Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Grandorf

About winrate

100 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[YEEET]
Players
237 posts
4,172 battles

Hi

 

I have been looking at my stats and Im very confused. 

Im not a good player but it seems my stats are slightly

getting better EXCEPT winrate.

Depending on what stat site you use the winrate seems

to take enormous dips from time to time. 

Im usually at the top half after a battle but its hard to win.

 

Losing streaks are sometimes very long and watching the

match statistics its when DDs fail miserably match after match.

 

Any ideas, suggestions?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
2,776 posts
11,488 battles

Maybe you don't adapt your playstyle for the different ships enough. You perform well in a few different ships that you've played a lot. It looks like you're not playing the other ships to their benefits. Henri IV might suit your playstyle from Émile Bertin to some degree, but it's not enough to be an influential part in tier 10 games.

You've probably played more high tier games lately which is why your damage is higher, but your WR is lower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DIKI]
Players
802 posts
295 battles

wait....they did not tell you.....winrate is also just about luck.....any Captain with 40% wr will tell you that

  • Funny 11
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YEEET]
Players
237 posts
4,172 battles
37 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Maybe you don't adapt your playstyle for the different ships enough. You perform well in a few different ships that you've played a lot. It looks like you're not playing the other ships to their benefits. Henri IV might suit your playstyle from Émile Bertin to some degree, but it's not enough to be an influential part in tier 10 games.

You've probably played more high tier games lately which is why your damage is higher, but your WR is lower.

Have to admit I have tried alot to get those Honorable Service campaigns.

Also I tend to get frustrated and keep on pushing in same ship thinking my 

"luck" has to change at some point. 

 

Fiji is a good example, like Emile Bertin i truly feel good playing her from

game to game but the wins dont appear even if Im mostly top 3. 

 

Minotaur and Henry IV are much more difficult, my results are all over the place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOTS]
Alpha Tester
2,185 posts
8,628 battles

At what point does the ability to carry a team become impossible?

What are the thresholds in terms of ship classes and tiers when it comes to trying to carry a team?

Why even use the word 'carry' in an everyday sense when in actual fact it's probably a very rare success story?

Why has WG not introduced the ability to disable chat yet? I need this to stop me reacting to braindead hordes.

Why so many very important questions?

 

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DC-DK]
Players
1,690 posts
22,290 battles

I think one of the parameters of a good win rate is discipline and knowing when to quit playing that day. I might be wrong on this? But at least I'm seeing a difference when I quit vs continuing playing on "bad" days.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YEEET]
Players
237 posts
4,172 battles
Just now, hgbn_dk said:

I think one of the parameters of a good win rate is discipline and knowing when to quit playing that day. I might be wrong on this? But at least I'm seeing a difference when I quit vs continuing playing on "bad" days.

Yep, I tried something like that but I feel that 2-3 games a day isnt enough 

to satisfy my gaming addiction. It is a satisfying game from time to time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DC-DK]
Players
1,690 posts
22,290 battles

You don't have to play only 2-3 games a day. On good streak days keep playing on bad days stop if you lose 5 in a row

 

 

 

 

shot-18_03.25_21_58.10-0880.thumb.jpg.10bc78788833f2c63043ce8e8f3375e0.jpg

 

Example of a good day shots from my other account. Of course I have similar days where my discipline fails and I lose 10 in a row

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
727 posts
11,444 battles
4 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

I think one of the parameters of a good win rate is discipline and knowing when to quit playing that day. I might be wrong on this? But at least I'm seeing a difference when I quit vs continuing playing on "bad" days.

14 minutes ago, Grandorf said:

Also I tend to get frustrated and keep on pushing in same ship thinking my "luck" has to change at some point.

It certainly is. Whenever I say to myself for the first time "I feel tired" I quit the game disregarding the amount of victories or defeats I've achieved on that day. And not insisting with a certain ship for too long also helps: you have accumulated stress from the losses, hence playing more recklessly, while the new ship relieves it to some extent.

 

Apart from that, there are ships that seem to be jinxed on certain days. There have been also some that felt like being jinxed in regard to WR no matter what I did: although I've only played 16 battles with Bogue while going up the USN CV line, 37.5% WR for 54k, 1.75 and 15.5 average damage, ships sunk and planes shot down respectively really abated me.

 

Salute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YEEET]
Players
237 posts
4,172 battles
4 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

You don't have to play only 2-3 games a day. On good streak days keep playing on bad days stop if you lose 5 in a row

 

shot-18_03.25_16_17.25-0974.thumb.jpg.5ccc3551ce550332816e1f75cfedc865.jpg

 

 

shot-18_03.25_21_58.10-0880.thumb.jpg.10bc78788833f2c63043ce8e8f3375e0.jpg

 

Example of a good day, both are shots from my other account taken the same day. Of course I have similar days where my discipline fails and I lose 10 in a row

Oh boy, Its a very long time since I had days like that. Today I played 12 games, lost 9. 

Last week it took 9 games before I won in my Fiji. 

It seems so hopeless sometimes, even if my team is ahead we drop the ball and lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DC-DK]
Players
1,690 posts
22,290 battles

You should disregard the top picture double screen shots taken on various times the same. the bottom is the correct one. Sorry my bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
161 posts
5,853 battles
1 hour ago, Grandorf said:

 

Im not a good player but it seems my stats are slightly

getting better EXCEPT winrate.

