You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

Ultimate frontier ruined

About the chances WG made in the last patch regarding ultimate frontier operation.  

174 members have voted

1. 1. About the chances WG made in the last patch regarding ultimate frontier operation.

• yes, keep it relaxing and fun. Please chance it back as it was.
    • No, I always wanted the HARD mode, so, bring on the pain (and no stars)

330 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
1,379 posts
5,519 battles

Well, after  some numbers of ops played (around 40) I find that ultimate frontier it's ruined, unplayable.

the bots are too strong.

they hit fast, hard and in numbers and the teams simply can't coup with that.

before, 3 stars wins were the exception, now the rule it's no stars at all, some games are lost as soon as the Pensa bot kills all the planes, don't remember such a thing before.

so, @MrConwayand others.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 3

[OSWEG]
Players
162 posts
3,264 battles

Its completely playable in a clan team. Unfortunately the average IQ of people playing operations are lower than that of a dead schimp which makes operations unplayable in general.

I for one have had it with it, something needs to be done about these people because they ruin it for everyone not only in operations but in random battles aswell.

• Cool 7

[CATS]
Players
13,651 posts
10,389 battles

I won only 5/6 in random. Yeah, unplayable :fish_palm:

Maybe try to analyze what went wrong and stop blaming others for your failures...

• Cool 3
  • Bad 9
  • Angry 1

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,080 posts
3,758 battles

Way too much BBs that are passive in this scenario (or focusing the wrong targets) and a lot of cruisers that die way too early.

The problem is not the scenario, it's the players ...

• Cool 6
  • Bad 1

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Players
1,799 posts
24,895 battles
47 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

Well, after  some numbers of ops played (around 40) I find that ultimate frontier it's ruined, unplayable.

the bots are too strong.

they hit fast, hard and in numbers and the teams simply can't coup with that.

before, 3 stars wins were the exception, now the rule it's no stars at all, some games are lost as soon as the Pensa bot kills all the planes, don't remember such a thing before.

so, @MrConwayand others.

Not had a chance to play that scenario yet, but was told it's pretty tough.

+1 to OP

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[BYOB]
Players
2,694 posts
9,853 battles

Hey WG, if I want to try hard mode then I'll play Emerald. I don't have anything against operations offering a challenge, but there are limits.

If Ultimate Frontier is an example how ops are going to be in the future, then I'll play another mode because I don't play this game to get frustrated.

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,160 posts
9,954 battles

Biased poll.

I want a challenge and I want stars.

I want the "hard" mode - perhaps the Ops might finally be some challenge then.

And probably will still get 5-star wins.

As it is now, if you want them to be somewhat challenging, you have to play them in a 5- or 6-player division.

:::edit:::

It also sucks that they excluded T5 ships from the Ops - it was fun and more challenging to play the Ops in a (nearly) full T5 division.

WG, allow T5s in Ops again! :etc_red_button:

• Cool 3

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,562 posts
6,392 battles
1 hour ago, Butterdoll said:

the bots are too strong

218.png_large

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
879 posts
11,126 battles

There would be a "simple" solution. ...finally implementing hard mode. Then balance normal around random teams, and hard around divisions more than three people. Done.

• Cool 3

Players
503 posts
1,775 battles

I kind of enjoy it how it is, but it's also kind of crap doing it with randoms since they often die early and you are left with 2-3 ships for the final push. Just put it back how it was, and introduce hard mode. That way people who like a  challenge can play it like this (or even turn it up a notch since it will probably be populated by more "elite" divs and people looking for a challenge) and then the guys who want a relaxing mode can play normal.

The thing I enjoy about (most) ops is that it's a good relief from being frustrated by bad teammates since it mostly doesn't matter if people are good or not. I'd rather the normal mode be toned down so I don't have to mash my head againt my desk when a ship decides to go on an adventure in the wrong direction or trading with a ship early on.

• Cool 9

Players
289 posts
812 battles

i was going to do this operation but i see soo many comments (both in-game and on forum) that makes me wonder if i should even bother.

[POP]
Weekend Tester
491 posts

It's probably true that the operation is now a bit harder than before, but it's not because bots are too good, it's because the random players are typically very, very, very bad. We took a 3-man somewhat competent group into a match and failed to get 5 stars because we didn't quite realize early enough that the forts need a bit more AAA support now. After that I went solo a few times and no matter what I did there was no carrying the random teams. When asking for nerfs to the mission you need to ask yourselves just how many decent players out of seven should you need to have to win in a team based game mode in a team based game. If the answer is three or more, it might already be just fine.

[L4GG]
Players
1,379 posts
5,519 battles
Alle 4/14/2018 alle 18:04, ColonelPete ha scritto:

Maybe try to analyze what went wrong and stop blaming others for your failures...

