You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
freddiebox

My few cents on World of Warships - New player constructive criticism

78 comments in this topic

Players
11 posts
332 battles

As a disclaimer, I want to point out that I'm a veteran when it comes to Wargaming after playing all their titles for an extensive amount of time. And do take this as constructive criticism from a fresh perspective. I'm well familiar with the toxic Wargaming community and such comments will be ignored and reported accordingly.

I moved to World of Warships a few weeks ago after squeezing everything I could from World of Tanks. Let's say that I caught a lot of Wargaming's attitude when it comes to implementing certain classes and features often perceived as punishing and borderline destructive for casual players trying to learn the ropes. In World of Tanks the issue is "clickers", or as Wargaming call them artillery players. The term clicker comes from the only requirement put on artillery players, aim and click. In World of Warships they implemented a similar feature making both veterans and new players rip their hair out to the roots. Facing this have led to more than one broken keyboard, not literally mind you. The primary issue is torpedoes. What a surprise, right? I don't have anything against the idea of torpedoes per se as they did utilize them to an effective level in the war. But at the quantity players use torpedoes in World of Warships? And the fast reload for torpedoes make a bad situation worse, especially at low to mid tier. A division of destroyers, or cruisers can literally blind fire volleys of torpedoes to the center of the map and get ridiculous results. They then wait a couple of seconds or minutes and repeat the same process before the slow moving battleships have a chance to react. 

Team killing is also a major issue when talking torpedoes. Players blind firing torpedoes don't consider the consequences this could have on their team. In more or less every battle there is this odd destroyer firing torpedoes in all directions hoping to score early damage but end up sinking a friendly cruiser. The torpedo system is just dysfunctional in so many ways we can't even begin to go in depth on it. I find it amusing how destroyer players tell battleship players to zigzag to avoid torpedoes. I agree to some extent, but how are you supposed to effectively zigzag in a battleship with as slow and clunky maneuverability as a Maus in World of Tanks? Again the same situation when two artillery players have a slow moving heavy tank zeroed in. When you see a pack of 19 torpedoes heading your way in a battleship all you can do it let go of your mouse and keyboard and watch disaster erupt with no chance of avoiding it. The only tactic I developed is when I spot a destroyer is just going straight at it minimizing the damage. But in most cases one torpedo is enough to severely cripple you. Navies today at least have the fair chance of retreating back to port after a torpedo hit if possible. We don't get that luxury. I also find it hilarious how Wargaming programmed the bots in the cooperative gamemode to also spam torpedoes just like a oblivious destroyer player. The bots are so realistic to the player counterpart they even from time to time fire torpedoes at their own team because why not.

And when I thought it couldn't get any worse I almost forgot about torpedo planes. A squadron of planes show up from nowhere and drop a load of torpedoes only a few meters from your ship. Now how are you supposed to avoid them? There is no effective way to try and predict where they will go considering their very sudden and fast change of direction. For example I see planes heading for a cruiser way ahead of me, suddenly they ignore said target and make a 90 degrees turn and line up against my broadside and drop their payload just meters away from me. What is it with Wargaming and adding these bizarre elements? 

I have played destroyers in World of Warships too, and I admit the class is extremely fun to play because you are guaranteed a few kills before someone start to tunnelvision you. But to me the problem is the reload time, and the vast number of torpedoes somecruisers and destroyers can fire in one salvo. All I do is fire my torpedoes, zigzag around like a headless chicken dodging shots, and I fire another salvo, and I repeat this process which is just way too easy to me extremely unfair. My time playing through tier one to tier five I usually call the game World of Torpedoes, an accurate name to the current situation. I honestly expected a warship game, and what I got is a game that could work as a submarine versus aircraft carrier game. Very little emphasis on enjoyable and intense ship versus ship, but instead you spend most of the time dodging torpedoes coming out of nowhere before you get a chance to engage an enemy ship.

Now don't get me wrong, World of Warships is a good and very detailed naval warfare game, but unfortunately I find Battlestations a better alternative. While they did a perfect job in modelling each warship to every single rivet, they got their priorities somewhere else at the moment.

I could go on about the bizarre matchmaker, but I find it bearable compared to the issue in question.

