You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
milospesic11

Shell

32 comments in this topic

Players
18 posts
6,948 battles

The fired shells fall in front and behind the ships or disappear near the ship, if the ship sails right you have to aim to permanently repair, which was not happening before, so now the aim will be little, nothing more difficult than strange. Simple shells do not have a somewhat clear flight, or it is Something else in question

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles

From eight months ago by using a notification that my torpedoes being able or willing and ready. And this up for the comfort zone the guns being average price of thumb and index is draining.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 11

Players
877 posts
11,126 battles

There are nights here at the forums when you almost feel like popping a beer just to crown the entertainment.

• Funny 3

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

You shouldn't be doing that before creating a topic if you want someone to understand it.

• Funny 1

Players
958 posts
4,856 battles
8 minutes ago, AkosJaccik said:

There are nights here at the forums when you almost feel like popping a beer just to crown the entertainment.

Sorry, but this onslaught on the English language will require way larger calibres than beer.

Sincerely Yours, 

A person with a linguistic and a background in 4 foreign languages with a degree in English. 

• Funny 1

[SM0KE]
Players
1,519 posts
4,967 battles

Is this some sort of attempt at Haiku, with an over-enthusiasm for syllables...? 

• Funny 1

[TENGO]
Players
1,451 posts
8,106 battles
13 minutes ago, milospesic11 said:

The fired shells fall in front

and behind the ships

or disappear near the ship

if the ship sails right

you have to aim to permanently repair

which was not happening before

so now the aim will be little nothing

more difficult than strange.

Simple shells do not have a somewhat clear flight,

or it is

Something else in question

There, just some formatting fixed it.

Beautiful, just beautiful.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 9
  • Bad 1

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles
24 minutes ago, PzychoPanzer said:
39 minutes ago, milospesic11 said:

The fired shells fall in front

and behind the ships

or disappear near the ship

if the ship sails right

you have to aim to permanently repair

which was not happening before

so now the aim will be little nothing

more difficult than strange.

Simple shells do not have a somewhat clear flight,

or it is

Something else in question

The key to understanding this poem, to my mind, is actually a single, tiny, word. It begins line eleven. That's right: "question".

With this sudden shift, I find myself with a clear picture of the poet with his notebook open. Milospesic11 is an extremely experienced, well-published, and frequently-awarded artist; she knows how to generate a poem. He knows, for example, the time-tested dependability of the "behind the ships...near the ship...the ship sails right" framework as a way to initiate material. He knows the value of the specific and exotic and so gives us the names of drugs. We witness her following out avenues of ideas as he milks the possibilities of diction within the theater/cinema family.

The same generative quality occurs in the occasional examples of strained syntax ("the aim will be little nothing", or the full sentence about the clear flight). Likewise for the multiple occurrences of consonance as words suggest other words to him. ("you have to aim to permanently repair" is the most extensive example of this.) His considerable experience tells him not to overdirect, but to let the ideas come. And come and come. There is no shortage of ideas in this piece; the poet has a kit of tools and knows how to call upon them.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[SM0KE]
Players
1,519 posts
4,967 battles

This, right here, illustrates the key advantage of of WOWS, versus WOT: the more academic mind can contemplate more rarefied, cerebral, and artistic matters, during the time it takes to turn a larger ship.

You don't get this sort of high-brow stuff on WOT...!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
136 posts
3,209 battles
55 minutes ago, milospesic11 said:

if the ship sails right you have to aim to permanently repair

Just a WG attempt at introducing a healer class is not working very well. We should get a fix in a couple of days.

Cheers.

[TTT]
Players
3,539 posts
7,443 battles

I have to admit, compared to his last half dozen threads this actually has something positive about it, even if it's only unintentional poetry... I mean, do take a look at his posting history on these forums. there's some entertainment to be had there... :Smile_teethhappy:

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
6,733 battles

Poetry in WoWS forums? Shall we then make our own little  Literature Club :Smile_trollface:

Spoiler

bb3.jpg_large

Sometimes threads here are just pure art :Smile_veryhappy:

[SCRUB]
Players
2,585 posts
7,055 battles

Im not good at poems.

Can some1 translate the OPs post so that a simple guy (me) can understand it?

Players
958 posts
4,856 battles
16 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Im not good at poems.

