Sark74

1000 Doubloon Camoflague

15 comments in this topic

[THGZ]
Players
124 posts
2,390 battles

Hi, 

I just got a Super container with 1000 Doubloons in it, is the Camouflage that you buy for 1000, worth it? and can i apply it to all my ships, i mean have it on 6 ships at the same time for example? 

Cheers

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,554 posts
6,385 battles
9 minutes ago, Sark74 said:

Hi, 

I just got a Super container with 1000 Doubloons in it, is the Camouflage that you buy for 1000, worth it? and can i apply it to all my ships, i mean have it on 6 ships at the same time for example? 

Cheers

Permanent camos are ship-locked - you have it only for the ship for which you bought it, and you have to separately buy it for each ship that you want it. Bright side - after you buy it you don't lose it, never need to resupply it.

I'd say it's very worth it if you plan to play that ship a lot - but if you are just grinding through it with no intention to play the ship afterwards - no, not worth it in that case.

• Cool 1

[THGZ]
Players
124 posts
2,390 battles

its not worth it then .. as my highest ship is a Tier 8 .. maybe if i get a Teir 10 1 day..

much appreciated :) 

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,554 posts
6,385 battles
26 minutes ago, Sark74 said:

its not worth it then .. as my highest ship is a Tier 8 .. maybe if i get a Teir 10 1 day..

much appreciated :)

They tend to be very useful for tier 9 and especially tier 10, but they get more expensive as you go up through tiers (the t10 one costs 5000 gold for example). The big bonus you are looking at for high tiers is reduced service costs which would allow you to go equal on or even make some credits there :cap_like:

Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles
1 hour ago, Sark74 said:

Maybe you can concider to buy the premium camo for the CLEVELAND. Now it is a tier6 ship, but with the upcoming USN cruiser tech tree split, the Cleveland will be a tier8 light cruiser. If you own the premium camo of the Cleveland will keep the camo when it becomes tier8 AND you get the premium camo for tier6 replacement (Pensacola). With spending 1,000 doubloons you will get two camos for the price of one.

If you like american cruisers this can be an option. But on the other hand, if you do not enjoy playing them, the premium camos are never a good investment. Buy them only for ships you really, really like playing on a daily basis.

• Cool 1

[BGNAV]
Players
741 posts
13,827 battles
3 hours ago, Sark74 said:

Hi, 

Cheers

currently only T6 permacamo that worth is Cleveland one because u will get permcamo and for the T8 Cleve after the split

at T10 camos cost 5k gold

[H_FAN]
Players
1,861 posts
20,796 battles
12 hours ago, Sark74 said:

Hi, 

Cheers

I would give the advice to think about it carefully like the other posts if you play the ship and think you do it in the future. Also your approach to the game moneywise.

You have few games so the answers are good but if you really get hooked in the game and are ready to spend a fortune like me my reasoning is like this: 

I have bought several prem camos mostly at tier 6 (1000) tier 7 2000 and tier 10 5000 doubloons.

Many of these I bought during summer 2017 when you recieved gold for buying duplicate premium ships at 50% discount and therefor I paid in practical terms only 2500 Gold for T10. These kind of opportunities (often also in expensive ship bundles) to get gold for less than par gives the calculation a different result. I bought for most of my T10s then. 

I think that @wilkatis_LV point is good but forgets one thing, when you come to tier 10 you will not move that captain further and when you finally reach the 19 point level the extra XPs really produces elite XP with plenty speed without having to use premium single use camos. The break even is depending on camo with just 100 XP bonus 100 games (but your bonuses are better then those).

I have so many prem camos (on most of my T10s but not all) and so many premium ships so for me the key thing today is not credits but the EliteXp production

For me midtier play is fun so the 1000 gold (or 2000) for ships like KGV QE Lyon La Gal, Algerie which I have grinded through recently (and in circumsstances of less time and more money) is a calculation vs single use prem camos, if I more or less reach break even I buy the prem camo and saves my won single use prem camos for the tougher grind at tier 8-9 and those ships like the PA DDs that I do not want to keep playing , but just collecting. Now pay attention to missions, several missions like f.e. the normandie mission gives you a perma camo (you will get the camo even if you do not have the ship so when you recieve the ship its waiting for you) , by this way several peram camos have been given free at T6 and T8, not always with the same bonuses the T8 are more captain training if I remember now (not sitting with game client computer now).

