Sign in to follow this  
Cmoidudu

Battleship Kawashi ?

7 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
433 battles

Hello around,

Nice game here, been enjoying it alot... except for now, I'm using Battleship Kawashi and when in battle, this tin can is the slowest battleship, has a range of 9.9 km, and no AA. this seems somewhat silly, unless am I missing something ? LOL

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
4,998 battles

Tier 3 BB's are in general awful, slow, shortranged RNG shotguns. So no you are not missing anything special. That being said they still teach valuable lessons in positioning since your range is short and the speed bad. However BB's in general don't start to become proper ships so to say until tier 4.

Beta Tester
1,820 posts
2,546 battles
3 hours ago, Cmoidudu said:

OK thanks for the quick answer. Now, to tier IV...

I remember one game in her where I didn't get to fire a shot till only one other person was left on my team, and he was on  the other side of the map..

Well at least the Myogi has both the speed and gun range the Kawachi badly needs even if her gun handling is all over the place.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,861 posts
20,819 battles
On 2018-04-16 at 9:17 PM, Cmoidudu said:

Hello around,

Nice game here, been enjoying it alot... except for now, I'm using Battleship Kawashi and when in battle, this tin can is the slowest battleship, has a range of 9.9 km, and no AA. this seems somewhat silly, unless am I missing something ? LOL

The BBs are very slow at T3, and kawachi is as you say very short ranged, her concealment is however very good. The ship with longer range around 15 km Bellerophon is spotted far longer out so Kawachi can be used to train fight at optimal distances as you can disengage easier, but at the small maps at T3 and the hectic nonsense nontactical fights there it is of less use, although you might end up at some larger maps where you can sometimes surprise someone. At lower tiers DDs and cruisers (at least ships like Bogatyr and St Louis) are more effective for game winning

Beta Tester
1,349 posts

If you get more experienced and come back to a ship like Kawachi, you may find the lack of AA isn't really a problem, since these ships are actually very nimble and able to change direction very quickly (relatively speaking). You can also use this to swap sides constantly and fire all your main guns. Tier 4 onward contains superdreadnoughts which are instantly a lot bigger and less manoeuvrable.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,057 posts
7,669 battles
On 17.4.2018 at 2:15 AM, lafeel said:

I remember one game in her where I didn't get to fire a shot till only one other person was left on my team, and he was on  the other side of the map..

Well at least the Myogi has both the speed and gun range the Kawachi badly needs even if her gun handling is all over the place.

That sounds like the kind of game where the whole enemy team lemmings to the other side of the map than the one you went to.

Sign in to follow this