You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_Kettenbeisser

Clan Wars Season 2 (A Captain's Rewiew)

32 comments in this topic

[MDF]
Beta Tester
149 posts
9,083 battles

The long weeks of up to 4 hours high end games are over, now is the time to step over the wrecks and lets conclude what happened.

WG added two new maps to the rotation, a new ship showed its fangs an old maps got removed or changed. (Still no CV though!)

What can i say about this season?

The Meta changed to be a little bit more agressive especially with the cap change on Mountain Range, the fight over A on Sleeping Giant and adding another map with the option of hardpush in form of Sleeping Giant. 

At first i didn't like it being less able to bunker into positions, but after adapting i found it quite enjoyable. If you where able to perform a nice push games could be changed and often you ended in an intense fight over the last points.

It certainly trained my clanmates to be more preservative on their ships, added on their ability to cooperate and focused fire on ships that couldn't disengage in time where a scary thing.

In my Opinion this favoured the high dps and/or tanky ships like DM, Hindenburg and Zao while it lessened the use of reliable constant, but low dps ships like Moskwa or HIV. They performed better in a more static game. 

While firstly thought to be a nuisance without the ability to torp DDs, in my opinion the YueYang outed herself as a very strong DD-Hunter (Maybe even a little too strong). While she got a sting on her guns, the greatest danger of her lied in her teammates. Her ability to keep a DD spotted for some extra 28 seconds combined with some well positioned teammates proved to be deadly for many DDs while her stealthy torps where the bane of unprepared BBs and CAs. Personally the best counter to a well played Yue Yang was another well played Yue Yang earning her a  guaranteed spot on our Roster. Our Shima and Gearing Players where certainly unhappy about her emergence.

The Z-52 proved herself again as a strong and reliable cap contester/conqueror while also perfoming very well as a torpedo spotter for an advancing Fleet. I don't think many people will disagree with that as i expect her to be the most picked DD ( Due to YY being shorter in client)

On the Battleship side Montana was again the old strong reliable workhorse, only outperformed when the enemy Yamato, Repuplique or GK where heavily favoured by RNGesus. Thats also all i have to say about these 3 Battleships. If he or the ghost of Stalin guided the Shells they where a viable pick for the team, but if they weren't on your side these ships got punished by constant streams of shells and torps. +

The Minotaur was a quite interesting oddball. In a well coordinated team against unprepaired foes she obliterated DDs earning her team the advantage. But you needed reliable players and good Teamwork to perform that Trick.

I am personally now quite troubled about CVs. On the one side i think they deserve a place in CW but their inclusion needs greater teamsizes. On the other hand i doubt that Shima, Z and YY could shine so bright in a Meta with CVs and i would certainly be sad about that.

What I didn't liked this Season

I hate the Stalingrad flag.

Yes i want the Ship because free stuff but the way of earning it grinds my gears. I think it raises the tensions in Clans. Everybody wants a piece but doing the part is quite troublesome. And certainly the tension raises again when some people got it safely secured uncounciously lowering their effort or their perceived effort by the ones without a flag. I understand that participation is needed to get a reward but i would like to have higher OTHER incentives to play CW then the Flag. Many People love CW for the coordinated teambased high skilled Gameplay which you only can experience in CW (or in Operations but...Coop  aka certainly no high skill needed).

I would like to see more incentives to play CW AFTER you got the flag. In all seriousness the reward for Hurricane leaque is a joke.
Maybe introduce Leaque skaled flag rewards for each Victory ( some players certainly went out of Ramming flags xD)
Offer a Supercontainer for each 10 Victories (Nr debatable) AFTER the reception of the Stalingrad Flag. 