But buy them on those you play, but as a general rule it is not the first thing I would spend money on that is premium account as that accelerates XP and credits a lot, better the longer you buy, and at mid tiers and up absolutely recommended, well before prem camos.

I think I have bought over 20 permacamos but only on a few T8 and 9 (IJN DDs old line and some new) as I took advantage of the split. That is also why Cleveland is mentioned by @principat121.

Such split opportunities should be exploited. But wait to the exact info as these earlier has been announced before the split.

Now for me it is the best game and as a naval buff (nerd) this game is my dream regardless of the many faults but that is coming from the person which in the world has spent most hours on Master of Orion 1.  

Therefor I have stated my reasoning and it is up to you how a person with a more sensible! approach would buy, because I think the decision method is of value even for you as a newbie.

Players
2,632 posts
3,455 battles

like other people already said.

if you want to play a ship very often and you enjoy it, buy the perks camo - especially, if it looks great.

i brought a permanent camo for my gaede and Leander, because i lime to play both ships, the camos look nice and i really enjoy tier six.

endgame is what you decide. 

[THGZ]
Players
124 posts
2,390 battles

thanks for all the replies, I've deceided to wait, and see how it does :) i'll probably just leave the doubloons there.. spend em later.. 

Players
123 posts
3,141 battles
On 14/04/2018 at 11:41 PM, principat121 said:

Maybe you can concider to buy the premium camo for the CLEVELAND. Now it is a tier6 ship, but with the upcoming USN cruiser tech tree split, the Cleveland will be a tier8 light cruiser. If you own the premium camo of the Cleveland will keep the camo when it becomes tier8 AND you get the premium camo for tier6 replacement (Pensacola). With spending 1,000 doubloons you will get two camos for the price of one.

If you like american cruisers this can be an option. But on the other hand, if you do not enjoy playing them, the premium camos are never a good investment. Buy them only for ships you really, really like playing on a daily basis.

On 15/04/2018 at 12:54 AM, _VAMPA_ said:

currently only T6 permacamo that worth is Cleveland one because u will get permcamo and for the T8 Cleve after the split

at T10 camos cost 5k gold

Are you guys sure about this? I mean is there any official statement of this kind because even I was planning to do the same, but was worried if they said 'nah screw you'. What if they give you T6 Pensa's prem camo (Which I do not need one bit) without T8 cleve's? 

[PUPSI]
Players
5,861 posts
Vor 9 Minuten, GeneralSavage sagte:

I mean is there any official statement of this kind

not afaik, but for the last two splits they handled it this way (at least as far as I remember), so it is very likely. But at least I will wait until an offical announcement before I buy some more premium camos...

• Cool 1

Players
1 post
63 battles

don't use doubloons for T10 premium camo below ( but some ships are worth with premium camo like Fletcher and cleveland)

Collect more doubloons from the SC and wait until some events they will discount ships and add them to the tech tree!

like Black friday in 2017, they gave almost all premiums ships in the tech tree. I have bought anshan for only 2300 doubloons :D 

[ETD5]
Players
192 posts
1,453 battles
2 hours ago, n1T_GnoRT said:

don't use doubloons for T10 premium camo below ( but some ships are worth with premium camo like Fletcher and cleveland)

Collect more doubloons from the SC and wait until some events they will discount ships and add them to the tech tree!

like Black friday in 2017, they gave almost all premiums ships in the tech tree. I have bought anshan for only 2300 doubloons :D 

Well, last week al permament camos from until T9 where discounted at 50%. I used that discount to get the cleveland camo.

• Cool 1

[ASEET]
Beta Tester
118 posts
3,953 battles
On 16/04/2018 at 4:25 PM, Klopirat said:

not afaik, but for the last two splits they handled it this way (at least as far as I remember), so it is very likely. But at least I will wait until an offical announcement before I buy some more premium camos...

Maybe you should look at their devblog in facebook..

[PUPSI]
Players
5,861 posts
Vor 4 Stunden, Skiie sagte:

Maybe you should look at their devblog in facebook..

you are aware that my post is one month old?

Sign in to follow this