Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Boris_MNE

Discussion regarding tutorials...

Discussion regarding tutorials...  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which position you prefer?

• Academy 1
    • Academy 2
    • Academy 3
    • Academy 4
    • Somewhere else (elaborate in comments)...
    • Do not implement...

8 comments in this topic

1,471 posts
10,089 battles

finally1.thumb.png.2db3f9342b386843766fb0871c40d6ff.png

How it works.... new wargaming sorta... guide??...

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/how-it-works-ep1

Well it happens that I love this idea so much, maybe finally those noobs will learn to not use HE on broadside cruiser while playing IJN or American BB lets say...

but attaching it only to site is not enough in my opinion. Dozen of noobs will never visit forum.  I suggest to implement it IN game, where you would be able to watch video directly from game , or game would transfer you on site if that is easier to code.

UI should be clear, visible so newbies can actually NOTICE that.

Lets say on level 2 you unlock  some gifts BUT also and highlighted option where you have to press and find guides.

We do have training section on site, but some  informations are kinda outdated there and it is not attractive to newbies. I just see this as one more attempt to improve game quality... it can't hurt... can it?

Please leave your feedback, maybe WG will  see!!!!

Also there should be attached link to wows wikipedia , that site is regulary updated and very helpful.

Thanks

[TS1]
Players
587 posts
7,618 battles

I don't think the #3 spot is all that good if visibility is what you want. It's nicely hidden away for us players who already think we know this stuff which means it's also hidden away from the people who really should see it. Either of the other spots would probably work well enough, though I haven't given it much thought.

Players
2,160 posts

Took me a minute to understand what the poll options referred to, positions in your diagram.

Option 2 stands out to me as the most sensible and visible position. 

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,950 posts
3,877 battles

Honestly the people who really could do with learning from a tutorial are probably not the people who are going to push that optional button and watch a youtube video anyway.

The current steps are definitly in the right direction, but I think for most it will be hard to change habbits of most potatos currently in the game, especially with the Dunning-Kruger effect in full force.

People could watch yt vids before this to learn about mechanics or CV play, but if people ignore those I don't see why they won't ignore these yt vids.
I think the only thing to get these people to do a tutorial is to force it on everybody at playerlevel 1, and possibly even retroactively.

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,221 posts
14,454 battles

Honestly I'd force ingame tutorials on players whenever they research a new class (though since forcing will never happen a strong recommendation should suffice). Give out small rewards such as camos, a bit of free exp, credits and the like to make it worth their while.

If a tutorial button just leads to some videos or long walls of text most players will simply disregard them. Doing it ingame and giving out a bunch of trinkets on completion should be much more appealing.

• Cool 4

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,564 posts
8,261 battles

1 and 4 doesn't scale well with low resolutions and 3 is too hidden away.

So 2 by process of elimination.

3,842 posts
8,616 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Honestly I'd force ingame tutorials on players whenever they research a new class (though since forcing will never happen a strong recommendation should suffice). Give out small rewards such as camos, a bit of free exp, credits and the like to make it worth their while.

If a tutorial button just leads to some videos or long walls of text most players will simply disregard them. Doing it ingame and giving out a bunch of trinkets on completion should be much more appealing.

Could be matched with positive reeinforcement. E.g A special captain or a T4/T5 premium ship if you manage to ace all tutorials (similar to the system in GT4 where obtaining liceneses on different difficulties gives you something)

Players
849 posts
8,520 battles
3 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Yeah or 15-20 sec long vids when you unlock a new ship. With some quick info and advice. For example: "You've just unlocked the New Orleans, she has radar and excellent manoeuvrability and good detection range, use her close to caps to make the most of those qualities. But be careful though, she is a squishy ship so you better make use of island cover. Also the gun arcs make her perfect for lobbing shells over cover." 

Something along those lines, this is the first that came into my mind. But if only people saw something like this before they started playing their ship you would maybe have less people playing their ship the wrong way. For example, running and gunning minekazes and sniping FdG's. 

Sign in to follow this