My few cents on World of Warships and why I'm on the fence whether i should push past the pain or find something else to dedicate my time to. War Thunder: Naval looks like an interesting choice if they can ever get it done.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 3

[XODUS]
Beta Tester, Players
365 posts

Yeh, you nailed the problem with CVs - especially if your own CV doesn't provide cover.

DD's are a lot harder to play as you progress in tiers.

[CATS]
Players
13,649 posts
10,385 battles

@Torpedos

I tell you a secret. My Battleships get rarely hit by torpedos. You have to use WASD before you spot them. Use your own Destroyer for spotting. Shoot enemy Destroyer that are spotted.

@Torpedo Planes

You can spot them from 9 to 10km. Start evading then. If you wait for the drop, you waited too long.

Another secret: Cruisers can help you with AA defense. learn which ships are strong with AA.

• Cool 5

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,335 posts
12,570 battles

Seems like your issue is knowledge when it comes to DDs. Or lack of. "blind fire volleys of torpedoes to the center of the map and get ridiculous results".

That is just simply not possible at the tiers you have played. 

Seems like you think torps are OP.

Go play DD's for a while and come back later. Also when you get past the low tiers, players start using W, A, S, D and that makes hitting torps very hard.  

• Cool 1

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,056 battles

If only you spend 3 hours typing this post to actually LTP you world see DDs are class with LOWEST dmg in game. Zig zaging spoted can work on t2 and if you die from cruisers torpedo go back to LTP section

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles

WOW have a very steep learning curve, Much of the stuff you describe will be much easier to handle with experience gathered along more and more battles you play.

• Cool 3

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,703 posts
13,142 battles

If you sail in a straight line for long periods of time you deserve to get killed by torpedoes.

Also planes are spotted from 8km away. It is literally impossible for them to surprise you. You can also deny their strike 100% by seeking friendly AA cover. Or just playing an AA ship yourself.

Literally everything about your post screams that you're inexperienced, but instead of putting effort into gitting gud you come here and whine.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SM0KE]
Players
1,556 posts
5,035 battles

As another veteran of WOT, I would mention that the skill-set in one doesn't transfer that well to the other.

Some stuff does, like understanding angling, and some aspects of shooting (trying to zap a DD at range is rather like trying to snipe a Light on the far side of the map with a KV2), and basic principles like don't buy premium consumables with 'gold' (doubloons), angling, and don't rush up the tiers or buy premium tanks (ships) that are too high tier for your expertise. Much, however, doesn't - so, we WOT players are back to square one in many respects.

Torpedoes can take a while to get your head round, both to use, and to evade - there isn't a direct analogue in WOT.

I would suggest finding some friends you can play with, and who will teach you the basics; read the wiki (http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships - it's a lot like the WOT equivalent); ask questions on here, although suggest keeping them short and to the point - a lot of people will ignore walls of text.

It's a bit of a bugger to go from being a fully functioning WOT player, to being a complete newbie on here; WOWS is pretty good though, but the initial learning curve (even after WOT) is still steep. On the bright side, when you venture into randoms (which you should at lower tiers - much better rewards), having played WOT, you'll have a significant advantage over many real people (for a start, you'll know what the mini map is!). Stick with it though - like WOT, it takes a lot of games, to start to 'get' WOWS...

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
3,671 posts
12,847 battles
34 minutes ago, freddiebox said:

I caught a lot of Wargaming's attitude when it comes to implementing certain classes and features often perceived as punishing and borderline destructive for casual players trying to learn the ropes. In World of Tanks the issue is "clickers", or as Wargaming call them artillery players. The term clicker comes from the only requirement put on artillery players, aim and click.

Stopped reading right there.

• Cool 3

Players
2,181 posts
13,947 battles
38 minutes ago, freddiebox said:

...And do take this as constructive criticism from a fresh perspective...

You do understand, your perspective is from inexperience.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,446 posts
7,788 battles

Not especially constructive criticism in my opinion.

Just a subjective rant from someone with 150 battles about a core mechanic of the game which no one with any kind of experience has a problem with.

Implying that there is any similarity to WoT artillery just torpedoes any argument you're trying to make.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,578 battles

Constructive feedback - return to world of tanks.

I kinda wanted to elaborate dozen on your statements but its just not worth.

Cheers.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
100 posts
9 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

Constructive feedback - return to world of tanks.

I kinda wanted to elaborate dozen on your statements but its just not worth.

Cheers.

Oh, Boris, turn that frown up-side-down.

