Sign in to follow this  
CaptJack_Sparrow

Scenarios are a little broken for the stars

8 comments in this topic

Players
90 posts
3,703 battles

Well I have read the patch notes and I knew it was coming, however I believe scenarios have been broken to high heaven. The T7 scenario this week for instance is near-impossible, even with communication and clan members filling in the rest. The so called AI fix seems to have turned them in to Skynet, i'm a little concerned that WG would release a 'patch' to fix something and completely near-break it (no surprise there though). Something tells me they haven't been doing their tests or at least listening to the community... What a surprise :cap_like:

If they have done testing on the new 'buffed' AI then I sure want to see some replays of them completing the whole 5 stars.

P.S. I've got 5 stars in this and the other scenarios plenty of times before the patch, this is feedback to tell them it's broken.

• Cool 1

[TRA]
Alpha Tester
6 posts

Absolutely spot on, I have  completed this particular scenario  multiple times but have yet to complete it with more than 3 stars  since the patch, Frustrating isn't the word.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
13,501 posts
10,352 battles

The bots are still stupid, they are just many.

If BB players would use their ships more for tanking, it would be easier.

• Bad 1

[ALYEN]
Players
555 posts
2,078 battles

hmm ... you talking about the operation with the planes ? got 5 stars on 2nd try with Fiji and some other random ships ... however then got wiped a few times with Fiji and Atlanta ... but that was due to my brainfart each time ...

Players
15 posts
1,414 battles

Operation The Ultimate Frontier is properly and utterly broken and infuriating at this point. I played it about 30 times in battleships and cruisers and I must say that the laser accuracy of the bots is downright infuriating.

Not to mention they focus fire like mad. In 75% of the games we would be down 2 cruisers or one cruiser / one battleship on average after the first 3-4 minutes of the game.

Also the chance these bots have to set fires is insane (and they come with Clevelands, Atlantas and other fast firing monsters). I have had MANY games in my Atlanta where I landed no less than 400 shells on enemies but did no more than 1000 (yes, one thousand) fire damage and only started fires 3 or 4 times. Bloody ridiculous.

Plus they come in very large groups and the amount of firepower is overwhelming when combined with the downright retarded high accuracy.

When this kind of performance is repeatedly awarded with a 2-stars loss because the team is slaughtered within the first 5-6 minutes of the game (I was the only ship alive after 10 minutes), it gets frustrating really fast.

IhRpUZC.jpg

Edited by UrsusCelMare
insert image
  • Cool 1

Players
312 posts
4,112 battles
On 4/15/2018 at 10:11 AM, ColonelPete said:

The bots are still stupid, they are just many.

If BB players would use their ships more for tanking, it would be easier.

And tell me why a BB should push forward when the DDs will not spot and the Cruiser s offer no support.

I know players like to blame the BBs when things go bad but this is a team game. If a BB tanks on its own then its just more food for Poseidon.

[CATS]
Players
13,501 posts
10,352 battles

On that map you do not need much spotting as enemies will gladly start shooting if they spot a target, even DD.

If enemies are in range, they will usually be open.

To be honest, the less DD on the players team, the better. BB, Cruiser and CV are more useful.

Cruiser usually shoot at enemies, I rarely see Cruiser doing nothing. Their focus fire could use some improvement.

For these reasons I see no credit for your argument. Without BB tanking, Cruisers cannot open fire and are forced to hide.

The BB must start. If Cruisers start firing without a BB tanking, there is a good chance you will have one less Cruiser on the team.

Additionally you have usually more than one BB in your team. Use that. Coordinate your tanking.

• Cool 1

Players
845 posts
7,653 battles

Yes, Operation Hermes still appears easy to do-able, albeit with my usual Atlanta disclaimer.

I seem to notice the bots in that operation have an increased tendency to target my ship above the others, even if those are closer. Have not been able to figure out their criterion quite yet. But with Concealment Expert, all I need to do to disengage is usually just not fire for 30 seconds, then get away undetected.

Ultimate Frontier was a lot harder for me from the beginning, even before the improved bots, my Atlanta kept getting blown up even before the planes came in. And it still is a lot harder, even in my Scharnhorst which used to be an outstanding ship for that scenario.

Sign in to follow this