On another topic i forget to add that i still don't like WGs idea of rental ships. I approve of the idea but i don't like the Execution. To often you get stuck with rental ships that are not useful. I have no Problem that wg enables ALL t10 Rental ships the whole season. it would offer far more flexibility to all clans regarding their lineups and more people can join the all 1 ship shenanigans and likeminded ideas

I am in a serious Love/Hate Relationship with CW. I love the teamplay. The nonexistence of Noobs or incompetent players contrary to random. The Endorphine rush after fighting a strong Clan to the last bits and winning it. The fun of sometimes steamrolling the enemy because everything played out well. But oh boy get your nerves under pressure. Rants are guaranteed (some clanmembers certainly experienced mine). Up to 4 hours high tension gameplay certainly take their toll. But unless some other teammodes get introduced into Wows i certainly will take part again and again. 

Last i would like to hear your  Experiences and Views. Especially the ones of Fleet Admirals/Teamleaders/FCs/Callers or however you may call them. Please be elaborate and constructive on your posts i want serious Feedback

How did you perceive the Season?

And for everything that wrent wrong: #blame Kette

mfg _Kettenbeisser

(leading Noob and Reason for defeats in KKTM)

PS. lol this is my 100th post xD

• Cool 8

Sailing Hamster
2,335 posts
9,212 battles
1 hour ago, _Kettenbeisser said:

The long weeks of up to 4 hours high end games are over, now is the time to step over the wrecks and lets conclude what happened.

WG added two new maps to the rotation, a new ship showed its fangs an old maps got removed or changed. (Still no CV though!)

What can i say about this season?

The Meta changed to be a little bit more agressive especially with the cap change on Mountain Range, the fight over A on Sleeping Giant and adding another map with the option of hardpush in form of Sleeping Giant. 

At first i didn't like it being less able to bunker into positions, but after adapting i found it quite enjoyable. If you where able to perform a nice push games could be changed and often you ended in an intense fight over the last points.

It certainly trained my clanmates to be more preservative on their ships, added on their ability to cooperate and focused fire on ships that couldn't disengage in time where a scary thing.

In my Opinion this favoured the high dps and/or tanky ships like DM, Hindenburg and Zao while it lessened the use of reliable constant, but low dps ships like Moskwa or HIV. They performed better in a more static game. 

While firstly thought to be a nuisance without the ability to torp DDs, in my opinion the YueYang outed herself as a very strong DD-Hunter (Maybe even a little too strong). While she got a sting on her guns, the greatest danger of her lied in her teammates. Her ability to keep a DD spotted for some extra 28 seconds combined with some well positioned teammates proved to be deadly for many DDs while her stealthy torps where the bane of unprepared BBs and CAs. Personally the best counter to a well played Yue Yang was another well played Yue Yang earning her a  guaranteed spot on our Roster. Our Shima and Gearing Players where certainly unhappy about her emergence.

The Z-52 proved herself again as a strong and reliable cap contester/conqueror while also perfoming very well as a torpedo spotter for an advancing Fleet. I don't think many people will disagree with that as i expect her to be the most picked DD ( Due to YY being shorter in client)

On the Battleship side Montana was again the old strong reliable workhorse, only outperformed when the enemy Yamato, Repuplique or GK where heavily favoured by RNGesus. Thats also all i have to say about these 3 Battleships. If he or the ghost of Stalin guided the Shells they where a viable pick for the team, but if they weren't on your side these ships got punished by constant streams of shells and torps. +

The Minotaur was a quite interesting oddball. In a well coordinated team against unprepaired foes she obliterated DDs earning her team the advantage. But you needed reliable players and good Teamwork to perform that Trick.

I am personally now quite troubled about CVs. On the one side i think they deserve a place in CW but their inclusion needs greater teamsizes. On the other hand i doubt that Shima, Z and YY could shine so bright in a Meta with CVs and i would certainly be sad about that.

What I didn't liked this Season

I hate the Stalingrad flag.