Ps. 100 Baby!!!

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,578 battles
Just now, justadude0815 said:

Oh, Boris, turn that frown up-side-down.

Ps. 100 Baby!!!

Seriously?

On statements like team killing is serious problem in game?

Sure bro if you are person who is killing  teammates in every game. So far, I have more than 12k battles on WOWS and to be honest i have seen in less than 500 some team killing... and you want me to elaborate on that crap?

Or torp planes....there is no answer on them............. LUL , just lul :D ... or they are invisible just show up... lmao xD no comment.

Playerbase level pro, bots do more objectives... I wonder actually if bots have higher average damage than tier X potatoes.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,967 posts
5,449 battles

@freddiebox Looks like this game is not for you.

[RNG4]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
1 hour ago, freddiebox said:

I moved to World of Warships a few weeks ago after squeezing everything I could from World of Tanks. Let's say that I caught a lot of Wargaming's attitude when it comes to implementing certain classes and features often perceived as punishing and borderline destructive for casual players trying to learn the ropes. In World of Tanks the issue is "clickers", or as Wargaming call them artillery players. The term clicker comes from the only requirement put on artillery players, aim and click. In World of Warships they implemented a similar feature making both veterans and new players rip their hair out to the roots. Facing this have led to more than one broken keyboard, not literally mind you. The primary issue is torpedoes. What a surprise, right? I don't have anything against the idea of torpedoes per se as they did utilize them to an effective level in the war. But at the quantity players use torpedoes in World of Warships? And the fast reload for torpedoes make a bad situation worse, especially at low to mid tier. A division of destroyers, or cruisers can literally blind fire volleys of torpedoes to the center of the map and get ridiculous results. They then wait a couple of seconds or minutes and repeat the same process before the slow moving battleships have a chance to react. 

And a division of BBs can fire volley after volley at CAs and DDs and - so RNG wants it - dev strike them without them being able to do anything. So, what is the difference?

If you have an outstanding problem with torpedoes, the cause might be you. Experienced players (or those with more than half a brain) anticipate and learn the possible positions of enemy DDs and act accordingly, i.e. turn towards them/the direction of incoming torpedoes, don't go at the same speed for too long, use A and D from time to time, etc.

Team killing is also a major issue when talking torpedoes. Players blind firing torpedoes don't consider the consequences this could have on their team. In more or less every battle there is this odd destroyer firing torpedoes in all directions hoping to score early damage but end up sinking a friendly cruiser. The torpedo system is just dysfunctional in so many ways we can't even begin to go in depth on it. I find it amusing how destroyer players tell battleship players to zigzag to avoid torpedoes. I agree to some extent, but how are you supposed to effectively zigzag in a battleship with as slow and clunky maneuverability as a Maus in World of Tanks? Again the same situation when two artillery players have a slow moving heavy tank zeroed in. When you see a pack of 19 torpedoes heading your way in a battleship all you can do it let go of your mouse and keyboard and watch disaster erupt with no chance of avoiding it. The only tactic I developed is when I spot a destroyer is just going straight at it minimizing the damage. But in most cases one torpedo is enough to severely cripple you. Navies today at least have the fair chance of retreating back to port after a torpedo hit if possible. We don't get that luxury. I also find it hilarious how Wargaming programmed the bots in the cooperative gamemode to also spam torpedoes just like a oblivious destroyer player. The bots are so realistic to the player counterpart they even from time to time fire torpedoes at their own team because why not.

Yes, unpredictable movement is the best defence against torpedoes. The next best thing probably is to minimize the damage by taking as little torpedoes as possible and to take them with the the thickest armour/torpedoe belt which further reduces the damage. One torpedoe (alone) is not enough to "cripple" a BB. And I am not even a DD captain telling you this. Actually, I played more games in BBs than DDs.

And when I thought it couldn't get any worse I almost forgot about torpedo planes. A squadron of planes show up from nowhere and drop a load of torpedoes only a few meters from your ship. Now how are you supposed to avoid them? There is no effective way to try and predict where they will go considering their very sudden and fast change of direction. For example I see planes heading for a cruiser way ahead of me, suddenly they ignore said target and make a 90 degrees turn and line up against my broadside and drop their payload just meters away from me. What is it with Wargaming and adding these bizarre elements? 

