Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ChaosMachineGR

Ranked Battles Season 9

40 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
952 posts
5,606 battles

I think DD's have the most impact / highest carry potential. Well together with well played radar cruisers (but this basically means you are countering DD's underlining the DD's importance).

 

So for tier 8 go with LoYang. For tier 10 I think Z52 will in fact be strongest, for the simple reason it can hydro so long and at such range that enemy DD's without hydro are powerless.  If you think LoYang is annoying to playa against wait until you see a Z52 with hydro module. Gearing and YueYang come as (very) distant second. Don't bring anything else IMO.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,697 posts
7,337 battles

I suspect that for higher ranks some of the long range sniper cruisers might be popular, Hindenburg especially, low battle impact but good for farming damage and hanging onto your star.

 

Up to rank 10, who cares?  If you're halfway good then anything will work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,388 posts
7,851 battles
20 minutes ago, _Hugo said:

Montana Hakurju Des Moines Z-52. Die Karten sind klein.

German spotted! :cap_haloween:

Welcome to the Forums but in this section we are discussing in english only.

Please either adapt or change to the German Forum.

 

11 minutes ago, ChaosMachineGR said:

What is yours?

Most likely not the same than yours.

For me it should be the Shima or the Khaba which are both not optimal for Ranked.

I place my faith in Z-52 this season (If I manage to get to her until I reach Rank 10).

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
2,586 posts
6,443 battles

As a matter of interest, how did people find the Z-23 last time?

 

I'm probably going to unlock it this weekend, and was wondering if it was a worthwhile choice for the T8 portion of ranked.

 

I made a lot of use of Lo Yang last season, but was wondering about alternatives...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,388 posts
7,851 battles
Just now, Verblonde said:

As a matter of interest, how did people find the Z-23 last time?

 

I'm probably going to unlock it this weekend, and was wondering if it was a worthwhile choice for the T8 portion of ranked.

 

I made a lot of use of Lo Yang last season, but was wondering about alternatives...

If you have Lo Yang it is the better choice, because the Lo Yang kept the unnerfed Hydrorange. The Z-23s Hydro is just too short ranged to compete for a cap against a Lo Yang by trying to use her strength which should be her Hydro.

If you want to try something else you can go for Akizuki/Harekaze or Kagero. Those are just not as good at carrying as you can't really bully DDs out of their cap like a Lo Yang could.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,420 posts
9,399 battles
6 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

If you have Lo Yang it is the better choice, because the Lo Yang kept the unnerfed Hydrorange. The Z-23s Hydro is just too short ranged

 

Loyangs Hydro was actually buffed to its current range before last season. It used to be way more balanced before. 

 

Yeah Z-23 is bad and its Hydro is only really useful for torpedo protection. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
297 posts
9,172 battles

I think this is great using Tier 10 ships.... Less low skilled players won't have any Tier 10 ships or maybe 1 Tier 10.
Making this Ranked Season rely on high tier, making the game more skill dependant and low skilled players grind 400-600 Battles to reach Rank 1.... it's not the proper way of Ranked or Clan Battles.
It will show more skilled players in Ranked, and will define good players from bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,228 posts
6,768 battles
14 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

As a matter of interest, how did people find the Z-23 last time?

 

I'm probably going to unlock it this weekend, and was wondering if it was a worthwhile choice for the T8 portion of ranked.

 

I made a lot of use of Lo Yang last season, but was wondering about alternatives...

I remember my ears becoming numbs after the outcry of pure rage and frustration coming from my friends in Discord trying to grind both Hsienyang and Z-23 for the tier 10. I don't think you should have much hope of them ever replacing Lo Yang. :cap_book:

Benson would be a more sensible choice for the 5 gun hull, or Harekaze/Akizuki.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,341 posts
11,248 battles
2 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

If you want to try something else you can go for Akizuki/Harekaze or Kagero. Those are just not as good at carrying as you can't really bully DDs out of their cap like a Lo Yang could.

Although it should be noted that if one team has Lo Yang+ Akizuki vs 2* Lo Yang, the former just crap on the latter, since the second hydro is reduntant while Akizuki's firepower... well... isn't. Problem is, you never know who you're going to have on your team - and if you end up with no LY against a team that does have one or more, you're in a bit of a bind potentially.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,228 posts
6,768 battles
1 minute ago, eliastion said:

Although it should be noted that if one team has Lo Yang+ Akizuki vs 2* Lo Yang, the former just crap on the latter, since the second hydro is reduntant while Akizuki's firepower... well... isn't. Problem is, you never know who you're going to have on your team - and if you end up with no LY against a team that does have one or more, you're in a bit of a bind potentially.

Lo Yang can just smoke and hydro at the same time, and keep the torpedoes (even more the fast 6.7km ones) for the moment when the Akizuki rush for the onslaught.

Akizuki and LY is quite an even match depending on how both play. LY get the torpedo and consumable advantage while Akizuki gets impressive firepower.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

for t8: loyang, harekaze, akizuki, chapayev, NC

for t10:  radar yueyang if teamplay is possible z52/gearing if not, conqueror (think it is somewhat better for ranked than montana), des moines, hindenburg

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,388 posts
7,851 battles
2 minutes ago, PhantomSailor said:

I think this is great using Tier 10 ships.... Less low skilled players won't have any Tier 10 ships or maybe 1 Tier 10.
Making this Ranked Season rely on high tier, making the game more skill dependant and low skilled players grind 400-600 Battles to reach Rank 1.... it's not the proper way of Ranked or Clan Battles.
It will show more skilled players in Ranked, and will define good players from bad.