Yes i want the Ship because free stuff but the way of earning it grinds my gears. I think it raises the tensions in Clans. Everybody wants a piece but doing the part is quite troublesome. And certainly the tension raises again when some people got it safely secured uncounciously lowering their effort or their perceived effort by the ones without a flag. I understand that participation is needed to get a reward but i would like to have higher OTHER incentives to play CW then the Flag. Many People love CW for the coordinated teambased high skilled Gameplay which you only can experience in CW (or in Operations but...Coop  aka certainly no high skill needed).

I would like to see more incentives to play CW AFTER you got the flag. In all seriousness the reward for Hurricane leaque is a joke.
Maybe introduce Leaque skaled flag rewards for each Victory ( some players certainly went out of Ramming flags xD)
Offer a Supercontainer for each 10 Victories (Nr debatable) AFTER the reception of the Stalingrad Flag. 

I am in a serious Love/Hate Relationship with CW. I love the teamplay. The nonexistence of Noobs or incompetent players contrary to random. The Endorphine rush after fighting a strong Clan to the last bits and winning it. The fun of sometimes steamrolling the enemy because everything played out well. But oh boy get your nerves under pressure. Rants are guaranteed (some clanmembers certainly experienced mine). Up to 4 hours high tension gameplay certainly take their toll. But unless some other teammodes get introduced into Wows i certainly will take part again and again. 

Last i would like to hear your  Experiences and Views. Especially the ones of Fleet Admirals/Teamleaders/FCs/Callers or however you may call them. Please be elaborate and constructive on your posts i want serious Feedback

How did you perceive the Season?

And for everything that wrent wrong: #blame Kette

mfg _Kettenbeisser

(leading Noob and Reason for defeats in KKTM)

PS. lol this is my 100th post xD

As for the bolded part: she also worked very well against prepared enemies, I have to say :cap_cool:

I agree with you on the flag: it's problematic in larger clans. I don't care much about it as I don't really want Stalingrad, but I've heard it's a problem in other clans. Maybe it would be better to set the number of games higher but make it so that it is applied to all members of the clan in the period they are in there? For example, you get those missions still, but now you need .... 100 wins to get the flag. But it doesn't matter if you yourself actually played the matches, the mission will count them regardless.

Players
958 posts
4,858 battles
47 minutes ago, Earl_of_Northesk said:

As for the bolded part: she also worked very well against prepared enemies, I have to say :cap_cool:

I agree with you on the flag: it's problematic in larger clans. I don't care much about it as I don't really want Stalingrad, but I've heard it's a problem in other clans. Maybe it would be better to set the number of games higher but make it so that it is applied to all members of the clan in the period they are in there? For example, you get those missions still, but now you need .... 100 wins to get the flag. But it doesn't matter if you yourself actually played the matches, the mission will count them regardless.

This would lead to ppl paying clans to get carried/surf along. I oppose this. 

[MDF]
Beta Tester
149 posts
9,083 battles
1 hour ago, Earl_of_Northesk said:

Maybe it would be better to set the number of games higher but make it so that it is applied to all members of the clan in the period they are in there? For example, you get those missions still, but now you need .... 100 wins to get the flag. But it doesn't matter if you yourself actually played the matches, the mission will count them regardless.

i see where you want to go, but the direction is a little problematic. If we just assume a Clan has 50% winrate he needs to play 200 Games in typhoon leaque  ( Yes these numbers are exxagerated but still). Smaller clans with more reallife oriented players may struggle with these numbers which goes  against wg' s idea of bringing competitive play to an greater audience. I would prefer to raise the Incentives to continiue to play without any fixed numbers in mind. 

On another topic i forget to add that i still don't like WGs idea of rental ships. I approve of the idea but i don't like the Execution. To often you get stuck with rental ships that are not useful. I have no Problem that wg enables ALL t10 Rental ships the whole season. it would offer far more flexibility to all clans regarding their lineups and more people can join the all 1 ship shenanigans and likeminded ideas

• Cool 1

Sailing Hamster
2,335 posts
9,212 battles
2 hours ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

This would lead to ppl paying clans to get carried/surf along. I oppose this. 

