MrConway

Clan Battles - Skill- and Modification Discount

43 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,863 posts
2,148 battles

Captains,

I am happy to announce that following the end of the current clan battles season, all players who played at least one clan battle in the last season, will be able to benefit from free captain skill-resets and modification dismounting.

These special discounts will be available from 26-04-2018, 05:00 UTC until 04-05-2018, 05:00 UTC.

Action Stations!

• Cool 10

[SCRUB]
Players
6,903 posts
9,129 battles

Neat.

This should become standard, at least for as long as clan battles work with considerably different captain and ship builds (due to the lack of CVs involved among other reasons).

• Cool 6

[DNC]
Players
144 posts

Great, only those who played tier 10? And those scrubs, who cant play clan battles because the rest has no tier 10s? Does the controverse story from the Christmas convoy 2016 start again?

Vor 6 Stunden, MrConway sagte:

Captains,

I am happy to announce that following the end of the current clan battles season, all players who played at least one clan battle in the last season, will be able to benefit from free captain skill-resets and modification dismounting.

These special discounts will be available from 26-04-2018, 05:00 UTC until 04-05-2018, 05:00 UTC.

Action Stations!

@MrConway

• Bad 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,529 posts
6,365 battles
19 minutes ago, Hey_Your_Dead said:

Great, only those who played tier 10? And those scrubs, who cant play clan battles because the rest has no tier 10s? Does the controverse story from the Christmas convoy 2016 start again?

@MrConway

This is a skill reset for those who played CB because of how different skills & modules are used there compared to other gamemodes as CB has no CVs. You didn't play it = you don't need to change your ships back = you don't need the respecing

• Cool 3

[VRO]
Players
28 posts
4,635 battles
11 hours ago, Hey_Your_Dead said:

@MrConway

You get free t10 ships for CB if you have played at least one battle in t8 ship . 

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,863 posts
2,148 battles
On 4/17/2018 at 11:02 PM, Hey_Your_Dead said:

@MrConway

The whole idea of this reset is to let everyone specialize their ships for clan battles and then re-specialize for random/ranked following the season. 

So if you did not participate in clan battles, you did not have to respec your ships for it and as such cannot benefit from the discount.

I am sure you can find a clan that will let you join them for a few games for next season if you really want the discount.

• Cool 6

[DNC]
Players
144 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, MrConway sagte:

The whole idea of this reset is to let everyone specialize their ships for clan battles and then re-specialize for random/ranked following the season. 

So if you did not participate in clan battles, you did not have to respec your ships for it and as such cannot benefit from the discount.

I am sure you can find a clan that will let you join them for a few games for next season if you really want the discount.

The only bad thing is, DNC has only 3 Players inc me, who could take part in clan battles.

[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,582 posts
8,710 battles
30 minutes ago, Hey_Your_Dead said:

The only bad thing is, DNC has only 3 Players inc me, who could take part in clan battles.

But it is problem of your clan, not a WG or others CB players.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,529 posts
6,365 battles
32 minutes ago, Hey_Your_Dead said:

To be honest that's your clans problem. You can advertise in the clans section on forums, some people are annoying enough to take their advertisements to in-battle, or you can just join / merge with some other clan to have bigger numbers and thus more willing players.

[BGNAV]
Players
741 posts
13,827 battles
16 hours ago, Hey_Your_Dead said:

than recruit or dismiss  and go in CB capable clans

if i may quote C-3PO "sometimes i really cant understand humans behavior"  Star Wars: Rebellion 1998

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,863 posts
2,148 battles
On 4/19/2018 at 1:32 PM, Hey_Your_Dead said:

Two options: Find a new clan, or recruit more players :)

You might find a clan you can join for the season and then head back to your old clan afterwards.

