Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ysterpyp

Last know Position on global map

17 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Players
1,244 posts
15,470 battles

Would it be possible to implement the last known position of enemy ships on the Normal map when pressing M key like it is on the minimap?

I use the global map to play cv's , but then i have to look at the minimap for last known enemy positions 

Hope this makes sense :etc_red_button:

• Cool 12

[SCRUB]
Players
2,675 posts
9,605 battles

A sensible request. Can support that; though AFTER they fixed CV UI in general.

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,359 battles

Not a CV player but I support this idea.

• Cool 1

Players
2,160 posts
3 hours ago, _DeathWing_ said:

Not a CV player but I support this idea.

Same, seems like a perfectly sensible request to go along with the other CV UI fixes that my CV playing friends have long requested.

• Cool 1

Players
804 posts
12,827 battles

The idea is a good one, I would like it implemented too (I also belong to the, as I call them, boardgame-style CV players), but I'm afraid it may not be done that easily: the global/tactical map is part of the 3D world after all, so elements from the 2D minimap could be a bit of a problem when added to it. You can notice because landmasses and the height at what planes are flying are affected by perspective (this last one not visible in replays but happening when setting waypoints during the actual gameplay, being more prominent the further from middle they're set and the smaller the map is), and even the lattice is slightly angled making a trapezium.

Salute.

• Cool 1

[TS1]
Players
586 posts
7,618 battles

My first thought on this subject was: Why isn't this in the game already? Then I realised the answer: WG.

• Funny 3

Community Contributor, Beta Tester
404 posts
17,958 battles

Thats a really good idea actually. i dont play much CVs lately though but overall a good idea :D :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,195 posts
14,454 battles

Uh, am I the only one who basically never uses the global map? Like ever? Even when playing CVs?

I mean, not that I'm against this change ofc.

• Funny 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,244 posts
15,470 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Uh, am I the only one who basically never uses the global map? Like ever? Even when playing CVs?

In the beginning i played without it but it doesnt work that well with the Tahio and Hakuryu due to number of squads  , i get lost where all my planes are . But this is just my experience 

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,195 posts
14,454 battles
1 minute ago, Ysterpyp said:

i get lost where all my planes are

I just use the minimap for that tbh.

(I hope people realize that you can issue orders on the minimap and use it to move your viewpoint btw.)

Players
1,589 posts
11,094 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

No I play the same way.

Have the minimap set to max size tho. Tbh with the clunky UI issuing orders directly on the minimap is much easier than anything else. Sort of like rts games :)

Beta Tester
2,028 posts
2,749 battles

Fair is fair, if we get to see them on our mini map then you should get to see it on your play map. (for the record: Don't play cv's personally)

• Cool 1

[TS1]
Players
586 posts
7,618 battles
8 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

I don't look at it either. I use it, but only for elevating the camera to look over islands. I probably should use it more, since I in calmer periods often navigate solely by the minimap and I guess the bigger map would be better in those cases. Maybe I can notice the smaller islands better on that map.

[UNICS]
Players
1,244 posts
15,470 battles
16 hours ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

but I'm afraid it may not be done that easily: the global/tactical map is part of the 3D world after all, so elements from the 2D minimap could be a bit of a problem when added to it.

Don't give reasons for them not to implement :Smile-_tongue:

sometimes when i want to manual drop that minimap is in the way and i accidently right click on the minimap and it transport me to another part of the map. lol

When that map is open and LP is implemented i see no reason for the minimap to be open when the global map is open . Its is just in the way like team panels

[BS4]
Players
880 posts
5,487 battles
16 hours ago, Runegrem said:

My first thought on this subject was: Why isn't this in the game already? Then I realised the answer: WG.

my thoughts exactly ....

5 hours ago, Runegrem said:

I don't look at it either. I use it, but only for elevating the camera to look over islands. I probably should use it more, since I in calmer periods often navigate solely by the minimap and I guess the bigger map would be better in those cases. Maybe I can notice the smaller islands better on that map.

Same but also use it to set a general course at start of game especially if I play BB ocasionaly,  but found that course setting later in the game spells certain doom as DD 's love a BB that sticks to set courses Obviously. But I would like to see this idea implemented 100%

Sign in to follow this