There's certainly something wrong when you and another guy it's all that's left of 7 guys...after the second wave. (the first bbs)

or it's the floating turd (Pensa) that make us lose. Not once, not twice but more times that would be normal. Being the normal (before), none.

And when the dds appear (whiskey guys) the team (not full combat effective, by then) is being pressed by all sides.

the few times the team, whatever the team, pass them (usually, one bb and one dying CA) the port it's overrunned by the bots.

And... you know, the WoWS player base was not replaced by aliens overnight. At least that I know ...

@AdmiralDing3Ling you can say and think what you want about the WoWS player base, but I always played solo (for no particular reason) and I did always just fine in operations, yes an occasional epic defeat here and there but nothing like 98% wipe outs and the players are the same when I did my best ops games.

And clans are not a guarantee, most of them are meh ops wise. 

@wilkatis_LV laugh as much as you want but I will say it again

the bots are too strong. They are hitting harder and they are better organised than before. Especially when the casualties start to pile up and you have got to "multitask" (lack of a better word).

In my last game I asked the other two bbs to go help the cruisers, while I went for the Atlanta, with Kato, the Cleveland went for me because there wasn't anyone there.

Next time I will  shove my Ubercruiser down their bbs throats.

@lup3s Some guys asked for the HARD mode, well here we are.

Something tells me that won't be a NORMAL and HARD mode because time in the queue (I remember the time when I spent 5 minutes back in tier I waiting, did you eared something from me?)

But if the two levels will coexist, no problem, each one of us get to choose from the two.

But if you (you as in general) want more, just go competitive, the challenge it's there.

If you don't find challenging anymore, co-op, random, ops.(the large amount of the player base)

Just go to the next level

ranked, CWs, and so on. 

I too wanted to see t5 back in ops. (at the time if I remember I was almost alone in defending the t5s in ops). 

Alle 4/14/2018 alle 22:12, AndyHill ha scritto:

enough that the forts need a bit more AAA support now

that never changed, from before to now.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[POP]
Weekend Tester
491 posts
2 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

that never changed, from before to now.

Am I remembering things wrong or didn't they increase the survival requirement for forts from 2 to 3? I could easily be mistaken, I haven't done the operations that much.

[L4GG]
Players
1,379 posts
5,519 battles
6 minutes ago, AndyHill said:

Am I remembering things wrong or didn't they increase the survival requirement for forts from 2 to 3? I could easily be mistaken, I haven't done the operations that much.

that I don't know but they always could be destroyed by ships and planes, so the presence of support was always needed.

I'm going now to a starless sky.

[CATS]
Players
13,651 posts
10,389 battles

If you lose that many ships to the second wave, the Operation is not the problem.

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
1,060 posts
14,079 battles
4 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

First of all you came here talking about random , which is not what this topic is about.

What you said makes no sense. You just got a lucky roll because i bet u lost a few games in a row like all of us.

You have 33% wr recently on wows-number so talking out of your [edited]?

You call this a failure on my side or the team

IDdbRkU.png

shot-18_04.14_12_07.41-0477.thumb.jpg.27e8e165dc9a6f029ca8b969dc89792f.jpg

shot-18.04.07_10.22.35-0405.jpg

• Bad 1

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,261 posts
7,954 battles

Didn't notice any changes. I just noticed that most players are *edited*.

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate language
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
788 posts
6,868 battles

If they made it harder, it's nothing too dramatic.

The bots and the different situations "feel" about the same old to me. But the late operation can be difficult if 4 of your guys have died early. So I dunno.

It's more demanding than some of the other operations in that if you go alone to some parts of the map, they become death traps. Basically the entire team needs to anticipate a little bit where they'll have to be.

[CATS]
Players
13,651 posts
10,389 battles
19 minutes ago, Ysterpyp said:

First of all you came here talking about random , which is not what this topic is about.

What you said makes no sense. You just got a lucky roll because i bet u lost a few games in a row like all of us.

You have 33% wr recently on wows-number so talking out of your [edited]?

You call this a failure on my side or the team

IDdbRkU.png

shot-18_04.14_12_07.41-0477.thumb.jpg.27e8e165dc9a6f029ca8b969dc89792f.jpg

shot-18.04.07_10.22.35-0405.jpg

Random teams..., not Random Game Mode....

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,261 posts
7,954 battles

I think players got spoiled by last weeks's OP (basically cannot be lost).

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
13,651 posts
10,389 battles

That might be true. Aegis is still my favourite Citadel farming Operation. Good for training my cruiser captains on Tier VI.

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
1,060 posts
14,079 battles
24 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Random teams..., not Random Game Mode....

my bad 

Players
918 posts
8,318 battles

Not sure if they changeg something, won this operation often in the past. Now its almost always a loss, player quality must have gone down massively.