You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

WG: Would it be possible to know the statistics for Win/Defeat in "Domination" battles when there is difference in number of DDs (i.e. 2:1, 3:2, 4:3, 5:4 etc.)?

13 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,190 posts
8,986 battles

Hi all,

WG: Would it be possible to know the statistics for Win/Defeat in "Domination" battles when there is difference in number of DDs (i.e. 2:1, 3:2, 4:3, 5:4 etc.)?

Thanks in advance!

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S:

Thread on Reddit:

Players
1,589 posts
11,097 battles

Probably not statistically significant because 1 good DD player can counter 5 bad ones or 3 decent ones. DD play is a lot more about skill than numbers.

And since the distribution is random...

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles

1:0 is probably where the difference is going to be highest, while 4:5 will have the smallest difference in WR.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,321 posts
12,370 battles

According to WG there is not much influence of uneven DD numbers, however I very much doubt this, as statistical data can be gathered and analysed in many different ways and without having seen the data yourself you can never be sure if any analysis was done in a meaningful way or not.

• Cool 1

Players
2,476 posts
14,599 battles

Interesting question. 

I feel like I win more battles when it is  1:0, 2:1, or 3:2; than I do when it is 4:3, 5:4.  Feel doesn't actually mean anything.  I would be interested in that answer also.

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles
2 minutes ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

Interesting question. 

I feel like I win more battles when it is  1:0, 2:1, or 3:2; than I do when it is 4:3, 5:4.  Feel doesn't actually mean anything.  I would be interested in that answer also.

1:0 means pretty much a guaranteed free cap for the DD team, which gives them a big advantage.

2:1 can still result in the same thing, but the DDs may go for the same cap if stupid, so it is not 100 percent.

3:2 will already generally not yield an early cap advantage

4:5 means that all the caps will be contested anyway, and that 1 extra DD matters only very little.

I believe there is some sort of diminishing returns in work here. The more DDs there are in a match, the smaller the advantage of having an extra DD becomes.

• Cool 1

[_OPC_]
Players
416 posts
11,845 battles

For what? They will state that it is fine and equal and ofc they will include tier 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,321 posts
12,370 battles
11 minutes ago, Tekacko said:

1:0 means pretty much a guaranteed free cap for the DD team, which gives them a big advantage.

2:1 can still result in the same thing, but the DDs may go for the same cap if stupid, so it is not 100 percent.

3:2 will already generally not yield an early cap advantage

4:5 means that all the caps will be contested anyway, and that 1 extra DD matters only very little.

I believe there is some sort of diminishing returns in work here. The more DDs there are in a match, the smaller the advantage of having an extra DD becomes.

Pure numbers are only telling half of the story. Type of DD in question also matters, especially when considering Russian gunboats and/or torp reliant DD and their appropriate playstyle.

A Shimakaze, Shimakaze, Kiev setup will have a much harder time handling caps than a Gearing, Yueyang and Loyang combination... 

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles

having 1 DD less probably doesn't impact the outcome that much (there definitely would be some impact, but nothing particularly interesting)

Now the one that I'd like to know is when your team is 1 DD down AND enemies have all 3...5 radars of that match - good luck winning that one

Players
161 posts
5,853 battles
1 hour ago, Tekacko said:

1:0 means pretty much guaranteed free caps for the DD team as either no one will step up to be the point ship on the other side or if they do they will get sod all support and quickly become a submarine 

fixed it for you :)

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,723 posts
7,564 battles

I don't think Tuccy would lie but I have no reason to trust WG where their perception of "significance" is.   Is 5% significant?  2%.... 1%?