Actually no. You see, much like a progressive style of music,  OP's poetry doesn't adhere to conventions. It radically denies classical interpretation due to its avantgardesque nature. Either you grasp its intend or you don't, it is a masterpiece of such fundamental intuitive empathy that it is nigh impossible to explain. 

(And dear mods, for what it's worth this thread will still teach younger players the importance of culture and literature, so it doesn't warrant closing yet ;)).

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[ANV]
[ANV]
Players
155 posts

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea

[DONGS]
Players
383 posts
8,127 battles
38 minutes ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

Actually no. You see, much like a progressive style of music,  OP's poetry doesn't adhere to conventions. It radically denies classical interpretation due to its avantgardesque nature. Either you grasp its intend or you don't, it is a masterpiece of such fundamental intuitive empathy that it is nigh impossible to explain. 

(And dear mods, for what it's worth this thread will still teach younger players the importance of culture and literature, so it doesn't warrant closing yet ;)).

FixedPessimisticCrow-size_restricted.gif

• Cool 1

Players
112 posts
1,238 battles
12 hours ago, milospesic11 said:

The fired shells fall in front and behind the ships or disappear near the ship, if the ship sails right you have to aim to permanently repair, which was not happening before, so now the aim will be little, nothing more difficult than strange. Simple shells do not have a somewhat clear flight, or it is Something else in question

You are not making any sense dude, sorry.

1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

Im not good at poems.

Tried, not even Google translate could help me :cap_old:

• Bad 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,222 posts
7,060 battles
12 hours ago, PzychoPanzer said:

You forgot the most important part!

The Threadtitle as header.

"Shell"

A simple word yet it has so much meaning next to this inspriring poet.

7 hours ago, WolfGewehr said:

Poetry in WoWS forums? Shall we then make our own little  Literature Club :Smile_trollface:

Reveal hidden contents

bb3.jpg_large

Sometimes threads here are just pure art :Smile_veryhappy:

Oh noes not that game! :Smile_hiding:

It still hurts what they did to me. Reading my beloved Visual novels will never be the same again. :Smile_sad:

• Boring 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,585 posts
7,055 battles

Roses are red,

violets are blue,

I dont understand this,

so all I can say is -  OP - scrw you.

• Boring 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,292 posts
13,551 battles
17 hours ago, SeeteufeI said:

The key to understanding this poem, to my mind, is ...

STOP RIGHT THERE ... I know this one - It is more VODKA! (the universal interpreter):cap_tea:

vodka.jpg.def51ade93586165790bd923861add9d.jpg

I'll hafta wait until Friday before I can tackle this one...:cap_hmm:

17 hours ago, milospesic11 said:

Hiyah Lad!:Smile_Default:Sorry for the kidding earlier on BUT sadly, I must admit that I really have no idea what you are trying to say here. However, I am assuming it has something to do with aiming and hitting targets, so here's my effort to be of some actual assistance to you:

There are plenty more useful aiming tips in Youtube, just look them up and I trust they will be able to help you out. :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,570 posts
8,683 battles
13 hours ago, SeeteufeI said:

The key to understanding this poem, to my mind, is actually a single, tiny, word. It begins line eleven. That's right: "question".

With this sudden shift, I find myself with a clear picture of the poet with his notebook open. Milospesic11 is an extremely experienced, well-published, and frequently-awarded artist; she knows how to generate a poem. He knows, for example, the time-tested dependability of the "behind the ships...near the ship...the ship sails right" framework as a way to initiate material. He knows the value of the specific and exotic and so gives us the names of drugs. We witness her following out avenues of ideas as he milks the possibilities of diction within the theater/cinema family.

The same generative quality occurs in the occasional examples of strained syntax ("the aim will be little nothing", or the full sentence about the clear flight). Likewise for the multiple occurrences of consonance as words suggest other words to him. ("you have to aim to permanently repair" is the most extensive example of this.) His considerable experience tells him not to overdirect, but to let the ideas come. And come and come. There is no shortage of ideas in this piece; the poet has a kit of tools and knows how to call upon them.

It is a really beautiful piece of poetry. But I personally like more simple form and straightforward honest lines.

Like this other classic author Baldrick and my most popular poem - German guns.

• Cool 2

[WCWVE]
Players
664 posts
10,829 battles

Did the OP consume too much juice of the grape before posting  this thread as it makes absolutely no sense what so ever `