A good CV player (and even the automatic-attack-only player) will always target the broadside of a ship to maximize their damage. As others said, you see them way before they can drop their load. If you can't shoot them all down, try to evade in time to either screw up the drop or hold them in your (and allied) AA range as long as possible so the squadrons lose as many planes as possible before they drop. A lot of BBs have - if skilled the right way - very good AA, considering that this should be a CA's job and CVs kind of should balance BBs.

I have played destroyers in World of Warships too, and I admit the class is extremely fun to play because you are guaranteed a few kills before someone start to tunnelvision you. But to me the problem is the reload time, and the vast number of torpedoes somecruisers and destroyers can fire in one salvo. All I do is fire my torpedoes, zigzag around like a headless chicken dodging shots, and I fire another salvo, and I repeat this process which is just way too easy to me extremely unfair. My time playing through tier one to tier five I usually call the game World of Torpedoes, an accurate name to the current situation. I honestly expected a warship game, and what I got is a game that could work as a submarine versus aircraft carrier game. Very little emphasis on enjoyable and intense ship versus ship, but instead you spend most of the time dodging torpedoes coming out of nowhere before you get a chance to engage an enemy ship.

So you have played 15 Co-op battles in IJN destroyers which heavily rely on their torpedoes and then you wonder why the torpedoes are so good? Fun fact: This changes if you go up the tiers or switch to other DD trees. If you want to have a more aggressive DD line, try USN, KM or SU DDs.

Now don't get me wrong, World of Warships is a good and very detailed naval warfare game, but unfortunately I find Battlestations a better alternative. While they did a perfect job in modelling each warship to every single rivet, they got their priorities somewhere else at the moment.

I could go on about the bizarre matchmaker, but I find it bearable compared to the issue in question.

What is bizzare about the MM? Overall it is similar to the one in WoT.

My few cents on World of Warships and why I'm on the fence whether i should push past the pain or find something else to dedicate my time to. War Thunder: Naval looks like an interesting choice if they can ever get it done.

Yeah, if you like patrol boats and maybe DDs, WT will be the way to go... somewhen... if they ever finish it... in the distant future.

To summarize your post: You came here from WoT with the expectation to have a good understanding of the game (because you have played all the other WG titles) and then you find out that you have to start (mostly) from scratch. And after 150 Co-op battles (you didn't even play random battles) and tier 4 as your highest tier, you want to "offer" constructive criticism? That's like me going to WoW, play an hour or two and tell them how they have to balance their classes while all I have done so far is running in circles and looking at my character. This just doesn't work. Go and play random battles, play higher tiers to get a feeling for the game and play different nations and ship lines. Even from WoT you should know that different tiers can provide different gaming experiences. And maybe then, when you have ten times the battle count in random battles, you can try coming back and offer suggestions how this game can be improved. Even though 1500 battles might still not be enough.

Btw:

As a disclaimer, I want to point out that I'm a veteran when it comes to Wargaming after playing all their titles for an extensive amount of time. And do take this as constructive criticism from a fresh perspective. I'm well familiar with the toxic Wargaming community and such comments will be ignored and reported accordingly.

I moved to World of Warships a few weeks ago after squeezing everything I could from World of Tanks. Let's say that I caught a lot of Wargaming's attitude when it comes to implementing certain classes and features often perceived as punishing and borderline destructive for casual players trying to learn the ropes. In World of Tanks the issue is "clickers", or as Wargaming call them artillery players. The term clicker comes from the only requirement put on artillery players, aim and click.

Are you going to report your post yourself or shall someone else do it for you? Hypocrisy much? :Smile_smile:

• Funny 2

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,566 posts
9,106 battles

OP plays literally only coop.

The "launching torpedoes at the center and getting results" is due 100% to the bots rushing forward mindlessly.

• Funny 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,578 battles

I just saw he mentioned clickers...

Dude, I get rage attack when I see WOT scrubs mentioning clickers and comparing them to our lovely game.
Seriously, go back on WOT  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
EVEN BOTS IN CO OP want you to return to WOT trust me :(

• Funny 1

Players
117 posts
1,241 battles
2 hours ago, freddiebox said:

Dude, planes just dont show up out of thin air. You see them miles away. Only a n00b would not pay attention to either the map, which also by the way happens to show spotted planes, or just the very fact you can the in the air.

