Players
1,241 posts
2,652 battles

HEARTS OF OAK

5958e28688ad7_HEARTLogo1.thumb.png.c7e2374316ecead1e9e20fa0749ec920.png

We still make them feel and we still make them flee,
And drub them ashore as we drub them at sea,
Then cheer up me lads with one heart let us sing,
Our soldiers and sailors, our statesmen and king.

Hearts of Oak is a clan named after the upbeat Royal Navy march, aimed at capitalising on the upcoming Scenarios Mode as well as friendly division or event play between players interested in Naval History. We aren't bothered about competitive play so much as the context and history of naval warfare. That being said, healthy competition is always welcome whether it be in one of our unique and historical Fleet Engagements* or who knows the most about HMS Victory! As such, enthusiasts of earlier periods as well as the 20th century are also very welcome. Stats and battle count aren't important here in the slightest, though a desire to improve is strongly encouraged.

What you should be able to offer us:

• A genuine and sincere interest in naval history; regardless of period. 
  • The motivation to join in with scenario battles on occasion.
  • A friendly, mature approach to both gaming and historical discussion.
  • A favourite era/period
  • A favourite ship type/class/line
  • Ability to speak and/or type English at any level***
  • Voice chat is required in this clan.
  • You will need to join in on our Discord Server and be an active part of our community.

What HEART offers you:

• Unique Fleet Engagements! Re-live history!
  • Healthy academic conversation or debate about naval history/history in general
  • Open, chilled and friendly Random battle divisions
  • Grinding help or assistance and training with the game itself
  • The possibility of inter-clan play.
  • The option to leave us at any time for any reason

Sorry, but as a mature group, where mutual respect is compulsory applications from those 18+ will be considered

Interested? Leave a comment and one of us will PM you! :honoring: 

• Cool 1

[HEATH]
Players
4 posts
2,411 battles

Hi, im a huge history buff especially around WW2, would love to hear more about the clan and join!

im from the UK with a mic and discord etc.. currently working my way up, only been playing a few days, 

hope to hear from you soon!

Kano213

[HOO]
Players
1,241 posts
2,652 battles
20 hours ago, kano213 said:

Hi, im a huge history buff especially around WW2, would love to hear more about the clan and join!

im from the UK with a mic and discord etc.. currently working my way up, only been playing a few days, 

hope to hear from you soon!

Kano213

HI and thanks for contacting us. I've sent you a PM. :-)

Players
1 post
491 battles

Hey, played this game about a year ago and looking to get back into it but with some clanmates this time!

I mainly play CA to support my BBs with AA cover so I'm more of a support player in general (no top of the leaderboard for me :D)

Anyway, enough rambling I'm always down for tryharding or just general bants with mates, I have discord as well and would like to join.

Hope you'll have me, InfamousWaffle

Don't drink and sail :)

Players
12 posts
5,937 battles

Hello,

I've been playing this game since mid-Open Beta Test, and I finally figured that I would join a clan, and yours seemed to fit what I am looking for.

I am a huge World War II buff, and it is part of what I am studying in college. I mainly play the high tier USN Battleships (mainly Alabama and Missouri) and (when the split happens) Baltimore and Cleveland, as I am an American (long story).

I hope you'll accept a Yank amongst your fleet.

Kudos Apollo

Players
12 posts
5,937 battles

Thank you for accepting me into your clan @Fat_Maniac.

For anyone that is thinking about joining this clan, they are a great group of players to play and interact with. I only recently joined, but I have honestly had more fun playing with the clan and discussing the history of naval warfare than I ever had playing WoWs solo over the course of the last two and a half years. If you have an interest in any era of naval history and want to play with a wonderful clan, apply here. You won't regret it. I know I certainly don't.

Kudos Apollo

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Players
1,241 posts
2,652 battles

We are still here and always looking for anybody with an interest in history to join us.

Stats don't matter nor does the tiers you play and we will be taking part in Clan Wars again, if you are interested in that.

[HOO]
Players
1,241 posts
2,652 battles

We always have a place for anybody interested in history, stats really don't matter, and we don't mind if you prefer to play CoOp

[HOO]
Players
1,241 posts
2,652 battles

Still here and we have a couple of places available. Remember stats and number of battles dont matter, just a love of history and wanting to be part of a fun community.

[HOO]
Beta Tester
680 posts
5,424 battles

In the words of Groucho Marx, "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member!".

Well, they've just let me in; think long and hard!!!!. Probably not the best recruitment bump but as we used to say while I was serving hundreds of meters below the waves:-

"If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have signed up!" :Smile_sceptic:

(Thx chaps :Smile_great:  )

• Funny 1

[HOO]
Players
1,241 posts
2,652 battles
On 8/3/2018 at 11:27 PM, StalkerSoC said:

I could be interested to join, I know Ghostrider_24 from another game, so might be nice !

Hi Stalker,

Sorry for the delay, been a busy weekend in the real world. I'll send you a private message later today, once I've sorted you a place :-).

• Cool 1

[R_W]
Players
2 posts
1,486 battles

Ok, I am a really bad player -- but you said that statistics don't matter -- and that you don't mind people playing mostly co-op (I do because I get trashed in random battles and it stops being fun).

Oh, and you say what matters most is an interest in naval history -- so maybe this could be the clan for me: I am fascinated by warships since I was five or six -- and i have built a rather extensive knowledge in more than (ops) fifty years. As an Italian, my main focus is the Regia Marina, but the Med and Atlantic theatres in WW2 are my general topic of interest.

So, if you had still one place for a self confessed bad player, I would be glad to fill it ;-)

[BOBS2]
Beta Tester
6 posts
1,351 battles

Hey its me again

My battle count is still bugged 

Heres my last post

Hey

I love wows but when i get bored of it fast when playing solo and my friends dont like the game. thus im looking for a clan.

I really love the pacific theater. Im a huge fan of naval aviation and fast battleships, but ingame its american cruisers for me.

I play daily but not wows atm because alone i can play max 3 battles before getting bored. My battle count is a perfect example of that. Im 99% gonna be more active when i have people i can chat with while playing it. As for my activity on discord, eeeh im there 24/7.