Why though? Let's assume people don't pay for it, because in my opinion few to none of the top clans would accept something like that. Other than that, nothing changes but some more people might get the flag.

Another idea would be to double tie it: Step 1: "participate in at least X (20?) clan battles regardless of league." Step 2: "Your clan is winning at least 50 battles in typhoon league". 

Tie ot to clan so people can't just found smurf clans to farm some games to later switch again, done.

• Cool 1

Players
958 posts
4,858 battles
1 hour ago, Earl_of_Northesk said:

Why though? Let's assume people don't pay for it, because in my opinion few to none of the top clans would accept something like that. Other than that, nothing changes but some more people might get the flag.

Another idea would be to double tie it: Step 1: "participate in at least X (20?) clan battles regardless of league." Step 2: "Your clan is winning at least 50 battles in typhoon league". 

Tie ot to clan so people can't just found smurf clans to farm some games to later switch again, done.

The problem I have with this is this: The flag is maybe the best in game indicator that a player is worth a damn. Getting the flag is not the issue, continuing to play once you have yours is. 

Clans are small enough to allow any member to play enough battles. Being rewarded for your elite teams actions is something I don't like.

Sailing Hamster
2,335 posts
9,212 battles
1 minute ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

The problem I have with this is this: The flag is maybe the best in game indicator that a player is worth a damn. Getting the flag is not the issue, continuing to play once you have yours is. 

Clans are small enough to allow any member to play enough battles. Being rewarded for your elite teams actions is something I don't like.

It's not. It's probably even less of an indication as the rank 1 flag is. It's easy to carry one (or even two) player(s) who shouldn't be there if you don't give a damn about a top 10 finish or your winrate (rewards for that do not exists anyway). And it's happening.

[HOME]
Players
569 posts
7,627 battles
32 minutes ago, Earl_of_Northesk said:

It's not. It's probably even less of an indication as the rank 1 flag is. It's easy to carry one (or even two) player(s) who shouldn't be there if you don't give a damn about a top 10 finish or your winrate (rewards for that do not exists anyway). And it's happening.

It is also easy to play enough games to get to rank 1 making the R1 flag just about meaningless when it comes to defining ones skill. Point is that most of the players who achieve the stalingrad flag have to be at least half decent. How many people do you think got the stalingrad-flag and are utter potatoes? Not a great amount I assume. There arent alot of really bad players in Typhoon and higher anyway. They are there, but not in great numbers. How different is this for ranked, where half of the R1 playerbase seems to be.... well.... lets say "not very good" although they seem to be really determined in order to play 500+ battles. So I'd rather be in a team full of stalingrad flag owners then in a team of R1 players. 

• Cool 1

Sailing Hamster
2,335 posts
9,212 battles
1 hour ago, GarrusBrutus said:

It is also easy to play enough games to get to rank 1 making the R1 flag just about meaningless when it comes to defining ones skill. Point is that most of the players who achieve the stalingrad flag have to be at least half decent. How many people do you think got the stalingrad-flag and are utter potatoes? Not a great amount I assume. There arent alot of really bad players in Typhoon and higher anyway. They are there, but not in great numbers. How different is this for ranked, where half of the R1 playerbase seems to be.... well.... lets say "not very good" although they seem to be really determined in order to play 500+ battles. So I'd rather be in a team full of stalingrad flag owners then in a team of R1 players. 

Actually....quite a lot of them. Go throug the lower Hurricane teams and count the 48 to 52 percenters. There's TONS of them. Not a enormous amount, but still plenty enough and surely not less than people dying their way up to rank 1. Ranked is just more about your own determination and CB more about the skill of your fellow players.

