Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_Dunk_Squad

How can you warn people for AFKing if the client breaks and refuses to load people in most of the time?

23 comments in this topic

[HAERT]
Players
2,025 posts
8 minutes ago, The_Dunk_Squad said:

See title. May want to fix all the numerous client-side bugs first.

While I've had occasional issues with client crashes, I've not had more than 2 in the last 3 weeks., I'm not sure I'd describe that as most of the time. None of my clanmates have  mentioned frequent issues in the recent weeks either.

What have you done to try to fix the issues you're having?

Fix and Repair in the client tool?

Removed all mods?

Fresh client install?

PC drivers up to date?

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,440 posts
7,788 battles

While I understand the issue, it's also your responsibility to try and get the game running reliably.

Go through the standard checklist of running in safe-mode, reinstalling, updating drivers etc. When you run out of things to try you pop over to the support website where you'll probably have to run some WG application which checks things like connection quality to their servers. Then you contact support.

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
1 hour ago, The_Dunk_Squad said:

See title. May want to fix all the numerous client-side bugs first.

I think I've had just a couple AFK incidents myself. Problems with connection or the game do happen sometimes - usually, however, even if the client drops you to log-in or even crashes, I can reload and re-join. When that happens I am late for the party but not treated as an AFKer (0 XP). And it might be that my system is unusually stable, but even if I was penalized each time ANYONE in the match got 0 XP - that would still make a really tiny minority of matches. And there's 24 people in each match. So if you find yourself being unable to load in at all with any degree of regularity - you have a problem on your side of things AND are a big inconvenience to many teams - MUCH more often than even a typical hardware-impaired player (you know, the kind that has their Internet delivered in buckets that need to be poured manually into the toaster they play on :Smile-_tongue:). It kinda sucks for you, even more so if you're going to be penalized additionally, but if it's this bad, maybe you should be somewhat responsible for fixing that?

It's one thing if someone's game/computer crashes from time to time, but I REALLY doubt if - at the rate it can be expected to normally happen - anybody would end up punished for that. And even if it did happen - it would be rare enough that going through these couple required co-op matches shouldn't be a problem.

Players
161 posts
5,853 battles

it used to be easy to tell the difference, has that changed?

turrets still pointing fore and aft meant crashed

turrets aligned meant afk

Beta Tester
1,820 posts
2,546 battles

Funny, I haven't had any issues with loading in before the count down timer since upgrading to a m.2 ssd..coincidence?

Players
144 posts
1,756 battles

My computer is powerful enough to sink the god damn Bismarck. I load in instantly normally, but every so many games, it takes me at least 2 or 3 minutes to load. I've tried reinstalling, checking for missing files, and other common causes, to no avail. 

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
18 minutes ago, The_Dunk_Squad said:

My computer is powerful enough to sink the god damn Bismarck. I load in instantly normally, but every so many games, it takes me at least 2 or 3 minutes to load. I've tried reinstalling, checking for missing files, and other common causes, to no avail. 

If you do load after these 3 minutes and play normally, you're not flagged as an AFK (as you can easily confirm by the fact of receiving XP for the match).

Players
2,266 posts

I tested the new system on the PTS yesterday by leaving a battle before it was over while I was still alive.....instant pink for 1 battle with a warning that I would be orange of I do it again (while being pink I guess). I think the number of pink players in battle lists will go up soon. :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
961 posts
4,863 battles
6 hours ago, The_Dunk_Squad said:

This. The longest I ever had to wait was 11 minutes. Just the other day it took me 5 in the Chung Mu. Thankfully the map was large and I could still manage 120k and the top spot on the winning team. I do however not need the additional stress when running a red dragon and a mosaic camo. Both things you cannot buy and highly valuable. Wg needs to work on optimisation. Everyone and their mother will immediately jump to conclusions about poor pcs and ISDN internet while in reality it is the game more than anything else. 

[-HUN-]
Players
638 posts
7,832 battles

FPS drops haven't been fixed but they're saying it. After like 6 matches the game starts collapsing. First it only drops FPS then small freezes then totally freezes and collapses. My PC isn't Godtier but enugh to run it smoothly yet this happens.

FIX YOUR GODDAMN GAME IF YOU WANT MONEY!

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,013 posts
2 hours ago, bushwacker001 said:

I tested the new system on the PTS yesterday by leaving a battle before it was over while I was still alive.....instant pink for 1 battle with a warning that I would be orange of I do it again (while being pink I guess). I think the number of pink players in battle lists will go up soon. :Smile_smile:

Wow that sounds quite rigorous....

Good, the faster that kind of people are gone the better.

I just hope WG realizes that these people will just afk some T1 coop games to get rid of the penalty. I hope they make it so that afk coop games don't count as game when getting rid of the orange penalty.

Edit:

Oh btw, does anybody know what they did with that spotting/rendering mechanic? Did they delay the minimap or did they increase the rendering of the actual ship (like in Tanks I believe)? I haven't had the chance to try the PTS yet.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,861 posts
20,796 battles

Well for me its not the loading problem it is that the game crashes (freezes) somewhere mid game so one must log in and out and then you are often sunk when you return, can happen anytime during game. I would say that it happens 1 in 20-30 or so, and yes I have a modern pc, swedish internet (very good) , no mods,  and have checked game integrity- however I have seen that win10 might be an issue but then it is nothing I can do anything about.

Players
552 posts
4,472 battles

Who gives a crap? If you're AFK, you're don't deserve to play. Period, end of story. It is YOUR responsibility to make sure that your connection isn't complete garbage, WG isn't going to come to your house and fix your router for you so until you get a decent internet connection or stop *Edit after hitting "BATTLE", stop playing.

Edited by Rvirgo
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to wrong language.

