Fat_Maniac

Hearts of Oak recruitment thread [HOO]

80 comments in this topic

[RNSF]
Beta Tester
83 posts
7,477 battles

looking for a relaxed clan with the social chat side to join, have a great interest in the history side especially the RN as did 10 years in the senior service. let me know if any places. Up Spirits.:Smile_izmena:

[HOO]
Players
4 posts
1,497 battles

Hi 

So to start i am pretty young (17). Didnt see any age restriction but still letting you know.(read it again and saw the 18+. Will be 18 in 5 months.)

I have interest in naval history and ww2 in general.

Pretty new to the game.

So if you would want some young blood let me know.

Konffi

Players
1 post

Heya guys,

I'm 36 I live in Scotland but I'm Polish. My English could be a lot better but i should manage with in game communication.

I play WoWs for few weeks. I'm casual player. Right now I'm spending a little more time playing than usual but usually I should be available for few evenings weekly. My top Ship is Lyon, and I'm concentrating on collecting all French ships. And I'm slowly learning that charging is not always best idea. (But those broadsides of secondaries on battleships look  so pretty. :P)

I'm history geek, specialy about Napoleonic Wars period and Polish(and Duchy of Warsaw  -  thats Napoleonic part of Polish history) history around XVII - XIX century. I'm wargamer got some Duchy of Warsaw miniatures for FoG but most of them are WIP. Some time ago I put my hands on Sails of Glory, because I love Age of Sail ships and also because miniatures are already assembled and painted... To make long story short I'm replacing now all my AOG plastic miniatures with metal ones. I just finished my first and I'm so proud of it I will attach photo. :P

5bb893e5cc319_HMSTerpsichore.thumb.JPG.82d9548106586fa8b18b1518b83d2b32.JPG

(Not really historically accurate, but it's only for wargaming. And next will be better. 74-gun british ship. :)

Anyhow, I already send request to join yesterday. In game I'm The Grand Phuba. Hopefully you will accept. ; ]

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
78 posts
4,054 battles

Hello,

Playing WoWs quite a bit again, very much interested in history and the idea of reenactments of notable engagements intrigues me more than a little.

Playing my destroyers a lot at the moment but I've gone up a few lines. 

Only just left my current clan, there was very little activity in it.

[HOO]
Players
1,241 posts
2,652 battles

We still have a few places available for anyone who is an active WoWS player with an interest in history.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,125 posts

And back to the front page. 

Apart from being "a nice bunch of people on Discord", we also have a decently equipped clan-base, have clan-battle opportunities,... Join up today if you're into historical stuff!

[HOO]
Players
1,241 posts
2,652 battles
15 hours ago, SirDixie said:

Tell me more MrFingers, tell me more..

What would you like to know Sir? :Smile_coin:

[HOO]
Players
1,241 posts
2,652 battles
5 hours ago, Movan03 said:

hi looking to join an active fun intresting clan i sent an ingame request to join thanks.

Someone should or will be talking to you in game very soon. 

[HOO]
Players
20 posts
7,130 battles

I joined the HAERT clan a while back now and haven't looked back since. Great clan with a good mix of people from around the world and cannot recommend enough. Weekly fleet engagements, active community and having a go at Clan Battles.

If interested drop Fat_Maniac a PM. There are a couple of places in the clan which we are looking to fill with like-minded comrades!

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
784 posts

Everybody is welcome into our clan if we have spaces all we ask that  are on discord, so as to be able to take part in our fleet events, just get in touch wi one of our admins and they'll be glad to take care of you.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
1,241 posts
2,652 battles
On 12/7/2018 at 11:58 AM, mitchell600 said:

Fat_Maniac, i have sended you a personal message about recruitment.

Greetings

Read, actioned, and welcome aboard :Smile_honoring:

Beta Tester
81 posts
2,388 battles

Please consider me. Large and extensive fleet, love WOWS, not that good at it although I do try my best. Happy to learn...