• Cool 1

[-KM-]
[-KM-]
Players
348 posts
8,675 battles
On 19.4.2018 at 12:20 PM, MrConway said:

Hello,

i have used the time in the beginning of the Clan Battles Season to retrain my commanders for my Tier 10 ships, because i planned to participate in the clan battles. Due to illness and personal life i couldnt play at the specific time regularly, so i didnt play at all. It would be really nice, if i could retrain my commanders back. Perhaps you could make the retraining just for the tier 10 ships? That would be fair.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,529 posts
6,365 battles
37 minutes ago, blindhai said:

Hello,

i have used the time in the beginning of the Clan Battles Season to retrain my commanders for my Tier 10 ships, because i planned to participate in the clan battles. Due to illness and personal life i couldnt play at the specific time regularly, so i didnt play at all. It would be really nice, if i could retrain my commanders back. Perhaps you could make the retraining just for the tier 10 ships? That would be fair.

Did you play at least one game in CB? If you did you should get that retraining

[-KM-]
[-KM-]
Players
348 posts
8,675 battles
4 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Did you play at least one game in CB? If you did you should get that retraining

Well, no, that is my point. I have found a clan and the plan was to participate, but after i have retrained my commanders it became clear, that i couldnt play after all. So i didnt, because if i would play in clan battles i wanted to be a reliable mate. So i could not play a clan battle, but i still have my retrained tier 10 ships (trained for cb).

[SCRUB]
Players
6,903 posts
9,129 battles
50 minutes ago, blindhai said:

Well, no, that is my point. I have found a clan and the plan was to participate, but after i have retrained my commanders it became clear, that i couldnt play after all. So i didnt, because if i would play in clan battles i wanted to be a reliable mate. So i could not play a clan battle, but i still have my retrained tier 10 ships (trained for cb).

In that case you're probably out of luck.

[-KM-]
[-KM-]
Players
348 posts
8,675 battles
2 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

In that case you're probably out of luck.

Well, that is the reason, why i am posting here. The reskilling before the season was for everyone. Just to let WG know, that there are exceptions to their logic. :)

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,529 posts
6,365 battles
25 minutes ago, blindhai said:

The reskilling before the season was for everyone.

If I remember correctly that was just because of a bug. Originally you had to play a battle of CB to get that respecing, but due to a bug that when you logged out you lost the ability it was just given to everyone

[-KM-]
[-KM-]
Players
348 posts
8,675 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

If I remember correctly that was just because of a bug. Originally you had to play a battle of CB to get that respecing, but due to a bug that when you logged out you lost the ability it was just given to everyone

I dont remember any bug and neither do the patchnotes: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/update_071/#clanb 

Last season it was free for all as well: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/clan-you-feel-the-love-tonight/

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,529 posts
6,365 battles
10 minutes ago, blindhai said:

I dont remember any bug and neither do the patchnotes: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/update_071/#clanb 

Last season it was free for all as well: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/clan-you-feel-the-love-tonight/

1st season was for free, start of 2nd season you had to play 1 CB to unlock it. Quickly it was discovered that when you log out your respec is taken away, so they just gave it away to everyone again

Don't even doubt that the patch notes were adjusted accordingly

Also googled it, 1st link went to reddit and it was right there:

sYcGhAS.png

• Cool 1

[-KM-]
[-KM-]
Players
348 posts
8,675 battles

I think the communication was flaud here, because i didnt hear of it at any time even though i read the forum regularly. I have made my point and perhaps there will be others who wonder why they could reskill at the beginning of the season but not at the end. Until then i rest my case and hope WG will rethink that, so no one gets punished, because there was a miscommunication at the beginning of the season.

• Cool 1

[CHN-P]
[CHN-P]
Players
5 posts
6,164 battles

I played Clan battles in the last season, but just now it still shows that I need doubloons to retrain my captain... Maybe any problem with my account?

[OMNI]
[OMNI]
Alpha Tester
36 posts
5,541 battles

Seconded, no discount on my account either.

Working as intended tovarišč

[BOATY]
[BOATY]
Players
19 posts
3,565 battles

I have the same problem as @len5256

Is there a need to contact customer support or is this being looked into already?