You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
hgbn_dk

Do you know that feeling?

32 comments in this topic

[DC-DK]
Players
2,398 posts
24,389 battles

Do you know that feeling sitting in port and look at all your ships and not knowing which one to play if any at all??  Think I might have reached a point where I feel satiated. I mean I have 218 ships in port but none of them screams me me me!

Think I haven't grinded any line on this account this year. Just been playing the same ships again and again. Hopes the US cruiser split can motivate me again.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
15,913 posts
11,172 battles

Maybe you play too much?

From time to time I feel the need to reduce my playtime to not get bored with the game.

• Cool 4

[BYOB]
Players
3,391 posts
12,027 battles

No, with almost 100 ships in port I can say I have a different problem.

When I look at my ships, I don't ask myself which is fun to play, but which will screw me the least. When the MM puts me into a game where all of the players on my team are window lickers, cowards, and plain idiots, I can't count on a fun experience.

I'm playing less and less randoms, thanks to the MM. And I'm less and less interested in grinding lines.

I'm not feeling satiated, I'm feeling more and more disappointed with the game.

• Cool 3

[DC-DK]
Players
2,398 posts
24,389 battles
5 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Maybe you play too much?

From time to time I feel the need to reduce my playtime to not get bored with the game.

You might be right.

8 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

No, with almost 100 ships in port I can say I have a different problem.

When I look at my ships, I don't ask myself which is fun to play, but which will screw me the least. When the MM puts me into a game where all of the players on my team are window lickers, cowards, and plain idiots, I can't count on a fun experience.

I'm playing less and less randoms, thanks to the MM. And I'm less and less interested in grinding lines.

I'm not feeling satiated, I'm feeling more and more disappointed with the game.

Normally I see this as a challenge, but I must admit that the level of stupidity in game is rising beyond belief. sometimes double facepalms is not enough.. Maybe the reason my favourite mode is clan battles at least there you can trust your team.

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Players
7,713 posts
9,928 battles

In case of doubt, pick the one you haven't played for a while.

That's what I had with the Minotaur, hadn't played her in a while as I was grinding up a couple other cruiser lines. Then one day as I was grinding out the cruiser emblem I realized it, took her out and had a lot of fun.

That is of course if you haven't gotten a bit tired playing the game itself.

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Players
1,806 posts
9,602 battles
27 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Do you know that feeling sitting in port and look at all your ships and not knowing which one to play if any at all??  Think I might have reached a point where I feel satiated. I mean I have 218 ships in port but none of them screams me me me!

Think I haven't grinded any line on this account this year. Just been playing the same ships again and again. Hopes the US cruiser split can motivate me again.

I saw a "random ship selecter" in aslains mod pack. Didn't try it out though.

[BYOB]
Players
3,391 posts
12,027 battles
1 minute ago, hgbn_dk said:

Maybe the reason my favourite mode is clan battles at least there you can trust your team.

I'm becoming more and more of a fan towards organized teamplay. Because at least there the only unknown is the enemy team.

• Cool 1

[DC-DK]
Players
2,398 posts
24,389 battles
13 hours ago, Aotearas said:

In case of doubt, pick the one you haven't played for a while.

That's what I had with the Minotaur, hadn't played her in a while as I was grinding up a couple other cruiser lines. Then one day as I was grinding out the cruiser emblem I realized it, took her out and had a lot of fun.

That is of course if you haven't gotten a bit tired playing the game itself.

Fun part is that I have another account I created last fall to reinforce the other fraction of our clan in clan battles if they needed help. I'm actual playing more on that account, maybe its the challenge not having multiple 19 point commanders or excess of free xp or credits that triggers my motivation on that account.

Must admit that starting on a clean slate is a refreshing feeling. Can only recommend it.

[FDUSH]
Players
1,194 posts
6,749 battles

Usually when that happened I happily hopped on my Zuiho, but since three versions ago there is this really annoying bug where the planes stop giving status report. And also the other bug where I select a target in the carrier and the carrier wants to go there instead of attacking it.

[UNICS]
Players
1,244 posts
15,470 battles
10 hours ago, hgbn_dk said:

All the time, then i play cv 

Players
842 posts
8,520 battles
10 hours ago, hgbn_dk said:

Yes and then I whip out the V-25 and wreck some crap at T2. Makes me laugh every. It is just hilarious.

• Cool 1

Players
1,212 posts
7,642 battles
3 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Yes and then I whip out the V-25 and wreck some crap at T2. Makes me laugh every. It is just hilarious.

I agree, nothing like a good T3 bun fight for the lols... I keep Vampire in my port for that reason. Occasionally you end up in a low tier Epicentre game, which is even more fun. They really should make that a specific game mode below Tier V. 

That's actually a serious suggestion, BTW, kind of a fun mode for light hearted, no pressure games which don't really count towards stats or ship grinding. Co-op doesn't do that for me, I need more of a Mario Kart mode (although without the blue shell...) 

[T_D_G]
Players
386 posts
8,656 battles
27 minutes ago, principat121 said:

@hgbn_dk

Maybe investing more time in learing how to survive and win more battles?

I just checked his stats for curiosity and they impressed me... on the bad side of things :/. 18K battles and he is with 49% WR and all the classes he plays, he is bellow average of the server which is impressive with that many battles on his back.

