You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jack_Sparrow123

lol mode?

18 comments in this topic

Players
122 posts
10,972 battles

This will be maybe *Edit idea but I hate when each 2nd 3rd game I`m interrupted because 1000 points reached or similar and enemy ships are still on the sea. It is really annoying. I play it for fun not for collecting 1000 points. I have nothing against Standard battle, Domination but has to be each game race with time?

This could be new game mode like Randoms, Co-op or just could be randomly included in Randoms with possibility to select or disselect it in Options. 

So point is.... This is Randoms without bases, caps and 20 mins timer. In summary nothing can interrupt you from playing, until last ship goes to bottom. Of course there is 1 situation which is awkward and it is that ship with good conceal can hide from enemy to infinity. I have no solution for this if even some exists, but who would do this? Of course there always can appear some troll doing this or win game like this, because all enemy players get bored and disconnect, but this mode is not strictly aimed for fair victory or lose. I think it is not real to ensure this without timer or some cap. But when there is situation like 2 BBs remain against 1 DD, yes DD will always hide and torp BBs to death if he don`t make some mistake. BBs can disconnect anytime if bored and who don`t like this mode can unmark it in options. Such match can last for hours so people who went in port can take their ship immediately to next battle, just they press BATTLE! and all credits and flags will be transferred because this number is known after ship death (or disconnect). If player has not enough credits error message will appear and has to take another ship.

Edited by Rvirgo
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to wrong language.
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 9

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
35 minutes ago, Jack_Sparrow_______ said:

This will be maybe stupid idea but I hate when each 2nd 3rd game I`m interrupted because 1000 points reached or similar and enemy ships are still on the sea. It is really annoying. I play it for fun not for collecting 1000 points. I have nothing against Standard battle, Domination but has to be each game race with time?

So point is.... This is Randoms without bases, caps and 20 mins timer. In summary nothing can interrupt you from playing, until last ship goes to bottom.

I's certainly a stupid thread and not the first you make about the fact that match objectives are - gasp - relevant. It was also explained to you to death WHY exactly objectives are important to avoid the ultimate campfest where the pushing team would be punished for showing any kind of initiative: if one team pushes and the other camps, the nature of a game like this, from ballistics to island cover to expected player behavior (easier to coordinate defense than attack) put the attacking team at disadvantage.

Sorry that we don't emphasize with you and your "brilliant" idea that the perfect kind of match is the one where nothing happens until one team gets bored enough to push - and lose the match by doing so.

• Funny 1

Players
552 posts
4,472 battles

You yourself pointed out - in your own post - why exactly this is such a terrible idea. The griefing potential is staggering. If you really think that people wouldn't just hide away to drag out a losing battle and make everyone miserable, you've clearly not been on the internet for very long. Hell, some games like EVE online RELY on people being utter shitheads in order to function. To think that your purported system would work better because of "common decency" is unbearably naive.

Players
1,954 posts
5,895 battles

You could set up all kinds of different game modes with the training room and enough people, though the training room has its own limits.

I'd love to try out some silly ones like maybe 20 vs 20 or 2 teams roughly equally strong but with all tiers present. Or a game including lots of carriers. But just to do crazy stuff.

I'm not so sure about doing this for randoms though.

[TCG]
Players
1,226 posts
11,886 battles

Even on domination mode, most of players are camping at base. Idea seems *fun* but.. yea.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,255 posts
7,335 battles

Reaching 1000 points won't happen very fast and isn't a big problem. The problem is you can go negative in few minutes and lose battle before you have even chance to do anything.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,962 posts
5,445 battles

More like lol topic.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
617 posts
5,635 battles

What a terrible idea and a pointless as waste of internets.

Does anyone else suspect OP as a player who snipes/camps and doesn't get the damage he feels he deserves before his team wins the game for him?

• Funny 1

Players
877 posts
11,126 battles

Soo...

You are proposing a gamemode that would be so boring, that you literally don't want to punish people who disconnect out of boredom?