[HOME]
Players
569 posts
7,627 battles
1 minute ago, Earl_of_Northesk said:

Actually....quite a lot of them. Go throug the lower Hurricane teams and count the 48 to 52 percenters. There's TONS of them. Not a enormous amount, but still plenty enough and surely not less than people dying their way up to rank 1. Ranked is just more about your own determination and CB more about the skill of your fellow players.

I was just looking at it ingame and you're right. Makes you wonder how they got up there, doesnt it? :cap_book:

Guess it is the good old "A good team doesn't have to consist out of good players". 

Sailing Hamster
2,335 posts
9,212 battles
2 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

I was just looking at it ingame and you're right. Makes you wonder how they got up there, doesnt it? :cap_book:

Guess it is the good old "A good team doesn't have to consist out of good players". 

That's true. Tactics outweigh personal skill in this game. You don't need skill to be radar slave Moskva sitting behind the A spot on hot spot, at least not a great amount. A decent FC and a core of players knowing their tactics will get you far in this gamemode.

[HOME]
Players
569 posts
7,627 battles
8 hours ago, _Kettenbeisser said:

How about a system like the ranked reward system after you get the flag?

E.g. after getting the flag;

first victory - some flags

Fifth victory - some doubloons

Tenth victory - some... Dasha signed underwear..? :fish_cute_2: No just kidding, but you get my idea.  

[MDF]
Beta Tester
149 posts
9,083 battles

I would like to collect some more feedback about the CW Season from teamleaders from all clans. Especially i would want to hear some voices from teamleaders of clans of the lower leaques as i assume the upper clans are mostly likeminded. But still we got so many clans participating let us hear something from you. Unleash wall of Texts so @Crysantos and @MrConway got some stuff to read in their worktime.
Did you like the meta, did you try your hardest to gain some free stuff or did you just wanted to have some fun with your clan.

Does tagging work for clans to ? well either way WGP2W, OMNI, OM, AAO, MOWA,CN_, CGER, KINGS, BLACK, SCRUBS, GWDYS, BAGA, TTT, PARAZ, LOBUZ, TCG, FAM i know you all and many more did take part so don't be shy ;P

Edit: Also TWA because they wanted to be mentioned (did they achieve anything special and noteworthy?) i didn't mentioned them cause they kinda reacted already

• Cool 1

Sailing Hamster
2,335 posts
9,212 battles
34 minutes ago, _Kettenbeisser said:

I would like to collect some more feedback about the CW Season from teamleaders from all clans. Especially i would want to hear some voices from teamleaders of clans of the lower leaques as i assume the upper clans are mostly likeminded. But still we got so many clans participating let us hear something from you. Unleash wall of Texts so @Crysantos and @MrConway got some stuff to read in their worktime.
Did you like the meta, did you try your hardest to gain some free stuff or did you just wanted to have some fun with your clan.

Does tagging work for clans to ? well either way WGP2W, OMNI, OM, AAO, MOWA,CN_, CGER, KINGS, BLACK, SCRUBS, GWDYS, BAGA, TTT, PARAZ, LOBUZ, TCG, FAM i know you all and many more did take part so don't be shy ;P

Not even trying to tag the winners. Wow :Smile-_tongue::Smile_teethhappy:

Players
400 posts
9,505 battles

Hi @ ALL

In my opinion half of the CW was enjoyable. After getting the flag the problems arrived. There is no need to play to the highest league and there were many complaints about getting a match up there. So, adding a higher league was a wrong decision.

Btw. In CW you can see the problems with OP and UP ships extremely. Nearly no one picked the russian DDs. Hindenburg and Des Moines on the other hand were picked in nearly all teams even though their biggest strength (AA) were useless.

Players
958 posts
4,858 battles
32 minutes ago, _VAMPA_ said:

getting Stalingrad flag is too easy....

Sorry, but I don't think so. In season one roughly 3% of players got the flag iirc. 

