You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
VC381

Panasia DDs voice-over?

11 comments in this topic

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,136 battles

I started this line today and got the voice in English even though I use the "National+" setting and I get specific country voices for all other nation ships I play. Is this a bug? I hear the messages in Chinese when I'm playing something else and there are Pan-asia DDs on my team, but not when I play the T2?

• Cool 1

Players
727 posts
11,451 battles

There may be some kind of mess at the file(?) that manages the voice commands, particularily with PA ones. No idea about low tiers, but I've occasionaly heard Takao's voice when a friendly PA DD uses them, although this has happened mainly during a few previous patches, still not with the last one.

Salute.

[BYOB]
Players
2,674 posts
9,788 battles

As far as I know the Chinese voice over was removed several patches ago because of reasons.

If you want to find out which patch it was you can look through them on the wiki.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,652 posts
13,081 battles
23 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

As far as I know the Chinese voice over was removed several patches ago because of reasons.

Nope, I can still select it in the settings.

Maybe it only plays it for PA ships that are actually Chinese?

Then again Longjiang was supposed to be a Chinese ship.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,871 posts
11,295 battles

I have this "error" too.

Thought it was a bug, no idea it's a feature...

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,078 posts
3,751 battles

The PA voices are messed up because on Asia server, lots of players complained to hear a chinese voice on ships that were not chinese ( T3, T7-10 PA DD).

To stop that, WG removed the PA voices and they will also add soon a filter enabling you to see historical flags on these ships or not, according to your sensibility to see the flag of a nation you don't rhink it exists ...

Yeah things are a little complicated in Asia.

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,136 battles

OK fair enough, thanks guys! I thought it might be about individual ships being actually Chinese or not but I didn't realise the mess was this big. No worries, I'll have them with a British voice since I only really care about GM which is British anyway :Smile-_tongue:

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,871 posts
11,295 battles

I can see why folk over there might be B hurt over the voices as the main Mandarin speaking country (China) has its own weird corrupt server that isn't SEA and the PA captains all spoke Mandarin... Then there's the whole political issue with Taiwan too.

Also it's why there's no IJN Rising Sun flags on IJN ships as it's a hate symbol for some folk out there. Although I don't believe it's actually banned anywhere unlike the German swastika.

[BYOB]
Players
2,674 posts
9,788 battles
11 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Nope, I can still select it in the settings.

Maybe it only plays it for PA ships that are actually Chinese?

Then again Longjiang was supposed to be a Chinese ship.

That's right, you're wrong. Patch notes for 0.7.1 state:

- Disabled national voiceovers for Pan-Asian ships. The voiceovers specific for the player's region or the voice mod selected in the settings will be played instead even if the national voiceovers are selected.

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,136 battles

Yup, I missed that in the patch notes. Does make sense given the tension in the region.