess the ship that is sht?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,327 posts
12,395 battles

i am excited for german Bbs and bismark ,,, but if its hopless and *edit  and inaccurate like gniersenau . then you can take it and *edit

70_August_Graf_Neidhardt__von_Gneisenau.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,439 posts
9,432 battles

German BB accuracy will not get much better. Play USN or IJN instead. 

Also you should be careful, since you might get banned for posts like this. 

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,362 posts
11,276 battles

so whats the ship that is legendary *edit  where you shoot 6 shots and get one over pen all the time .. i giveyou a hint , its *edit   , its tier7 and its german .

Third (out of 5) best silver t7 BB, outperforming Nagato and Colorado by significant margin. Sounds playable.

Players
161 posts
5,853 battles

King George V     WOWS-BB-AIMING.thumb.jpg.e8a5165172f5732e5030a8dbf3e4b25d.jpg he was part German after all

• Funny 2

[B0TS]
Players
451 posts
10,798 battles
7 hours ago, Aragathor said:

if bismark's huns are like this , i will quit the grind now 

[B0TS]
Players
451 posts
10,798 battles
7 hours ago, Profilus said:

If you try to do some serial about bad ships, then why not number them correctly. If i remember 1st from you was Shima then it was some CV, now Gneisenau. What line is next so we can guess the ship that is sht?

good ida ,, i nstee of stupid posts like this one i could do a serie of unplayble ships ,,my first was shimakaze when it was stock with 20km torps ,,,, then low tier CV , then izumo , and now gniesenau ... 

[BYOB]
Players
3,402 posts
12,077 battles
2 hours ago, wot_chikor said:

if bismark's huns are like this , i will quit the grind now 

The guns on both ships are the same, same damage and sigma. The guns on the Bismarck however have a higher dispersion. You do get 2 more.

Both Gneisenau and Bismarck play similar. Only later on, with the Frederick the Great and the Great Elector, you switch from a secondary build to a tank build. The latter two have better dispersion than the Bismarck, to compensate for the lesser effectiveness of the secondary battery.

But if you don't like the Gneisenau you should reconsider playing this line.

• Cool 1

Modder
4,002 posts
7,215 battles
On 20.4.2018 at 6:09 PM, wot_chikor said:

[Gneisenau is] unplayble WG . and the fun part is , there is a premium counterpart to it , but its very good

Funny part is that your stats on the Schamhorst are even worse then on the Gneisenau!

Git gut or get out!

• Boring 1

[L4GG]
Players
1,659 posts
6,503 battles

Gneisenau+ t7= legendary sh1t?

No, no.

your maths are  off, your formula is wrong.

the correct answer is.

Legendary sh1t.

but the correct formula is.

Pensa+t7 = legendary floating turd  

Gneisenau it's just...

FUN.

Players
116 posts
7,189 battles

Gneisenau is great ship.

Holds my record in planes destroyed (66) plus solid avg dmg 72240

Its not noob friendly (sniping from edge of map)

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,285 posts
10,752 battles
On 20-4-2018 at 6:35 PM, Aragathor said:

Gneisenau also has some of the best secondaries and AA at tier, I think only the Lyon outshines the AA.

Really?

Lyon has even better AA than the the Gneisenau? :cap_fainting: but why? :cap_hmm::cap_old:

[BYOB]
Players
3,402 posts
12,077 battles
7 minutes ago, lup3s said:

Really?

Lyon has even better AA than the the Gneisenau? :cap_fainting: but why? :cap_hmm::cap_old:

My Gneis has a BFT/AFT captain with Short AA of 111, Medium AA of 74, and Long AA of 164. Total - 349 at short range.

My Lyon captain has only AFT and a Short AA of 99, Medium AA of 185, and Long AA o 83. Total - 367 at short range. With BFT that would go up to ~440.

Fun for CVs at every moment.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,506 posts
15,426 battles
1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

My Gneis has a BFT/AFT captain with Short AA of 111, Medium AA of 74, and Long AA of 164. Total - 349 at short range.

My Lyon captain has only AFT and a Short AA of 99, Medium AA of 185, and Long AA o 83. Total - 367 at short range. With BFT that would go up to ~440.

Fun for CVs at every moment.

That's just obsean. .. @wot_chikor Gneis is a fantastic  ship.. only reason I did not keep her is I have the Scharnhorst.

[BYOB]
Players
3,402 posts
12,077 battles
13 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

That's just obsean. .. @wot_chikor Gneis is a fantastic  ship.. only reason I did not keep her is I have the Scharnhorst.

You wanted to say obscene? Yes...

And don't forget, manually targeting a squadron increases the DPS by 30%. So with BFT that Lyon should have ~572 short range AA. :cap_rambo:

That's around the same number that my North Carolina has. :Smile_smile: