Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zen71_sniper

Detection in Cyclone

3 comments in this topic

[OCTO]
Players
978 posts
18,682 battles

Hello!

I have a question, I just got destroyed by combined Des Moines and Kurfurst, while in Khaba. What happened is the following, it was cyclone and Des Moines was spotting me (NB - he was NOT using radar), however, I got a lot of secondary hits (judging by frequency) from Kurfurst, yet I think that he was not visible? Couldn't see him on minimap or in game. 

Is it possible that a ship doesn't get detected if it fires secondaries only? If Kurfurst stayed between 8-10 km, and fired only secondaries, he could stay undetected - does it make sense?

Thx!

Players
2,176 posts

I understand your point, but as far as I'm aware secondaries (even manual ones) will only fire on ships you have in visual range. In a cyclone a Kurfurst would certainly have been visible to you if he was in range to physically see you and his secondaries firing.

Maybe if you were right at the edge of his visibility range and kiting away he was just barely spotting you so his secondaries were auto firing. Other than that I can't explain it.

True the Des Moines can see you with his Radar at 8-9.9km, but I don't think that makes you visible to the other ships and you said he wasn't radaring you.

• Cool 1

Players
871 posts
13,978 battles

The Kurfürst could be sailing behind an island and you couldn't see him but your course gave a leading that was unobstructed for the secondaries. Remember that secondaries aim at the leading (i.e., the position you'll be if you keep course in order for them to meet with your hull), not at the ship, just like you have to aim at the expected location of the enemy in order to hit.

Salute.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this