Maybe he must stop watching that much his ships in port and start focusing on improving his awereness into the game and use his experience wisely.

It is kind of shocking that he didnt learn anything after that many battles but hit the "battle" button and just yolo there.

Idk, im impressed.

You should be focused on improving your gameplay, then you wont have this things happening to you OP

[DC-DK]
Players
2,398 posts
24,389 battles

I was long time a potato trust me you would not have seen those stats 1½ year ago.. My win rate then was much worse in 10-12K battles. But when you have so many poor games back then, its hard to improve the stats. To be honest I don't care about those stats on that account at all. No showing a fair picture where I am now.

https://wows-numbers.com/player/549920704,Yogibjoern/

Will show a more accurate picture where I am at the moment.

[IDDQD]
Players
1,785 posts
16,172 battles
21 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

I was long time a potato trust me you would not have seen those stats 1½ year ago.. My win rate then was much worse in 10-12K battles. But when you have so many poor games back then, its hard to improve the stats. To be honest I don't care about those stats on that account at all. No showing a fair picture where I am now.

this is good motivation. I had something around 52%WR after 4k battles when I realized I want to improve, before three/four months I finaly reached 60%WR. Now my goal is to have 60%+WR in every tier which will be another few thousand battles. After that I want to have best stats in EU, it will another few milion battles :Smile_trollface: 

You just need to find some goal to hunt.

• Funny 1

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
239 posts
5,227 battles

Not in warships, no (but then again, I have 50+ ships in my port, with various different tier premiums and a ship progressing every line in the game), but in tanks I've gotten that feeling often. Breaks from the game help with that, and also just doing something that is a bit out of your comfort zone.

[DC-DK]
Players
2,398 posts
24,389 battles
3 hours ago, B010011A said:

I just checked his stats for curiosity and they impressed me... on the bad side of things :/. 18K battles and he is with 49% WR and all the classes he plays, he is bellow average of the server which is impressive with that many battles on his back.

Maybe he must stop watching that much his ships in port and start focusing on improving his awereness into the game and use his experience wisely.

It is kind of shocking that he didnt learn anything after that many battles but hit the "battle" button and just yolo there.

Idk, im impressed.

You should be focused on improving your gameplay, then you wont have this things happening to you OP

If you have the same age and experience in real life that I have, then you'll find that stats of a pc game really literally means nothing. Just saying!

Beta Tester
1,907 posts
6,246 battles

So with 120 ships in port (and climing) lately i dont ask what ship to grind or witch is the "best" etc, rather i keep going "hmm witch ship is the most underdog, the most oddball" and my next go to ship (need to spec a skipper for it) drumroll... yep the powerhouse that is the mighty Albany (havent tried it soo) :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1

[T_D_G]
Players
386 posts
8,656 battles
32 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

If you have the same age and experience in real life that I have, then you'll find that stats of a pc game really literally means nothing. Just saying!

Since we are just talking about game experience, that doesnt matter :) yet my commentary was a constructive one. I didn't say anything bad i think. I just made a point on that you may change your focus in game to do better, then you'll have more fun and will get better results at the end of the battle.

Just saying.

[DC-DK]
Players
2,398 posts
24,389 battles
Just now, B010011A said:

Since we are just talking about game experience, that doesnt matter :) yet my commentary was a constructive one. I didn't say anything bad i think. I just made a point on that you may change your focus in game to do better, then you'll have more fun and will get better results at the end of the battle.

Just saying.

No hard feelings.. I did see it as a constructive comment. But like I said Stats are really not a important parameter in my personal perception of the game. Sure I like to win everybody does that. But I can enjoy a defeat in a really close match to.

I never claimed to be good player in the first place. But I'm good enough to be a core player on our elite team in the clan and we ended in typhoon league. That's good enough indicator for me.

[T_D_G]
Players
386 posts
8,656 battles
3 hours ago, hgbn_dk said:

No hard feelings.. I did see it as a constructive comment. But like I said Stats are really not a important parameter in my personal perception of the game. Sure I like to win everybody does that. But I can enjoy a defeat in a really close match to.

I never claimed to be good player in the first place. But I'm good enough to be a core player on our elite team in the clan and we ended in typhoon league. That's good enough indicator for me.

Grats on thr typhoon league thingy! 

I saw your secondary account stats and they are good! Stats for me are there so if you want to use them or not ^^. Im more centered on playing well all the time (which is impossible) but at least do better than average and i think i do well ^^

• Cool 1

[DC-DK]
Players
2,398 posts
24,389 battles

Thank you. Next goal is to get that Stalingrad. Unfortunately we kinda ran out of steam. Last 3 weeks of the season people was occupied with real world stuff, and it was hard to gather enough people for playing. But that is what it is. Next season will be better!!

I'm always trying to do my best in every battle, But sometimes brain hand coordination mess my game up lol.. Always room for improvement

[BGNAV]
Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
20 hours ago, hgbn_dk said:

yup too often, but mostly i hear a voice

ръш Б сука блят and im in queue with my Khaba....

or whispering echo far away thousands of battles away

"I`m the prime"

mhehhehehehehehehee Montana baby

m8 i hate them all this is why i have 24 TXs in my portsssss :Smile_trollface:

jump in some sealclubbing machine for 1-2 battles or in something "jinxed" that needs WR improve (to 50% ofc, we are talking for cursed ship)