And the fact you are not reacting is the very reason you got torped. Every time I play carrier and drop his torps on dudes like you, which very often also sails alone because of mysterious reasons - But you are a very beefy target and its easy to spot good BB players, they react very quickly on my approach and strangely enough, never sails in straight line all the time nor is alone / unprotected.

Just go back to WOT if you dont bother to distance the different mechanics between those two games.

42 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

To summarize your post: You came here from WoT with the expectation to have a good understanding of the game (because you have played all the other WG titles) and then you find out that you have to start (mostly) from scratch. And after 150 Co-op battles (you didn't even play random battles) and tier 4 as your highest tier, you want to "offer" constructive criticism? That's like me going to WoW, play an hour or two and tell them how they have to balance their classes while all I have done so far is running in circles and looking at my character. This just doesn't work. Go and play random battles, play higher tiers to get a feeling for the game and play different nations and ship lines

“Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play.” - Immanuel Kant

And freddiebox has neither. No real experience and his theories are based on an entirely game mechanics, thus the so called critique 

Well off you go then

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,558 posts
6,385 battles

2 things in before:

Just because you have 5000 hours played in The Sims doesn't mean you are an expert on Medal of Honor despite them both being published by EA

Same goes for WoT and WoWS being published by WG - while there are similarities these are 2 different games.

You are a new player - 150 games total, 100% of those in played in Co-Op vs bots, with your highest tier being the barely touched tier 4. You are new and clueless, accept it and drop that "I already know everything" act

The primary issue is torpedoes.

Literally WASD.

I find it sort of funny how you complain about ARTY having to only click without ever touching their keyboard and then immediately complain about being wrecked by a weapon which you counter by using your keyboard You are literally complaining about others doing EXACTLY what you are doing

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

I play mostly BBs, that's well over half of my games. Torpedoes? Casual annoyance, but far from being an issue.

I find it amusing how destroyer players tell battleship players to zigzag to avoid torpedoes. I agree to some extent, but how are you supposed to effectively zigzag in a battleship with as slow and clunky maneuverability as a Maus in World of Tanks?

How? Actually it's pretty simple - you use A and D keys (Q and E work aswell) to turn your ship left and right, and every now and then throw in a good old W or S for a speed change. Really not that complicated.

When you see a pack of 19 torpedoes heading your way in a battleship all you can do it let go of your mouse and keyboard and watch disaster erupt with no chance of avoiding it.

Or alternatively you could turn into them, maybe take one (on the torpedo protection for lower dmg or on your bow for more healable dmg) and dodge the rest of them

The bots are so realistic to the player counterpart they even from time to time fire torpedoes at their own team because why not.

I remember reading that bots were learning their behavior from players. Doubt it as I haven't seen a bot BB immediately set sail for the map edge / corner behind his spawn :Smile_trollface:

And when I thought it couldn't get any worse I almost forgot about torpedo planes. A squadron of planes show up from nowhere and drop a load of torpedoes only a few meters from your ship.

You see aircraft from 8km away. If there is an ally in front of you you'll see them 8km from him - so even further away from you. They are not some magical *poof I'm here on top of you now* weapon

Also that "they drop those torps right on to of me" - :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy:. There is no other reaction or that. Well, maybe :fish_palm: would fit. You haven't even seen a CV that can manualdrop to make sure his torps actually hit. Every CV you have met is so garbage that even a good player would be lucky to land more than 2 torps from his 6...8 torpedo spread, not even talking about the average potato or a bot for that matter.

Just god damn turn INTO them, and there's a good chance that you will either dodge them all or take just 1. And that's as a BB at those tiers, all cruisers and DDs are (almost) invulnerable to CV torps bcuz of how small and maneuverable they are

There is no effective way to try and predict where they will go considering their very sudden and fast change of direction.

Oh planes, especially when launched by a bot, tend to be some of the most predictable things in the game. And they are not a surprise as you see them well before they can do anything to you.

Beta Tester
1,820 posts
2,546 battles

No offense mate, but a veteran (in your own words, no less) of WG games should have long since learned to always keep one eye on the map.

Just because this is WoWS does not mean this is any less true than it is in WoT or WoWP.

• Cool 1

Players
1,186 posts
4,658 battles

I don't see the point of berating OP, telling him to go away, etc. Frankly, that's just worthless feedback. Yeah, he is in a poor position to criticize as a new player, but put that part on the shelf and take the post for what it is -  frustration from a new player. I think there's something to learn from that.

