Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Humorpalanta

30% coupon as a middle finger

28 comments in this topic

[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,472 battles

643lol.jpg

So I got a coupon. I'm like good I wanted to buy some dubloons and it is a nice option. Then I see this. Ok then, I'll buy dubloons as that's not gold. But noo. Then I'm like then let's buy a damn overpriced stupid space camo. Nope, special offer. Great.

You can buy anything except everything.

What an honour WG. Thank you. Thank you. So nice. I'll definitely spend my money in the shop. Buying a skin for the price of 3 games on a market starting with S.

• Cool 13
  • Funny 4

[SCRUB]
Players
7,709 posts
9,928 battles

Still leaves premium time or permanently premium ships you might have and are interested in. But yeah, that's not an awfully large selection.

Funny thing is apparently such coupons are flying from the shelf being given away at people ingame (supposedly for getting top XP), but I haven't gotten one (and yeah, I get top XP every once in a while ...).

Not that I'd use it on anything so I don't mind, just am mildy amused by it.

Modder
4,002 posts
7,189 battles
33 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

I wanted to buy some dubloons

The solution is very simple: Buy a premium ships you already own. You will get the full doubloon price as compensation (for example buying the Tirpitz would get you 12,500 doubloons). But you only paid 70% for the ship. In the end you got the doubloons 30% off. You are welcome!

• Cool 9

Players
1,189 posts
4,658 battles

I've gotten one of those coupons, it was either for doing a lot of damage or getting a lot of xp. Don't remember and I never used it. The prices in the store are so inflated that I buy as little as I can on general principle. Some gold from time to time. Can't get lower prices on gold anyways, so... meh!

I also get turned off from being a customer by WG's way of treating consumers. It's pretty obvious that they're trying to confuse people into spending more money than they should. For example, how many people do you think actually buys premium consumables with gold? Only those who don't understand that they can click the little arrow so you can pay with credits, probably.

• Cool 2

[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,472 battles
4 minutes ago, principat121 said:

The solution is very simple: Buy a premium ships you already own. You will get the full doubloon price as compensation (for example buying the Tirpitz would get you 12,500 doubloons). But you only paid 70% for the ship. In the end you got the doubloons 30% off. You are welcome!

06144420.jpg

Still shows WG and its stupidity.

[BYOB]
Players
3,380 posts
11,982 battles
11 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

Still shows WG and its stupidity.

It's not stupidity, it's their avarice and belief of superiority. The way they claim BS reasons for inflating prices or removing offers.

That coupon is a perfect example of it. There are more items you can't use it for, than things you can.

• Cool 2

[DC-DK]
Players
2,378 posts
24,345 battles

Hmmm I only get the 10% coupons and often when I just used 30+€ in the shop. Needless to say that I never use them, might be the reason I get them in the first place.

[IRON7]
Players
168 posts
1,018 battles
2 hours ago, principat121 said:

Exactly what  I was planning on doing for my next 30% off coupon.

Hopefully the one I'll get for my account existing for 7 years on WoT is a universal code instead of just a WoT-specific one, since I'd dearly love to get my hands on the Musashi.

Used it recently on WoT to get gold to use in WoWP btw; should get me two premium planes there for a total of 50% combined discount. :Smile_trollface:

Players
3,017 posts
7,133 battles

I've also gotten a 30% coupon this time.

Last time I gotten a 20% coupon but I ended up not spending it on anything as I found 20% a bit lackluster and at that time I had very recently already spend money during christmas.

This time the only ships I would want are Scharnhorst and that tier 5 Italian BB, but both those are not in the premium shop.

I don't have any premiums that are in the shop right now.

I might opt for the premium time though.

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,410 posts
14,618 battles

Already had two of those coupons (one was 10% and the other one 20%). Both expired unused.

GG WarGaming, your sales department is even worse than your developers and balancers. Which has its merit.

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
30 posts
3,563 battles

I bought Premium Time with 30% coupon but as an user above suggested if you need doubloons buy the premium ship you own and you will be rewarded with full price in doubloons.

I bet some people would complain even if they would receive something for free.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,395 posts
7,851 battles
12 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Still leaves premium time or permanently premium ships you might have and are interested in. But yeah, that's not an awfully large selection.

Funny thing is apparently such coupons are flying from the shelf being given away at people ingame (supposedly for getting top XP), but I haven't gotten one (and yeah, I get top XP every once in a while ...).

Not that I'd use it on anything so I don't mind, just am mildy amused by it.

You seem to have to carry ultrahard,

I got one for my mainaccount for a carry of unbelievable noobs on PTS (however that worked) with -20%. That one expired though as I didn't care.

I got another -20% after a spectacular Solo Warrior match (again unbelievable noobs with heavy lifting involved) on live and this time WG got me with that honeysweet text they wrote.

Somtehing like "congratz you won that game and your team couldn't have done it without you. Here have some coupon".

After some days I went and bought Tirpitz (again) and have some Dubloons now to wait for another discount ingame.

Maybe I get De Grasse or Duca or both dunno. :cap_book::cap_money:

Players
1,189 posts
4,658 battles
2 hours ago, rq3dm4 said:

I bought Premium Time with 30% coupon but as an user above suggested if you need doubloons buy the premium ship you own and you will be rewarded with full price in doubloons.

I bet some people would complain even if they would receive something for free.

A discount is far from the same thing as receiving something for free, especially when the product is overpriced ones and zeroes.

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,349 battles

Used my 20% on Lo Yang, since I got that sonar module :cap_haloween:

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,177 posts
8,983 battles

Hi all,

I used my similar discount coupon (from few weeks ago) for buying "Premium Time"... IMHO the best value for money if you can afford it...

Leo "Apollo11"

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,395 posts
7,851 battles
5 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I used my similar discount coupon (from few weeks ago) for buying "Premium Time"... IMHO the best value for money if you can afford it...

Leo "Apollo11"

True, but not that important if you still have 200+ days of premiumtime still ticking down that I bought from my now almost empty stash of WoT gold.

Players
7 posts
321 battles

Got one Too. Would have used  it for an Alabama, but since she is buddled up at the moment and not available otherwise except for  doublons ingame and also no USN  Cruiser is available in store I'm going to let it rot.

Players
885 posts
245 battles

Good thing i give them two middle fingers back and not spend anything.

'here have a 30% cou....'

'SLAP!'

'uh how about no buh bai'

[TRRC]
Players
4 posts
1,068 battles

For some reason I never got one. Would love to get one..sometimes. At least until we reach 2020. 

Players
4,085 posts
6,225 battles
On 19.4.2018 at 9:55 PM, Humorpalanta said:

You can buy anything except everything.

What an honour WG. Thank you. Thank you. So nice. I'll definitely spend my money in the shop. Buying a skin for the price of 3 games on a market starting with S.

That was my laugh for the day - thank YOU! :cap_haloween:

[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,472 battles
15 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

That was my laugh for the day - thank YOU! :cap_haloween:

Just checked out that Boise and Nouve ship bundle. When I saw the price I started laughing so hard I almost peed myself.

4 days of work. 4 fking whole days. For a second I thought: Damn, why not? Then I decided from that money I'll go to watch a movie, eat at a nice restaurant, buy my transport ticket for a month, go out drinking one night, buy 3 cool books, buy a good game AND I would STILL have money left!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this