This is a decent margin and actually could be doubled and still would be okay in ny book. She doesn't need to be nearly unobtainable. Also, please consider that we are talking from a position of riches in which no player would be allowed to bring a captain at fewer than  19pts or a ship with a setup that isn't perfect. 

A lot of clans cannot afford to make such demands. 

[LOBUZ]
[LOBUZ]
Players
4,214 posts
15,448 battles

There's definitely lack of real incentive to keep playing once you get the flag except for the want of helping your clanmates and pushing for the top-whatever bragging rights. We felt that last season and this season we only kept motivated due to a bit unrealistic target (well at the start of the season it was...) we have self-imposed. A clan which has reached their glass roof will have no reason to keep playing.

In the last few days there were just a few Hurricane clans that kept on going. Maybe to some extent because they didn't want to get involved in the entertainment OMNI RAIN and us were providing to TWA (by the way kudos to all you guys, TWA for making the most of it and having played the last week very smartly, RAIN fot making us push like it was 16-year-old and OMNI for never giving up on what must have been a tough Sunday).

Can't tell how it looked in lower leagues but I guess the general feeling was similar - some guys frustrated they can't get a flag, some guys couldn't be bothered once they got it.

Hurricane league didn't really bring anything extra to the table as the mission award was a bit lacking to be any kind of a target.

• Cool 2

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,577 battles

To be honest.. if players give up after they get flag... is not problem for wg but your selfish teammates.

In my clan we had always 10 or more people online, once when you get flag priority in team drops.. but you would still play (we prefer lots of switches)...

So I have no idea why WG should do anything about this problem?

Its merely personal greed for their own goals and not caring about anyone else. Sorry its whole truth.

Besides, clan battles were awesome chance to farm free exp as well.

My 2 cents

• Cool 2

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
6,738 battles
2 hours ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

In season one roughly 3% of players got the flag iirc.

Spoiler

wowseuCBs1.thumb.jpg.aec89140150a8675b61082cfaf3190d0.jpgHfBcampgEU.thumb.jpg.f6d611dad515ef79808acc70a0bf22f5.jpg

~ 3900 Stalingrad flags given in season 1. To put things into some kind of perspective, ~ 62000 Bismarcks were given during the Hunt for Bismarck campaign and ~ 1900 players on average have made it to rank 1 in last four seasons. The amount of players who made it to rank 1 on seasons 1-4 is even less (Ranked stats). Of course Bismarck was easier to get, but still only about 20% of the participants got her (i.e. finished the campaign). In 1st CB season about 5% of the participants got the flag. During the seasons 5-8 of RB, there has been on average 84000 participants, of which the ~1900 is about 2,2%, so it could be argued that CB's are more "rewarding" than RB's.

Though there are many reasons why the numbers differ, f.ex. not everyone likes both modes, some can play only one of them (not being in a clan, or disliking RB's), not everyone is interested for top prizes (like I usually just aim for the R15 commemorative flag on RB's) and you can't directly compare these different modes, but I'll leave further number/reason analysis for those who are better in it.

Anyways, what I wanted to say is that in my opinion the rarity of Stalingrad is fine as it is now.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
612 posts
5,582 battles

Not a clan leader but a clan officer.

We had really issues with players online this season. This was our first season with regular games, but as a clan with players in the main over 30, we struggled to get more than 5 online at once due to kids, job etc. (For me, it was being unable to join until after 2000 UK time).

I'm not sure what the answer to this is, but I feel like we'd have had better opportunities if the CW window went later, i.e. 1900 - 2300. Having said that I appreciate WG moving the start times this season, wasn't enough for our clan though.

Another problem we had is recruiting players good enough for clans. I'm not the best player but comfortably in the top 3 of my clan, and in the games where we had our 6 best players +1 we didn't have any issues winning games in the first two leagues. A couple of nights where me and a few of the other 'good' players logged in late, we had 7 guys in rental TX with <1000 games (always a bad sign) already in matches tanking our league position. Maybe it's the method of recruitment (a Facebook group) that's the issue, but we need to look at minimum standards for CW participation. It's not my clan though so that will be up to the CL.