Are his first impressions atypical for a new player? Probably not. So what is there to be learned? First of all, I think a lot of the mechanics experienced players take for granted are hard for new players to grasp. When not understanding those mechanics involve the sudden destruction of your full health ship, it becomes pretty clear that new players are missing out on some very vital information. Sure, some players never learn. But when a lot of people don't learn, it's probably because they have a bad teacher. I think it's safe to say that there currently is a lot of players in this game that have little insight on how to deal with the rather convoluted mechanics of WoWs. That needs to change, because it won't just benefit new players in particular. It will benefit every player on that person's team in the future.

We can't rely on every new player seeking out the relevant information on the forums or in community videos. Not everyone has an experienced friend who can tell them what to do. No matter how much that would be ideal, it's just not how things work in the real world.

• Cool 5

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
621 posts
5,684 battles
3 minutes ago, Tubit101 said:

I don't see the point of berating OP, telling him to go away, etc. Frankly, that's just worthless feedback. Yeah, he is in a poor position to criticize as a new player, but put that part on the shelf and take the post for what it is -  frustration from a new player. I think there's something to learn from that.

Are his first impressions atypical for a new player? Probably not. So what is there to be learned? First of all, I think a lot of the mechanics experienced players take for granted are hard for new players to grasp. When not understanding those mechanics involve the sudden destruction of your full health ship, it becomes pretty clear that new players are missing out on some very vital information. Sure, some players never learn. But when a lot of people don't learn, it's probably because they have a bad teacher. I think it's safe to say that there currently is a lot of players in this game that have little insight on how to deal with the rather convoluted mechanics of WoWs. That needs to change, because it won't just benefit new players in particular. It will benefit every player on that person's team in the future.

We can't rely on every new player seeking out the relevant information on the forums or in community videos. Not everyone has an experienced friend who can tell them what to do. No matter how much that would be ideal, it's just not how things work in the real world.

This is fair comment, and I mostly agree. Mostly.

What grinds the gears of most forum veterans is the tone with which people post their 'criticisms' of the game. Very few new players seek out the forum with only 150 co-op battles, 300 randoms or whatever, and I'd like to applaud them for doing so if they do, but as we've seen over the past few weeks when newbs come onto the forum it's to rage about a 'broken' or unbalanced game in broad strokes. When I was a tomato, I didn't join the forum to moan (although I have been known to as a green and blue player :Smile_trollface: ), i read and watched CC content to see if I had a gap in my understanding.

So to the OP I say; a lot of what you've critiscised is plain wrong, and with more experience you'd recognise this. If you don't want to get flamed, approach it in the right way. In the first instance it's not the game which is rubbish, it's you, and that's fine because you have no experience. Playing other WG games doesn't preapee you either.

• Cool 2

Players
136 posts
3,209 battles
4 hours ago, freddiebox said:

But at the quantity players use torpedoes in World of Warships? And the fast reload for torpedoes make a bad situation worse, especially at low to mid tier.

At higher tiers reload is longer, and ships rely on guns more. Having good torpedoes is nice, but having good guns is a must.

Team killing is also a major issue when talking torpedoes. Players blind firing torpedoes don't consider the consequences this could have on their team. In more or less every battle there is this odd destroyer firing torpedoes in all directions hoping to score early damage but end up sinking a friendly cruiser.

Agree with this, apparentlly WG has some plans about this in upcoming patch. How effective those plans will be is another matter though.

But in most cases one torpedo is enough to severely cripple you

True for DD and maybe Cruiser, but not for Battleship.

My time playing through tier one to tier five I usually call the game World of Torpedoes, an accurate name to the current situation. I honestly expected a warship game, and what I got is a game that could work as a submarine versus aircraft carrier game. Very little emphasis on enjoyable and intense ship versus ship,

Wow, this is so much different from my own experience. For me low tiers are very hectic, intense and rather short range engagements while higher ones are generally rather passive and positional warfare style.

48 minutes ago, Tubit101 said:

So true but this is WOWs-EU forums, where people just like to be salty, even when there is nothing to be salty about.

[1DSF]
[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,252 posts
3,752 battles
5 hours ago, freddiebox said:

Sorry, but its a long time ago i read such a wall of nonsense!

Maybe play a few hundred random games more and then rethink what you posted here!