:DDDDDDDDd

Today, I saw something new.

• Funny 2

[KAKE]
Players
645 posts
2,692 battles

Sounds like troll heaven. Two ships remaining in the match decide to screw around, and everyone else has their ship stuck in battle for several hours.

I'll stick to modes with a time limit, thank you.

• Funny 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
453 posts
5,670 battles

Back in the day u could get a Draw game if time went out and noone got the cap on standard mode. Sole reason players wanted Points to tick up during the game to prevent these dragged out matches.

So, no. I don`t want to og back to that again. It`s a horrible idea to have games going on forever.

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,123 posts
2,189 battles
4 hours ago, Jack_Sparrow_______ said:

This will be maybe stupid idea but I hate when each 2nd 3rd game I`m interrupted because 1000 points reached or similar and enemy ships are still on the sea. It is really annoying. I play it for fun not for collecting 1000 points. I have nothing against Standard battle, Domination but has to be each game race with time?

This could be new game mode like Randoms, Co-op or just could be randomly included in Randoms with possibility to select or disselect it in Options. 

So point is.... This is Randoms without bases, caps and 20 mins timer. In summary nothing can interrupt you from playing, until last ship goes to bottom. Of course there is 1 situation which is awkward and it is that ship with good conceal can hide from enemy to infinity. I have no solution for this if even some exists, but who would do this? Of course there always can appear some troll doing this or win game like this, because all enemy players get bored and disconnect, but this mode is not strictly aimed for fair victory or lose. I think it is not real to ensure this without timer or some cap. But when there is situation like 2 BBs remain against 1 DD, yes DD will always hide and torp BBs to death if he don`t make some mistake. BBs can disconnect anytime if bored and who don`t like this mode can unmark it in options. Such match can last for hours so people who went in port can take their ship immediately to next battle, just they press BATTLE! and all credits and flags will be transferred because this number is known after ship death (or disconnect). If player has not enough credits error message will appear and has to take another ship.

It would never work. Somebody in a steathy DD would just run around the map hiding until everybody else gave up in frustration. Apparently in the early days of WoWS there was a death mode, you had to kill the enemy team to win, but it didn't work because people ran away and hid.

[HAERT]
Players
2,024 posts

Last time you proposed this (why didn't you just reuse the thread from the other week?) people thought it was silly, people still think it's silly.

Give it up it's a daft idea with no merit.

[SCRUB]
Players
6,914 posts
9,129 battles
6 hours ago, Kenliero said:

Reaching 1000 points won't happen very fast and isn't a big problem. The problem is you can go negative in few minutes and lose battle before you have even chance to do anything.

Eh, the losing team in both scenarios has to suck really, really hard if the lose in a handful minutes due to points eclipsing 1000 or bottoming out at 0.

Like, ignoring all caps and dying without managing to kill a single enemy kind of sucking hard.

I consider that a mercy-killing.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,559 posts
9,087 battles

You know, sometimes I find myself being critical of myself.
I have a stressful job, and come the Christmas rush, it may put a heavy bias on my views of mankind's intellect.
After all, am I in my right mind to judge?
Do I have a moral, philosophical right to compare my intellect to others?
What does "stupid" mean anyways?
Stupid compared to what?
Are my own experiences obfuscating  the glorious intellect of humanity?
The trememdous achievements from sending a man to the moon.
Or even the average person's ability to read, write and speak a complex pattern of characters while operating a high tech piece of electronics.

Then someone like the OP says something and it all comes rushing back.
Nope, the average person is ****ing retarded.

Players
1,954 posts
5,895 battles
On 14-4-2018 at 10:11 AM, Accelerated said:

Even on domination mode, most of players are camping at base. Idea seems *fun* but.. yea.

No they aren't.

[TCG]
Players
1,226 posts
11,886 battles
4 saat önce, NothingButTheRain dedi:

No they aren't.

Sure they aren't