Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Migantium_Mashum

Ripped off buying Doubloons and WG don't give a toss!!!

10 comments in this topic

Players
1,106 posts
8,552 battles

Yesterday on my account I saw an offer for 4,000 Doubloons + a 37% bonus if I paid using a Pay Safe Card. Normally I only pay for things via PayPal.

So I get a card and load it with £25 go to the offer on screen to buy the doubloons and on the payment page I get a crash error return in 20 minutes message. When I return after 20 minutes the offer has vanished and not only for me but for my Brother 18 miles away from me. I asked him to see if the offer showed for him and it didn't even though he had never purchased the offer...

Anyway I want Doubloons so I buy 8,000 and report the issue to WG thinking that they could/would honour the bonus offer.

They tell me that as I have purchased the offer, which I never did because their site crashed, there is nothing they will do as I asked for the 1,500 bonus that I couldn't get as their site went down. I replied that the only purchase was for 8,000 and as I only ever pay via PayPal to buy a Pay Safe card must have meant I was after that specific offer as it was advertised...WG then closed the ticket saying basically tough..

SO great customer services WG and that will be the last coin WG gets from me for they obviously don't give a toss for their player base....

EDIT

Edited by Kampa1987
Exchanges with the Customer Support Services and through private messages should remain private

[CATS]
Players
15,960 posts
11,203 battles

And how were you ripped off?

They never promised you to give you the 1500 extra after your purchase. You just fantasized about that.

Players
1,106 posts
8,552 battles

Okay, I will make it simple. I went to buy 4,000 doubloons with a 37% bonus using the Pay Safe Card method...... Keeping up? When I go to pay for the 4,000 + 37% bonus the WG purchase page crashes and I am asked to return in 20 minutes. Still not purchased Doubloons...still with me? When 20 minutes have lapsed I go back and the offer has gone... still don't have any Doubloons at that point... However, according to WG, and it is in their reply, I purchased 5,500 doubloons... I actually later purchased 8,000 because the offer had gone... So the offer was a fraud because had it been there I would have only purchased 4,000 Doubloons and received a 37% bonus.. The WG payment page crashed and WG insist I made a purchase I did not costing me the bonus.. That is what I call being ripped off.. That should be clear enough now...

Given the dialogue and the screenshot of the purchase I was after between WG and myself it is no fantasy..

Players
584 posts
5,732 battles

So, if I understand this correctly, you're annoyed that WG dicked you out of some free stuff (1,500 doubloons when buying 4,000) and to spite them and show your displeasure, you bought 8,000 doubloons?

• Funny 1

Players
1,106 posts
8,552 battles
29 minutes ago, DB2212 said:

So, if I understand this correctly, you're annoyed that WG dicked you out of some free stuff (1,500 doubloons when buying 4,000) and to spite them and show your displeasure, you bought 8,000 doubloons?

I have never used Pay Safe to pay for anything before but the offer was a good one and I could only put on the Pay safe card £10 or £25 and as the offer was £13.00 I wanted only 5,500 for an elite camo for my Yeuyang and the change would have been spent in full on other goodies... Yes, I purchased 8,000 after but I had thought, wrongly as it turned out, that WG seeing the error was their failure as their checkout crashed upon entering the Pay Safe code they would have given the 1,500 doubloons because their site stopped my original purchase.. I was wrong and WG is not fair so they have lost financially because I will not buy anything again... As a businessman it does not make sense to piss off my customers and it is always beneficial to keep them happy especially if they were at a loss for my error... WG operates on a different level.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
15,960 posts
11,203 battles

If the purchase was stopped, for whatever reason, you did not make a buy. Therefore WG does not owe you anything.

[RBMF]
360 posts
6,514 battles

Wait what?  You thought, because you did NOT get to buy the special offer due to a fault that may have not been their own, that you would be compensated the 1,500 doubloons from the offer? That is what you are saying...? 

Players
584 posts
5,732 battles
1 hour ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

I have never used Pay Safe to pay for anything before but the offer was a good one and I could only put on the Pay safe card £10 or £25 and as the offer was £13.00 I wanted only 5,500 for an elite camo for my Yeuyang and the change would have been spent in full on other goodies... Yes, I purchased 8,000 after but I had thought, wrongly as it turned out, that WG seeing the error was their failure as their checkout crashed upon entering the Pay Safe code they would have given the 1,500 doubloons because their site stopped my original purchase.. I was wrong and WG is not fair so they have lost financially because I will not buy anything again... As a businessman it does not make sense to piss off my customers and it is always beneficial to keep them happy especially if they were at a loss for my error... WG operates on a different level.

I just got the 30% off coupon, couldn't be arsed following it all. Didn't use.

Players
721 posts

To sum it up, you tried to buy the doubloons using the coupon, for some reason that attempt crashed and you bought nothing. (contact your ISP and tell them they made you loose a fantastic deal and you want compensation from them).

Then, WITHOUT a coupon you decided to buy 4000 doubloons TWICE and decided to bother customer support that you wanted the bonus for a deal you didn't had a coupon for and EVEN IF YOU did would only apply to ONE purchase.

giphy.gif

Players
90 posts
3,703 battles

I'm not usually one to chip in on things like this but I believe my two cents should at least be considered.

Now with things like this crashes on websites etc, it's always difficult to pinpoint the problem if it was their end or your end but that doesn't seem to be the thing that has annoyed you. From what I can gather it seems like you want 1500 doubloons because you missed out on an offer? Now think about this as it's the same business principle, you see an advert on TV and it's an online only offer for a phone contract and if you use a paysafe card you get an extra couple of perks, however the website it down either your end or theirs. Now if you emailed them asking for some of the perks but not the full contract they too would most likely firstly laugh and then tell you the same as WG did because no purchase was made and therefore they don't owe you anything at all, even if you were their #1 customer spending millions nothing is owed because no contract was made.

I hope this doesn't come across badly but things happen and sometimes we don't like it but nothing is owed out of the goodness of their hearts because an error occurred. Also I did have a mini-chuckle to myself when the word fraud was used, now let's get this straight they didn't commit fraud of any type, because they didn't do this for unfair or unlawful gain (If anything they lost out on the purchase) and while you are a victim to internet troubles you aren't a victim of being deprived of a legal right to buy game currency.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this