hugoagogo

Steven Seagal

15 comments in this topic

Players
4 posts
2,250 battles

Ok Steven Segal has disappeared from my list of commanders. Only one I can see close to his skills is John Doe????

I didn't delete him so is he working on a new film or has wargaming removed him without mentioning it?

Cheers Guys

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,166 battles

It was all over the patch notes and several threads in the main section. Their contract with him ended so they had to rename him and stop using his voice. John Doe is the replacement, you're stuck with that.

Beta Tester
1,820 posts
2,546 battles

As stated mr Bored Seagull's contract with WG ended and they had to stop using his voice and likeness.

Good riddance I say really.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,814 posts
2,026 battles

Wargaming should add some other little animation for Captain John Doe, to replace that aikido workout cook routine we had on the deck of the Missouri, when Mr Seagal was still on board. I kinda liked it.

Players
4 posts
2,250 battles

Ah thanks chaps, I thought id dispensed with him somehow when I may have had an alcoholic indulgence.

Much appreciated.

[IRON7]
Players
116 posts
962 battles
On 16/04/2018 at 11:12 PM, VC381 said:

It was all over the patch notes and several threads in the main section. Their contract with him ended so they had to rename him and stop using his voice. John Doe is the replacement, you're stuck with that.

Stuck indeed since you still cannot dismiss him. :Smile-angry:

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,166 battles
1 hour ago, Nishi_Kinuyo said:

Stuck indeed since you still cannot dismiss him. :Smile-angry:

Why would you want to though? His abilities are amazing and now the annoying voice is gone he's just a normal captain.

[TS1]
Players
471 posts
7,165 battles
5 hours ago, VC381 said:

Why would you want to though? His abilities are amazing and now the annoying voice is gone he's just a normal captain.

What do you mean annoying voice? I thought it was hilarious to have a captain that was so blasé about everything, like when you got set on fire and you'd hear in the most bored voice possible, "Fire alarm."

[IRON7]
Players
116 posts
962 battles
11 hours ago, VC381 said:

Amazing or not, I don't play murikan ships.

Even some polish immigrant would be of more use to me.

Beta Tester
785 posts
6,565 battles

Well, You should rethink that, maybe  

Steven Segal/John Doe has a real useful combination of special skills, helpful in every cruiser oder battleship. Destroyers not quite as much.

I find it way more useful than great Yamamotos special abilities, to be honest.

The pimped Expert Marksman in combination with the better Expert Loader is absolutely nice with the US heavy cruisers und BB as well.

Would be a shame to leave it wasted. :Smile_smile:

Beta Tester
1,349 posts
On 18/04/2018 at 10:06 AM, VC381 said:

now the annoying voice is gone he's just a normal captain.

Funny thing, John Doe's voice is actually affected by the upper voice setting rather than the lower. So I have the default voice as British (normally only affects scenario briefings), and the other setting as National+, and he sounds British instead of American.

Kind of want to put him in a Bogue or Clemson and pretend I'm playing a lend-lease ship.

[NED]
Players
4,023 posts
10,901 battles

Parallel on topic. I actually miss S.S. I really loved his bored, inner mouth speaking. I get it: the franchise with WG has ended with S.S. But "John Doe?" Come on! You can do better than that! Why not make a contest with a replacement from Steven Seagal?  OC nothing directly connecting to S.S.'s portrait. But I'd love to have a replacement bad tempered, bad a** captain on my Missouri, walking around the deck in port. (I'm to dump to design a figure but I'm happy to pass this suggestion).

[TS1]
Players
471 posts
7,165 battles
2 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

Parallel on topic. I actually miss S.S. I really loved his bored, inner mouth speaking. I get it: the franchise with WG has ended with S.S. But "John Doe?" Come on! You can do better than that! Why not make a contest with a replacement from Steven Seagal?  OC nothing directly connecting to S.S.'s portrait. But I'd love to have a replacement bad tempered, bad a** captain on my Missouri, walking around the deck in port. (I'm to dump to design a figure but I'm happy to pass this suggestion).

Yeah. They should've named him Stephan Seagull or something. This new commander is just boring.

[IRON7]
Players
116 posts
962 battles
11 hours ago, Runegrem said:

Yeah. They should've named him Stephan Seagull or something. This new commander is just boring.

Well, at least they changed it so that you can now dismiss him. :Smile_medal: