Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shaka_D

About all these premium ships in testing...

28 comments in this topic

[BOTS]
Alpha Tester
2,203 posts
8,644 battles

Where are they? Does anyone have a clue on how many are currently in testing due for release at some point before I die of old age? Is it a conspiracy to keep us hopeful?

Just saying, seems a bit boring around here. Need new stuff.

• Cool 1

Quality Poster
2,952 posts
7,933 battles

Afaik a good bunch of 'em is ready but kept on the bench just to stretch out the release cycle a bit longer. Otherwise they'd release 20 premiums in Q1 and nothing in the remaining year.

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,578 battles

Too much premiums, too much premiums!

They already have stock for 2 years.... thats good now they can focus on game balans komrad!

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,556 posts
4,803 battles

There does seem to be a high ratio of premium ships compared to silver, but they are easier to knock up and balance compared to a complete tree which needs 'flavour' to work.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,564 posts
6,392 battles

Premiums:

Kronshtadt, Stalingrad (is it here yet? or only ST?), Asashio, Monaghan (tested on live ot ST?), Another Z (silence about it for a while, pulled back?), Cossack (haven't seen one in a while, pulled back?), that US / Argentinean CL (is it ST only?), Massachusetts (pretty sure it's only on ST)

Silver ships:

9x US cruisers (5x CL, 4x CA)

So that would be... 2...8 premiums and 9 silver ships, at least if I didn't forget any

[3STG]
Players
322 posts
9,334 battles
1 minute ago, wilkatis_LV said:

at least if I didn't forget any

Italian CL is missing from the list and T-61.

Players
2,361 posts
15,164 battles
1 hour ago, Shaka_D said:

Just saying, seems a bit boring around here. Need new stuff.

I think that's from having 2 BB lines in a row (Pan Asian DD clones don't really count)

We also need new maps, esp from T5-8 and for WG to come up with a PvP game mode that suites clunky ship movement.

• Cool 1

[HMSR]
Players
1,645 posts
5,871 battles

Right now im more awating the line splits over the premiums, that said i will be verry happy when they release the Tone, since ive been looking at that ship for years now lol :Smile_smile:

Players
552 posts
4,472 battles
9 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Premiums:

Kronshtadt, Stalingrad (is it here yet? or only ST?), Asashio, Monaghan (tested on live ot ST?), Another Z (silence about it for a while, pulled back?), Cossack (haven't seen one in a while, pulled back?), that US / Argentinean CL (is it ST only?), Massachusetts (pretty sure it's only on ST)

Silver ships:

So that would be... 2...8 premiums and 9 silver ships, at least if I didn't forget any

You are forgetting the Abruzzi and Salem. EDIT: And t-61

And this is only true if you consider the New Orleans, Pensacola, Baltimore and Cleveland to be new ships which technically, they are not. They're just existing ships that are undergoing a balance pass to be pushed up a tier, and I don't think that balancing of old ships should put them under the category of "new and shiny". Is the Shima or Hipper going to count as new ships becuase they're getting stats changed?

That leaves what, 11 upcoming premiums vs 4 or 5 actual new ships from the USN cruiser split?

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,578 battles

I am not bothered with so much premium ships as i am frustrated with their selling policy...

Lets say that shop offer only small ammount of them, and those I truly want ... i wonder when they will appear again.

Just now, FishDogFoodShack said:

And this is only true if you consider the New Orleans, Pensacola, Baltimore and Cleveland to be new ships which technically, they are not. They're just existing ships that are undergoing a balance pass to be pushed up a tier, and I don't think that balancing of old ships should put them under the category of "new and shiny". Is the Shima or Hipper going to count as new ships becuase they're getting stats changed?

That leaves what, 11 upcoming premiums vs 4 or 5 actual new ships from the USN cruiser split?

Sum1 forgot Graf Zeppelin.