Anything to add @Bear_Necessities ?

[HOME]
Players
569 posts
7,627 battles

Something I've always wondered is why the Friday night is not included in the CW timeframe? I mean, most people with jobs are finally free that night. I don't know about you guys but Wednesdays and Thursdays for me just don't work because of sports training, evening school, etc. What is your take on this? 

And another topic: I'm sure this is less the case in typhoon and lower but once your clan is in hurricane you tend to play the same opponents again and again which gets dull after a while. Altough I'm a huge fan of the league system to create the most fair matchmaking possible it becomes quite annoying to get the same opponents twice per night. Do you guys feel the same about this or am I just being a whiny c...? 

Just as @Boris_MNE already mentioned the free xp farm is really good. Got 1 million this season whoopwhoop. Saved up all the free xp flags and camos so I could make up to 11k per win. Noice. :cap_like:

Players
958 posts
4,858 battles
8 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Something I've always wondered is why the Friday night is not included in the CW timeframe? I mean, most people with jobs are finally free that night. I don't know about you guys but Wednesdays and Thursdays for me just don't work because of sports training, evening school, etc. What is your take on this? 

And another topic: I'm sure this is less the case in typhoon and lower but once your clan is in hurricane you tend to play the same opponents again and again which gets dull after a while. Altough I'm a huge fan of the league system to create the most fair matchmaking possible it becomes quite annoying to get the same opponents twice per night. Do you guys feel the same about this or am I just being a whiny c...? 

Just as @Boris_MNE already mentioned the free xp farm is really good. Got 1 million this season whoopwhoop. Saved up all the free xp flags and camos so I could make up to 11k per win. Noice. :cap_like:

Friday would lead to three consecutive nights. Sorry, but I prefer having at least one evening to enjoy some beer and company. 

Playing the same teams is fine in my book, after all every team is then playing for the top position so the field narrows down.

And the xp gain is just amazing. Had evenings in season one with 200k elite commander xp gained :).

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,555 posts
4,752 battles

I thought I would chip my impressions in as a first timer in clan wars this time around.

1) fixed xp for win/loss is great idea for leveling the contribution/calculation/"you were guarding the empty spaces"

2) Rewards etc - seemed fair when taken in balance with the xp above. (NO comment on the highest rewards as didn't get there, but can fully appreciate the time/effort put into getting and staying there).

3) Map selection - worked for us, some we did consistently well on, others badly on, but we learned :)

4) Member availability - was fairly consistent throughout, we rarely didn't play and at times were just short of fielding 2 teams. So days, times and participation levels were good.

5) Gameplay - I am not a fan of static gameplay (park/bow tank/shoot) but with mainly cruisers, this was rarely an issue.

6) No CV, didn't miss them, to be honest. A real shame for CV main's though

7) A great environment to see the 'clan' work together, learn together and [edited]/joke/celebrate together

8) Superb school for the game :)

9) Don't know about you guys, but for 90%+, we had only 1 FC who must have bitten a minimum of 4 tongues off completely during the duration, hats off to @JP_steeland also @tomo123789 for bearing with us all.

Will certainly do it again, even if it was unchanged and I hope that we, the clan, were all inspired enough to do KoTs etc in future.

[BGNAV]
Players
741 posts
13,827 battles
17 hours ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

Sorry, but I don't think so. In season one roughly 3% of players got the flag iirc. 

This is a decent margin and actually could be doubled and still would be okay in ny book. She doesn't need to be nearly unobtainable. Also, please consider that we are talking from a position of riches in which no player would be allowed to bring a captain at fewer than  19pts or a ship with a setup that isn't perfect. 

A lot of clans cannot afford to make such demands. 

...Than they dont deserve  it

or you prefer free for all, than whats the point?

• Bad 1