[AAA-]
Players
631 posts
4,791 battles
On 14/04/2018 at 12:42 PM, FishDogFoodShack said:

Who gives a crap? If you're AFK, you're don't deserve to play. Period, end of story. It is YOUR responsibility to make sure that your connection isn't complete garbage, WG isn't going to come to your house and fix your router for you so until you get a decent internet connection or stop *Edit after hitting "BATTLE", stop playing.

AFK can happen for a lot of reasons beyond players fault that is why I never report players for being AFK . Although it has not happened to me for a long time (playing on the same PC and connection etc.) there are times you enter battle last or later like 10-30 secs if I then see the last response on chat is report that xxx for AFK I don't really am in the mood to help the team into a victory draw your own conclusions. The same goes for insults in cases where the last one standing can still turn the game into a victory . 

The one not getting through into battle are (in my case) already angry for not being able to get through no need to punish them further. 

If now I am to spend mony on this (wich I did since I started) find myself in situations where if I enter 10 seconds late get blamed and have to be orange or punished to play Coop how much will my enthusiasm to buy premium, skins, ships etc. sink?   

I will tell you it will drop rock bottom and it will be the case with most gamers it can turn into players getting annoyed and walk away from this game. No loss you say? the sooner those players are gone you say? Maybe if you had hudreds of thousands of spending players left but from what I heard you aint got that many and in the end you will have longer waiting ques or random battles filled with bots.

Players
552 posts
4,472 battles
3 minutes ago, SteDorff said:

AFK can happen for a lot of reasons beyond players fault that is why I never report players for being AFK . Although it has not happened to me for a long time (playing on the same PC and connection etc.) there are times you enter battle last or later like 10-30 secs if I then see the last response on chat is report that xxx for AFK I don't really am in the mood to help the team into a victory draw your own conclusions. The same goes for insults in cases where the last one standing can still turn the game into a victory . 

The one not getting through into battle are (in my case) already angry for not being able to get through no need to punish them further. 

If now I am to spend mony on this (wich I did since I started) find myself in situations where if I enter 10 seconds late get blamed and have to be orange or punished to play Coop how much will my enthusiasm to buy premium, skins, ships etc. sink?   

So you're telling me that if and when people suspect you of being AFK, you have a total shitfit and refuse to play the match anymore? It sounds to me like there is indeed reason to punish players like you further.

Either grind our your games in coop for being afk or, like I said, stop playing. Either way, you'll stop ruining the games of the 11 other people on your team, and noone will miss you.

Players
2,788 posts
15,349 battles
godzinę temu, FishDogFoodShack napisał:

Who gives a crap? If you're AFK, you're don't deserve to play. Period, end of story. It is YOUR responsibility to make sure that your connection isn't complete garbage, WG isn't going to come to your house and fix your router for you so until you get a decent internet connection or stop shitting your pants after hitting "BATTLE", stop playing.

Last time, a few days ago, a problem was with German internet hub, so many people was kicked out of a game in all the Europe. Such things when WG servers (or something elese, which often is not a local problem) are kicking out players tend to happen from time to time.

This new system system would be an idiocy (connection lost/WG server overload/power cut off/etc), when having 10K games I was AFK mayby in a few of them, and i know the people which was AFK in mayby hundreads of them. Stats with close to 0 DMG in many ships.

So after such day of "problems" players would be an orange en masse. Banned perhaps ??

Then WG will say, thay it was internal server problem and what next ?

[DONGS]
Players
385 posts
8,178 battles
15 minutes ago, SteDorff said:

If I understood the posts earlier, arriving late into a game through no fault of your own (client crash) as long as you gain enough xp to prove you are not AFK the whole game (or nautical miles sailed, I don't know but must be some way to track it) you aren't penalised. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[AAA-]
Players
631 posts
4,791 battles
26 minutes ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

So you're telling me that if and when people suspect you of being AFK, you have a total shitfit and refuse to play the match anymore? It sounds to me like there is indeed reason to punish players like you further.

Either grind our your games in coop for being afk or, like I said, stop playing. Either way, you'll stop ruining the games of the 11 other people on your team, and noone will miss you.

No it means that I am fed up with people like you who are are hatefilled and unrespectfull you started what last year? I am in this since 2013.  WG would not miss me or the others but they will miss the money not spent on their game like I said. That is not a threat from me personally just logic reasoning how people could respond. Or bad customer treatment with possible consequences if you like.

Some players have emergencies; someone is at the door - No! don't open the door to the mailman the fire department the police! You have to finish your game first!  because otherwise you are an AFK er and have to be punished.  You have to put out fire in the living room - Not possible! the team will be mad at you and you will be orange and playing in Coop!

Some one has an heart attack - NO! don't help him or her you have to play the game ! You drop dead from your chair Ferboten! Forbidden! or you will face the AFK consequense get my drift?

(cynical text for those who... in any case I Would always leave my keyboard no matter what and help real world problems first)

[OGHF]
Players
528 posts
10,100 battles

I never have a problem getting in to a game, but and it’s a biggish one, my BT router occasionaly reboots it’s self :Smile_facepalm:

So long as I leave the router to it’s own device it will get me back in to game within 5 minutes,  anyone else get this problem?

[FDUSH]
Players
1,044 posts
6,183 battles

I only has one of those in this entire year. And was mainly fault of my computer due extreme overclocking.

Whenever I see an AFK player on my team I report him and don't care why he was afk. No excuses.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Weekend Tester
490 posts
2 hours ago, SteDorff said:

Some players have emergencies; someone is at the door - No! don't open the door to the mailman the fire department the police! You have to finish your game first!

I would strongly advice against starting a battle if your house is on fire.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
753 posts
4,577 battles
2 minutes ago, AndyHill said:

I would strongly advice against starting a battle if your house is on fire.

Also stop dealing drugs....

Sign in to follow this