• Cool 1

[3STG]
Players
322 posts
9,334 battles
1 minute ago, Boris_MNE said:

i wonder when they will appear again.

I guess that is their purpose, to let ppl wonder when they could buy something and keep them looking into it.

Players
552 posts
4,472 battles
3 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

I am not bothered with so much premium ships as i am frustrated with their selling policy...

Lets say that shop offer only small ammount of them, and those I truly want ... i wonder when they will appear again.

Assuming they'll ever release it :cap_cool:

[HMSR]
Players
1,645 posts
5,871 battles
3 minutes ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

Assuming they'll ever release it :cap_cool:

Technicaly it's out, just a few months exclusivity period is active :Smile_honoring:

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,564 posts
6,392 battles
46 minutes ago, Paimentaja said:

Italian CL is missing from the list and T-61.

No idea what's the Italian CL, never heard of it

T-61 was announced as cancelled / shelved whenever that S_O Q&A was, like 2-ish months ago?

39 minutes ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

Oh, Abruzzi, right :Smile_teethhappy:

And is Salem even a thing? Haven't heard anything about that ship... pretty much since the end of last year

40 minutes ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

Is the Shima or Hipper going to count as new ships becuase they're getting stats changed?

Shima and Hipper are just getting balance tweaks while US CAs as they are now get removed from the game and re-introduced in different tiers with completely different stats. Pretty big difference there

39 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

GZ is not a test ship, it's finished & released. Just that WG are keeping their word and currently it's available only for those who bought the ship on the 1st (pre-rework) release, while the general public will get their hands on it 3 months later - so expect it to be purchasable at the end of June

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,578 battles
Just now, wilkatis_LV said:

T-61 was announced as cancelled / shelved whenever that S_O Q&A was, like 2-ish months ago?

Duka degli Abruzzi

T61 is still somewhere around... not cancelled as far as I know... just waiting right time..

[HMSR]
Players
1,645 posts
5,871 battles
4 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

Duka degli Abruzzi

T61 is still somewhere around... not cancelled as far as I know... just waiting right time..

The T61 went on pause because it was deemed OP by the yt-ers, and WG dosent want another "you make PTW OP ships shitstorm" though tbh i was really looking forward to getting it... for collection puropses ofcourse :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,578 battles
Just now, Major_Damage225 said:

The T61 went on pause because it was deemed OP by the yt-ers, and WG dosent want another "you make PTW OP ships shitstorm" though tbh i was really looking forward to getting it... for collection puropses ofcourse :Smile_trollface:

stfu liar.

• Funny 1

[BOTS]
Alpha Tester
2,203 posts
8,644 battles

The thing is this: Why do they announce ships for testing? Is this purely to be informative / inclusive or to develop hype or discussion around the idea. It seems there are an awful lot of potential vessels in testing which we never tend to hear any more on. The Tone is just one example. What we need is a single comprehensive list of the ships - maybe with their development status (now that's just me being really picky). Things that have the green light but waiting for release?

Secretly I just want more ships or more variety. Since they removed so many from the in game store and from the web store the selection seems ridiculously boring. They're probably trying to create more demand.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,564 posts
6,392 battles
8 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

This Q&A:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/229312655

At 52:30 :Smile_teethhappy: Ok, not exactly cancelled but postponed for an indefinite time :Smile_trollface:

4 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

Why do they announce ships for testing?

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

That's pretty much the TL;DR version for why

[3STG]
Players
322 posts
9,334 battles
21 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Oh, Abruzzi, right :Smile_teethhappy:

That's the one. :Smile_great:

[NWP]
Players
880 posts
8,142 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Premiums:

Silver ships:

Plus the t9 and t10 of the "dead end" Akizuki line dude.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,564 posts
6,392 battles
14 minutes ago, tank276 said:

Plus the t9 and t10 of the "dead end" Akizuki line dude.

Barely teased, far far away from even getting added to ST, not even talking about live testing :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this