Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
combattank

Mission tier requirements make NO GOD DAMN SENSE!

21 comments in this topic

Players
55 posts
2,522 battles

I can understand that certain missions must be restricted as they would be easier to get done at low tiers, but why is every god damn mission restricted? Gaining credist is much slower for low tiers so why exclude it from this mission???

WOWSM.png.385eece9bbad98e4c1b7b496afa1dea7.png

I see absolutely no reason why such general missions with objectives like get XP/Creds/FXP must be restricted by tiers, when they are much harder to complete with lower tiers. Is this some plot to make ppl with no or low ammount of higer tiered ships buy prem ships? If that is the case then I'm genuinely DISGUSTED!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4

[CATS]
Players
13,676 posts
10,389 battles

They do not want people to farm at lower tiers.

That way they try to keep the number of veterans low on lower Tiers. 

When missions could be done with Tier IV ships, I played a lot more of those. Now I rarely play them.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,451 posts
7,794 battles

They don't want players to sealclub while doing missions. Seems a sensible choice.

Tier V+ still gives a huge ship selection.

Players
55 posts
2,522 battles
11 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

They don't want players to sealclub while doing missions. Seems a sensible choice.

Tier V+ still gives a huge ship selection.

It is still harder to gain XP/Creds/FXP at low tiers, I don't see players that want fastest way to get those to go here.

On missions where objective is destroy X of Y, I can see the point.

Default should be no restriction and only restrict objectives that could cause problem at low tiers.

Players
2,182 posts
13,957 battles
23 minutes ago, combattank said:

Mission tier requirements make NO GOD DAMN SENSE!

Never have... never will.

Players
3,454 posts
7,229 battles

WG want you to play at higher tiers and missions are part of that, if everyone played T1-4 then there's no money for WG and no game for us very soon afterwards.

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles
1 hour ago, combattank said:

[...]I see absolutely no reason[...]

No missions for protected matchmaking tiers, makes sense to me.

• Cool 1

Players
55 posts
2,522 battles
8 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

No missions for protected matchmaking tiers, makes sense to me.

If someone wants to go sealclub low tiers to boost his ego, he will do it mission or not. For everyone else it is faster and easier to use the high tiers anyway if they have them.

I fail to see this as anything else than another underhanded moneygrabbing tactics.

• Cool 1

Players
879 posts
11,126 battles

But if someone only cares about the mission, boy, will the guy go slap some seals with the Nikolai in the first minute he is allowed to! For example, the mission chain is allowed to be completed in coop. Let me tell you how many pvp players flooded the PvE section. A metric ton of them. Now, imagine that they could do it in lower tiers. Alright, I neither can remember the exact mission requirements nor can be arsed to look them up, but let's say, you need 10 ship torpedo hits - that's about one battle in the Storos... Sto... Storos... the T2 russian torpedo boat. Or T3? Whichever.

Tl;dr a significant amount of people will take the easier route in general. And frankly, how much time and effort is needed to grind a T5, if you only do a single line; a week, if you have a life? Two days, if you don't? Not to mention that even a f2p player can upgrade and upkeep a few T5 vehicles in WoT, let alone in WoWs which easily has the more friendly economy. All in all, I would get your argument if WG would give a T3 ship for a fair amount of T10 matches for example.

But this is not the case now. This mission chain is easy and stress-free, and by doing it with a T5-T7, you sure as hell actually gain resources - credits, xp, flags... -, not lose them in the meantime, even if you are a free to play player.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
2 hours ago, combattank said:

I can understand that certain missions must be restricted as they would be easier to get done at low tiers, but why is every god damn mission restricted? Gaining credist is much slower for low tiers so why exclude it from this mission???

WOWSM.png.385eece9bbad98e4c1b7b496afa1dea7.png

I see absolutely no reason why such general missions with objectives like get XP/Creds/FXP must be restricted by tiers, when they are much harder to complete with lower tiers. Is this some plot to make ppl with no or low ammount of higer tiered ships buy prem ships? If that is the case then I'm genuinely DISGUSTED!

Tiers 1-4 are special. Basically, they are considered by WG to be introductory tiers - it's the most obvious when you notice their protected matchmaking (can't see enemies 2 tiers higher). That's why so many missions are restricted to tiers 5+. Basically, WG doesn't want you farming damage/victories/whatever in warship kindergarten. If you like a low tier ship, go ahead and play it, but don't expect to complete missions and campaign tasks like this - all these additional rewards systems are mostly designed in a way specifically meant to discourage experienced players from spending too much time on such low tiers.

And sorry to say this, but if someone suffers from lack of t5+ ships, it means that he's a newbie (or someone who never figured how tier progression works).

• Cool 4

[CATS]
Players
13,676 posts
10,389 battles
5 hours ago, combattank said:

If someone wants to go sealclub low tiers to boost his ego, he will do it mission or not. For everyone else it is faster and easier to use the high tiers anyway if they have them.

I fail to see this as anything else than another underhanded moneygrabbing tactics.

But it has a cost. Go sealclub, but do not expect to advance in missions.

