You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Alchemist79

Tier gap

98 comments in this topic

Players
15 posts
770 battles

Dear WG,

Please send out some message when you reduced the Tier gap in battles to maximum 1 tier difference or preferable, all ships the same tier. 
All come back to play again (and deposit more) when that happened.

• Funny 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,039 posts

So you're saying you quit the game until the matchmaker is +/- 1 instead of +/- 2?

OK, you may not be playing for a while then if ever.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,571 posts
6,401 battles
11 minutes ago, Alchemist79 said:

Dear WG,

Please send out some message when you reduced the Tier gap in battles to maximum 1 tier difference or preferable, all ships the same tier. 

Cya never I guess

41475-Forever-Is-A-Long-Time.jpg

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,122 posts
11,295 battles

And WG missed the point about battle tiers 11 and 12 to relieve the matchmaker for T8 and T9 ships...

• Cool 2

Players
15 posts
770 battles

Didnt get to T8 and T9. Just reached T5 and got hugely demotivated by this nonsense. 

And yes i get F2P. I play other games that are free to play without problems.

[DC-DK]
Players
1,782 posts
22,478 battles

It used to be -3+3 in the old days So wipe your eyes

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[BGBRD]
Players
164 posts
8,569 battles
8 minutes ago, Alchemist79 said:

Didnt get to T8 and T9. Just reached T5 and got hugely demotivated by this nonsense. 

And yes i get F2P. I play other games that are free to play without problems.

You got demotivated because  you got out of the "safe zone", the newbe bubble. At T5 and above start the big grind and the game ask of you to put more effort in to improving your gameplay. 

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,571 posts
6,401 battles
18 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

And WG missed the point about battle tiers 11 and 12 to relieve the matchmaker for T8 and T9 ships...

I just love how a year-or-so ago when I spoke of exactly that as an idea all I got in return was along the lines "this idea is so bad you had to be braindamaged to think of it" while now more and more people seem to be going along with it :Smile_trollface:

But yeah, I still think that introducing battle tier 11 and 12 would give 9s chance to be top tier, would stop the constant "I AM ZE BEST, BOW BEFORE ME" run of 7s and relieve the struggles of 5s, 6s and 8s :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Players
15 posts
770 battles

No, i got demotivated because i am playing T5 ships against T7 ships which means that:

My BB gets citideled by enemy BBs easilly. 
My BB cant citadel enemy BBs
My BB is less likely to citadel enemy cruisers
My cruisers gets citadelled by enemy cruisers easilly.
My cruiser cant citadel anyone. 

Not to mention the range thingy

[CATS]
Players
13,676 posts
10,389 battles
32 minutes ago, Alchemist79 said:

Dear WG,

Play Tier I to IV...

Problem solved

[BGBRD]
Players
164 posts
8,569 battles
2 minutes ago, Alchemist79 said:

No, i got demotivated because i am playing T5 ships against T7 ships which means that:

15abdb2bae3ef9602995a1e3619f93350cdebfce

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[DC-DK]
Players
1,782 posts
22,478 battles
1 minute ago, Alchemist79 said:

So what? Some of us faced Tier-VIII when started grinding Tier-V.

IIRC -3+3 was on from Tier-!

• Bad 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,039 posts
2 minutes ago, Alchemist79 said:

Sorry to sound harsh, but the above is very much a case of learn to play better.

Learn to aim, learn to position and learn to angle. None of which come instantly.

• Cool 2

Players
15 posts
770 battles

I dont understand how you all act like im insane. 
How is it normal to have a game that matches its players unfairly like that ?
How would it matter that it has been worse in the past ?

yes i have played many many free to play games. I have a very strong principle of not depositing when they are P2W and depositing decently (like 50$ which is a normal price for a game) for those that are not P2W. I have reached the top in many of them, even those that are P2W and i didnt pay a dime. 
In this case its not even that its pay to win. I don't really view this game as too much P2W, which is why i did deposit a bit already and would be ready to deposit more in the future. (although i do think that the prices are ridiculous and you should get much more for 50$ than a few months premium)

And its nonsense to blame this on learning to play. I know how to aim and angle. How can you deny the difference in armor and projectile caliber ? Maybe you are the one who need to learn the game ?
I dont mind people disagreeing, but i do mind nonsense bogus arguments.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,573 posts
9,108 battles
5 minutes ago, Alchemist79 said:

Not to mention the range thingy

Your T5 BBs have upwards of 600mm of penetration, and you have over 300mm of combined armor on a New York.

Cruisers jump from 76mm of armor to a whopping 100mm of armor at those tiers.

This is going to sound blunt, but you need to git gud.
Read some guides, look up some videos, that sort of thing.

• Cool 1

Players
15 posts
770 battles

I read all of them. 

Are you going to say it doesnt matter if you have more or less armor and a bigger or smaller caliber ?