The problem is they also lowered the last "save" rank to Rank 10, which is also the rank for the first League until Rank 6. This means all the complete noobs that somehow manage to reach Rank 10 can and that own even one Tier X can spam Ranked and you will only be save from them when you reach Rank 5 and up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
7 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

The problem is they also lowered the last "save" rank to Rank 10, which is also the rank for the first League until Rank 6. This means all the complete noobs that somehow manage to reach Rank 10 can and that own even one Tier X can spam Ranked and you will only be save from them when you reach Rank 5 and up.

That's always been the case. Most bad players can't cope with the Premier League. 

 

I'd wager the vast majority of Premier League players yo yo between R6 and R5.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,341 posts
11,248 battles
18 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

Lo Yang can just smoke and hydro at the same time, and keep the torpedoes (even more the fast 6.7km ones) for the moment when the Akizuki rush for the onslaught.

Akizuki and LY is quite an even match depending on how both play. LY get the torpedo and consumable advantage while Akizuki gets impressive firepower.

The situation that I mentioned where Akizuki is clearly superior to LY was very specific: 2v2 situation where Akizuki is accompanying a Lo Yang. This is THE combination - LY hydro gives Akizuki the chance to shoot even if the enemy tries to smoke up (and spots torps as a bonus). Akizuki makes the best of LY's hydro by providing cruiser-grade firepower at point blank range, melting enemy DDs at unparalleled speed. They basically have the perfect synergy as cap contesters, covering each others' weaknesses (Lo Yang's decent but not impressive DPM and Akizuki's weakness to being stuck without the option to retaliate + vulnerability to torps due to bad handling).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
2,586 posts
6,443 battles

Many thanks to everyone who replied to my question - excellent information - much appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
4,808 posts
6,919 battles

It will probably be another BB fest so no cruiser will be really good

Noone plays CVs anyway

 

That leaves BBs and DDs

 

DDs - Yueyang becuase of how stealthy his torps are and Shima / Gearing because BBs will be camping

 

BBs - there isn't really a weak one. Haven't really played the Republic outside of PTS, that's the only one looking meh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[H_FAN]
Players
2,002 posts
24,078 battles
1 hour ago, Miessa3 said:

The problem is they also lowered the last "save" rank to Rank 10, which is also the rank for the first League until Rank 6. This means all the complete noobs that somehow manage to reach Rank 10 can and that own even one Tier X can spam Ranked and you will only be save from them when you reach Rank 5 and up.

I actually think it is nice and logical that they lowered that last "save" rank to the point when they change tiers, if they should stay on 12 the change in tiers should be at that point instead.

And I think it is  a little elitistic to say that all the complete noobs - after all they are not too many at tier 10 and the elite players (to which I absolutely are not anywhere near) will always find the others complete noobs when in fact the complete noobs are in minority but many are average which the unicums unfairly describe as complete noobs.

 

I will not bother go down far as I am at best even in my favourite T10s pure average player especially in those that i will suspect will be the top choices, I will as usual grind ranked in the later part and then I am better than average for a while and will stop when I so to speak hit the wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

It will probably be another BB fest so no cruiser will be really good

Noone plays CVs anyway

 

That leaves BBs and DDs

 

DDs - Yueyang becuase of how stealthy his torps are and Shima / Gearing because BBs will be camping

 

BBs - there isn't really a weak one. Haven't really played the Republic outside of PTS, that's the only one looking meh

if it is anything like clan battles meta, yueyang may not have as stealthy torps as you may think (all the hydro)... and they have big drawback of not being able to torp another dd.

 

ca-s i will reserve my opinion on that. they may be good or not depending on the meta and the maps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
4,808 posts
6,919 battles
15 minutes ago, robihr said:

if it is anything like clan battles meta, yueyang may not have as stealthy torps as you may think (all the hydro)... and they have big drawback of not being able to torp another dd.

 

ca-s i will reserve my opinion on that. they may be good or not depending on the meta and the maps.

In a BB heavy meta (so literally like it is always) Hydro would be a thing if GK was massively popular... But I'm willing to bet that if such a moment arises Conqs will quickly beat them out.

 

And good or not no CA stands up against 5...6 BBs. They may be good or bad - doesn't make a damn bit of difference at that point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
40 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

In a BB heavy meta (so literally like it is always) Hydro would be a thing if GK was massively popular... But I'm willing to bet that if such a moment arises Conqs will quickly beat them out.

 

And good or not no CA stands up against 5...6 BBs. They may be good or bad - doesn't make a damn bit of difference at that point

remember that z has hydro also and with pushing forward he can spot those torps a lot sooner. also des moines can camp behind islands, there are lot of positions where he can camp where bb cant get him.

like i said it depends on meta (how much bb will people take) and maps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WCWVE]
Players
816 posts
12,440 battles

Some of us still play CV's sometimes 

As this season starts off with T8, I will just play everything until I find something that seems to work, I can see a role for Russian cruisers in the season, aircraft carriers and battleships but not for the DD's unless I am very fortunate  and probably not CA's either 

CL's will likely cause problems with there high rate of fire (I kept Mogami as a CL as I looked at the potential DPM rate and there is more potential for damage as a CL than as a CA)

Have only got 4 t8 DD's and 2 of them are premium ships (Sims and Lo Yang)

The Enterprise might do well as will Shokaku, Lexington will not do well probably 

Richelieu with all the guns at the front might do well and might do poorly, but could surprise some players with the extra turn of speed

Monarch will be a problem to some players 

So will probably start with CV's and BB's (3 CV's to play with 8 BB's) then go to CL's (4 ships) then DD's and finally CA's although I do not hold out much hope for the CA's getting anything significant 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×