Into 20th Century Naval Warfare since childhood (lots of little lead dreadnoughts and other ships of the Grand and the High Seas Fleets), Board Wargamer since 1970, PC wargamer since 1998. Can no longer bear WoT due to 'blink and you'll miss it' style of gameplay and the overall poor team skills of players.

Caveat: never used Discord, don't know how to, but should be delighted to find out.

[HOO]
2,125 posts
2 minutes ago, Bluestrategist said:

Caveat: never used Discord, don't know how to, but should be delighted to find out.

Don't worry about it, neither did I. But it's fairly intuitive, and you don't need apps and such for the likes, I just have it as a clickable link in my Firefox-browser.

@Fat_Maniac looks like we've got some new meat for the grinder!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HOO]
2,125 posts

After a small purge where some inactive members were made to walk the plank set free, we now have some more vacant spaces, and are thus looking to expand our community. 

Basic Requirements:

• Be active in the game and be regularly on the Discord (voice chat not mandatory, but it helps), and preferably have time on Sunday afternoon (5PM EU-time, 4PM UK time) for the historic re-enactments in the Training Room. That also means: contribute to the clanbase by gathering containers for oil.
  • Speak English. We're not expecting Oxford-English, but you must be able to express yourself in Her Majesty's language and at such a level the others can understand you.
  • Have an adult mindset.
  • Don't be a male reproductive organ. Banter happens, but remain respectful towards others who might have a different opinion on something.
  • Have a passion for, or at least a noticeable interest in, the history of warships, ranging from the age of sail to "everything that isn't a SAM-missile platform".
  • Be open for divisions. If you are in-game, and another one from HAERT is online and invites you, clicking away is frowned upon.
  • You can get bonus points if you know Ainsley Harriott in person.

What can we offer to the table:

• A friendly community of like-minded spirits
  • A (relatively) no-strings-attached approach. Your winrate doesn't matter, if you do PvE only it doesn't matter,... You don't have to be in the game every day, just make sure it's regularly, and make long absences known.
  • A decently equipped clan-base with every building researched, and apart from the Coal (II) and Steel (I) ports everything researched, so plenty of clan-discounts for techtree ships.
  • An Alpha- & Beta- team for Clan Battles, should you have clan ambitions. Having a T10 (cruiser) is preferred, but rentals aren't frowned upon, especially not in Beta. Season after season we're getting stronger in CW's.
  • Tutoring opportunities where a more experienced player learns you the ropes and learns you how to maximise the potential of your ship. Also a dedicated "help-channel" in the Discord.
  • A specific PvE-evening where we tackle the scenarios as a clan. Great for farming (Free)XP.

Does this sounds interesting to you? Contact @Fat_Maniac, @Dutch_Soldier, @Lions_Pride, @Isambard_Kingdom_Brunel.

• Cool 4

Players
12 posts
5,937 battles

For anyone that is interested in joining our humble ranks, you will not regret your decision.

I joined almost a year ago after playing the game solo since OBT, and this clan has given me a wonderful community to be a part of. My time as a member has kept me passionate about the game, especially in these trying times of change. I have discovered the joys of playing Clan Battles over the last two seasons, and my experiences with them have been wonderful. Our Fleet Engagements are also extremely enjoyable to be a part of, and they give our community a place where our companionship with each other can develop.

If you are interested in naval history or just want a casual clan to be a member of, we are the clan for you. HAERT wants you in its ranks. If you are concerned with using Discord, it is an easy app to figure out how to use. You won't regret it. I know I certainly don't.

• Cool 4

Players
305 posts

I know I'm not the forumite I used to be around here but I would really like to echo the above posts and place some emphasis on what these guys are saying. As one of the older clans in the game (I launched it a few patches into 0.6), Hearts of Oak remains the go-to for History-related conversation, Scenario play and historical memes. I dare anyone to challenge us on this. :fish_viking:

Furthermore, as Mr.Fingers already covered perfectly in the above, we do cater to a broad church. So long as you're not naughty or a landlubber, you will be able to join in with us. Please do feel free to message myself or one of the other admin linked in Mr.Finger's post for more info on anything!

• Cool 3