 

 

I think most games are won or lost in the first 5 minutes with the team that wins the smoke shrouded DD death lottery phase tending to go on to win game so unless you manage constantly influence the outcome of that phase then your win rate will have little to do with your own xp/damage average. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SNUBS]
Players
1,222 posts
6,265 battles
1 hour ago, Grandorf said:

Also I tend to get frustrated and keep on pushing in same ship thinking my 

"luck" has to change at some point. 

this is a big issue why u would lose more and more. 

getting frustrated and forcing to play a ship will almost always end up in you making a mistake and not playing to your full potential.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YEEET]
Players
237 posts
4,172 battles
21 minutes ago, _LordLucan said:

I think most games are won or lost in the first 5 minutes with the team that wins the smoke shrouded DD death lottery phase tending to go on to win game so unless you manage constantly influence the outcome of that phase then your win rate will have little to do with your own xp/damage average. 

 

 

Well said indeed. As I said DDs seems to be a big parameter in WR. 

Occasionally the enemy team could have som player/division doing 5-6 kills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YEEET]
Players
237 posts
4,172 battles
12 minutes ago, lameoll said:

this is a big issue why u would lose more and more. 

getting frustrated and forcing to play a ship will almost always end up in you making a mistake and not playing to your full potential.

Hmm, this one I can and should do something about.

 

@Estaca_de_Bares mentioned this too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
3,649 posts
12,774 battles

Want to have a good winrate? Then don't play, where the potatoes play in large numbers > =T8

 

:Smile-_tongue:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
560 posts
4,667 battles

Good winrate is all about divisions.

On many days you can hit 80-100% WR in 10+ games with a good 3 men division.

 

I like to win - so i rarley play solo :cap_cool: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TENGO]
Players
1,451 posts
8,106 battles
1 hour ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Want to have a good winrate? Then don't play, where the potatoes play in large numbers > =T8

 

:Smile-_tongue:

Well, this is sad but true.

 

A 33% wr yamato or gearing on your team has a way higher (negative) influence on your chance of winning than let's say a 33% wr bayern or farragut, as it it much harder to compensate for what those "people" should bring to the table (but, obviously, don't).

 

Also, for that bayern/farragut, there still might be hope - the t10's will just be dead weight forever and ever and ever. I recently had a gearing capping at the border of a cap, immediately smoking (not being spotted), taking all the torps by red shima. Looked him up: 1500+ battles in gearing :Smile_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
2,251 posts
7,330 battles
8 hours ago, Grandorf said:

Well said indeed. As I said DDs seems to be a big parameter in WR. 

Occasionally the enemy team could have som player/division doing 5-6 kills.

This is correct. I play almost all my games in solo. Now....

In EU I have played all lines and 95% solo games.

In Asian server I have played only DD's. And only solo. Not a single division match.

My winrate is 10% better in Asian server, because I can carry with Solo DD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,152 posts
13,905 battles
10 hours ago, Grandorf said:

...As I said DDs seems to be a big parameter in WR... 

 

Why would the ship type with the lowest average damage have so much influence? 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,590 battles
2 hours ago, Kenliero said:

My winrate is 10% better in Asian server, because I can carry with Solo DD.

I'm not really disputing the impact and game-carrying potential of DDs, but your better results in Asian server might also be due to that being easier (I heard it is) AND you starting there after already knowing the game (so you skipped the newbie phase there, guaranteeing a head start normally experienced only by re-rolls). I'm pretty sure your WR there would be noticeably higher than here even if you were mostly playing another class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
2,251 posts
7,330 battles
17 minutes ago, eliastion said:

I'm not really disputing the impact and game-carrying potential of DDs, but your better results in Asian server might also be due to that being easier (I heard it is) AND you starting there after already knowing the game (so you skipped the newbie phase there, guaranteeing a head start normally experienced only by re-rolls). I'm pretty sure your WR there would be noticeably higher than here even if you were mostly playing another class.

I am sure those are factors as well, but I would say in EU server I also have approximately 5-7% better winrates in DD's compared to BB's, simply because it is easier to carry with them when playing solo. BB's are just too slow to make quick adjustments during the game to fix situation, which is heading to loss.

Of course if the player is not good with DD's, it's not going to just improve the winrates by magical 5%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
956 posts
4,856 battles
12 hours ago, hgbn_dk said:

I think one of the parameters of a good win rate is discipline and knowing when to quit playing that day. I might be wrong on this? But at least I'm seeing a difference when I quit vs continuing playing on "bad" days.

This so much. My wr was good yesterday, but I simply couldn't stand my teams anymore. Playing dd was a lot of pain due to virtually no support and a couple of disgusted misplays on my part. Quit the game then and there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
13,500 posts
10,344 battles
31 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

I am sure those are factors as well, but I would say in EU server I also have approximately 5-7% better winrates in DD's compared to BB's, simply because it is easier to carry with them when playing solo. BB's are just too slow to make quick adjustments during the game to fix situation, which is heading to loss.

Of course if the player is not good with DD's, it's not going to just improve the winrates by magical 5%.

And I am DD player who has a slightly better WR in BB.

If you look up the server data, you will see that no ship type has an advantage in Winrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×