I hope you do understand that with the armor being adjusted for angle, it is not just being able to pen a ship or not. It means being able to pen it at better or worse angles. Including the angles from the projectiles coming down. In total, it simply means that the hitbox that you actually can penetrate grows or shrinks. (and thus with dispersion, more or fewer shots actually hitting that area). Dont act as if it doesnt matter.

PS: a player base that acts like this also doesn't really help the game grow. Either you can be real, admit the issue instead of deny it and try to improve the game, or you can chase new players away and let everything be as it is. Its no surprise of course in a game where 95% of the players are constantly blaming their team mates for being bad (ye thats a problem eh, that means bad players must be blaming other players of being bad) that the best response they can come up with is "you have to get good"

[PUPSI]
Players
5,872 posts
Vor 41 Minuten, Ubertron_X sagte:

Zitat

Battletier XI & XII, so T10 ships will be downtiered as well?
They’ve emulated it already (not real testing, just modelling, and statistics). Modelling showed that T10 battles would be assembled very slowly, the matchmaker would need a longer cue, while T8 battles would be assembled very quickly. T8 ships currently are toptier in 55% of the battles, 13% in T9 battles, and 33% in T10 battles. T8 is in a comfortable spot now. If the distribution gets too skewed, they’ll modify it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/7xxfm7/072_qa_transcript_with_lordofdroid_and_sub/

[BGBRD]
Players
164 posts
8,569 battles

I read all of them. 

Are you going to say it doesnt matter if you have more or less armor and a bigger or smaller caliber ?

I hope you do understand that with the armor being adjusted for angle, it is not just being able to pen a ship or not. It means being able to pen it at better or worse angles. Including the angles from the projectiles coming down. In total, it simply means that the hitbox that you actually can penetrate grows or shrinks. Dont act as if it doesnt matter.

Did you saw this...

He was uptiered... like you :)

Players
15 posts
770 battles

BTW, i do understand one argument against it that none of you actually managed to come up with: 

The player base is probably too small to have 10 tiers of ships and make seperate battles for each tier. 

The solution: reduce the number of available tiers. (just upgrade or downgrade existing ships to fit into the new tiers) 

[DC-DK]
Players
1,782 posts
22,478 battles
7 minutes ago, Alchemist79 said:

I dont understand how you all act like im insane. 
How is it normal to have a game that matches its players unfairly like that ?
How would it matter that it has been worse in the past ?

yes i have played many many free to play games. I have a very strong principle of not depositing when they are P2W and depositing decently (like 50$ which is a normal price for a game) for those that are not P2W. I have reached the top in many of them, even those that are P2W and i didnt pay a dime. 
In this case its not even that its pay to win. I don't really view this game as too much P2W, which is why i did deposit a bit already and would be ready to deposit more in the future. (although i do think that the prices are ridiculous and you should get much more for 50$ than a few months premium)

And its nonsense to blame this on learning to play. I know how to aim and angle. How can you deny the difference in armor and projectile caliber ? Maybe you are the one who need to learn the game ?
I dont mind people disagreeing, but i do mind nonsense bogus arguments.

Everyone one is in the same boat. Would -1+1 MM be more fair? It would make anything easier that's for sure. Many of the best games I ever had and some of my personal records was as bottom tier. Its all about the challenge and accept that challenge. Will everything get easier when you start getting a better player when down tiered? yes it will! you'll be more self confident in your own abilities and skills.

Players
15 posts
770 battles
2 minutes ago, OTECa1 said:

Did you saw this...

He was uptiered... like you :)

Does that mean anything ? 

Do you think i have not had a single good game when being uptiered ? 

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
4,998 battles

PS: a player base that acts like this also doesn't really help the game grow. Either you can be real, admit the issue instead of deny it and try to improve the game, or you can chase new players away and let everything be as it is.

The problem is not the +-2 MM. The problem is the amount of times you get shoved into the bottom tier, and that WG put in the protected MM. The protected MM was in my opinion a mistake. Giving newer players a safe space sounds fine in theory, but in practice it means that once you are out of it you get hit in the face with a shovel. And since tier 4-3 is so protected tier 5 ships are often sucked into higher tier games to fill in the gap. Tier 5 used to be the learning tier, but sadly that is no longer the case. So in general tier 5 is where you really need to learn the things you might not have learned before, and new things that become really important (angling, detection, overmatch etc).

If you overcome tier 5 then MM stops being much of an issue for a while, tier 6 has improved a lot and is often a more balanced tier.

[YEEET]
Players
1,161 posts
10,856 battles

To be fair, Tier 5 is the most unforgiving tier. It does get better! Tier 7 is far better as even when uptiered, you have a chance. Having said that, Tier 5 DDs are best played at Tier 7!! Fujin in particular!

[BGBRD]
Players
164 posts
8,569 battles
3 minutes ago, Alchemist79 said:

Does that mean anything ? 

Do you think i have not had a single good game when being uptiered ? 

So where is the problem... its to hard for you to "git gud"... this rant will get you nowhare. You just embarrass yourself.