And finishing missions is not about quickness, but finishing at all. If a mission is that easy, it does not matter if you need 20 or 5 battles for it, as you will finish it anyway.

Missouri is my best moneymaker. How often did I use her for th credit mission? Zero. Because I knew that I will finish the mission long before it runs out by playing normaly.

• Cool 3

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles
7 hours ago, combattank said:

1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

But it has a cost. Go sealclub, but do not expect to advance in missions.

Exactly this.

Also, how much money do you need to get/maintain a Tier V ship?

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,376 posts
5,881 battles

As mentioned, we try to avoid the protected MM tiers after some experience in the past. While it is true that for example for credits the progress at lower tiers is slower, some other usual mission criteria would make it way too easy by trolling in lower tier matches. At the same time, we do not want to tier jump up and down over the course of individual tasks, sticking to the same tier limit to all of them.

• Cool 9

[KAKE]
Players
649 posts
2,712 battles

The main problem for me isn't that you can't do the missions/events/whatever with T1-4 ships. But that there's pretty much always some kind of event going on. There's always something that requires you to play with T5+ ships, so I have several lines that are essentially stuck at T3-4 because there's almost never any time with nothing "special" going on in the game so I can sit down and play whatever tier I want without feeling that I'm missing out on something.

Can we have a break from events soon, so I can just sit down with the basic game and get past the St. Louis and the Karlsruhe?

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,556 posts
4,803 battles
20 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

The main problem for me isn't that you can't do the missions/events/whatever with T1-4 ships. But that there's pretty much always some kind of event going on. There's always something that requires you to play with T5+ ships, so I have several lines that are essentially stuck at T3-4 because there's almost never any time with nothing "special" going on in the game so I can sit down and play whatever tier I want without feeling that I'm missing out on something.

Can we have a break from events soon, so I can just sit down with the basic game and get past the St. Louis and the Karlsruhe?

But with almost all of the missions and campaigns, you can do those with your normal silver ships and 'progress' in credits and xp as normal, in addition to completing the missions/campaigns - it is not usual for events to be tied to specific ships similar to the recent French events

[KAKE]
Players
649 posts
2,712 battles
19 minutes ago, philjd said:

But with almost all of the missions and campaigns, you can do those with your normal silver ships and 'progress' in credits and xp as normal, in addition to completing the missions/campaigns - it is not usual for events to be tied to specific ships similar to the recent French events

Erm. What?

I think you need to re-read the post you replied to.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,556 posts
4,803 battles
12 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

Erm. What?

I think you need to re-read the post you replied to.

I did, just how many games does it take to get from T4 to T5 - it's not that many if you focus on that particular ship. I ground out all the available lines up to T6 initially, missing out on missions etc that needed T7+ because I wasn't ready for those tiers, as reflected in my 2 premiums of the time Tirpitz and Atlanta. 

Yup, there may be events around that require you break off your grind to complete them, but, only if you want to do them, no one if forcing you to play ships that you do not want to play. 

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,166 battles
1 hour ago, Uglesett said:

I get this, I've started a new line and playing with some friends that are quite new and going through some T3s and T4s and I do feel slightly like I'm missing mission progress. But, it really doesn't take that long to get to T5 and the missions are usually quite easy to complete, so nothing stopping you doing both. I guess if your play-time is really restricted but then you just have to make a choice. Anyway later you'll be facing a choice of playing T8+ for a campaign or grinding your T6. Or you play your already elite T7 you kept and really like but don't care about the rest of the line, and you feel bad for not progressing something else. There's always a choice to be made, just need to be realistic with what you want from the game.

[TS1]
Players
472 posts
7,165 battles
15 hours ago, AkosJaccik said:

but let's say, you need 10 ship torpedo hits - that's about one battle in the Storos... Sto... Storos... the T2 russian torpedo boat. Or T3? Whichever.

The Storozhevoi has 3x3 torps with 33s reload. The Derpzki has 5x2 torps with 22s reload, so yeah, it's the T3 one you mean, probably. Though both works well enough since at low tiers it's easier to do a suicide run and get a lot of hits.

Back when the common missions allowed tier 4 ships I kept my Svietlana just because it's fairly easy to get a lot of fires with her for those missions. Then I got the Kebab. Of course, in that ship I can probably do suicide runs and get a lot of torp hits as well.

But yeah. While I think it's a good idea to require at least tier 5 ships for most missions I think it'd be nice if there were easy low tier missions as well. They should probably be easy enough to do with higher tier ships without too much effort to minmize players downtiering for the missions. It would probably encourage new players and make them feel more included in the game.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,214 posts
13,980 battles
17 hours ago, combattank said:

It is still harder to gain XP/Creds/FXP at low tiers, I don't see players that want fastest way to get those to go here.

On missions where objective is destroy X of Y, I can see the point.

Default should be no restriction and only restrict objectives that could cause problem at low tiers.

But that mission has 3 stages all at tier 5 (it has to be same tier for all of them)

Fist stage was 10 wins.

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles

Anyone can get a Tier-V relatively easy even with moderate playing. plus most of the recent missions have been possible to do in Co-op as well. Can't be much easier

Sign in to follow this