You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TridentOfNeptune

I will pay no more for this game

76 comments in this topic

Players
25 posts
3,699 battles

The way this horrible match maker penalizes players which are just tiny bit above average is mind blowing.  You win some games and then expect next day to have worst teams of your life with players having zero clue what class they are playing, and losses streak appears no matter what you do. I like game overall, but this MM is such pain in the [edited], so until its fixed you can be sure i will not purchase premium, nor anything from your shop. Do some leagues or something like every potent multiplayer game did, and finish this show of retardation where skills matter less than some stupid [edited]algorithm which wants to make every one have 50% win rate at all costs no matter you suck balls or are unicum. Just wanted to share my opinion on this topic, either you care or not 

• Cool 7
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 1

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles
1 hour ago, TridentOfNeptune said:

stupid [edited]algorithm which wants to make every one have 50% win rate

image.png.e4afa2e18a4ae751e8550efa4abde12d.png

• Funny 6

[BYOB]
Players
2,674 posts
9,788 battles
Spoiler

958.jpg

The MM has been putting people into situations where steamrolls are certain. Might get better when the MM gets changed in the future.

Players
2,155 posts
13,905 battles
44 minutes ago, TridentOfNeptune said:

The way this horrible match maker penalizes players which are just tiny bit above average is mind blowing. 

...and finish this show of retardation where skills matter less than some stupid [edited]algorithm which wants to make every one have 50% win rate at all costs no matter you suck balls or are unicum. ..

This has not been my experience. 

True you will have some bad games or team members, plus unlucky streaks, but that is not MM working against you.

Players like Farazelleth face the same MM as everyone else, but their skill is the deciding factor.

• Cool 2

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles

Each weekend a thread or very similar like this pops up Friday evening, running its course weekend over, gets shut down Monday by the mods, what else is new??? 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles

which wants to make every one have 50% win rate at all costs

Why? What is the plan (by WG) behind this?

But I will never get an answer, because the tin foil hat gives -10 to logical thinking.

• Funny 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,513 posts
6,365 battles

Oh look, an other one of the "I am so important that WG intentionally rigged MM against me" who feel so important that they have to announce them "closing their wallet"

Go play Co-Op, you should have your 95% WR there.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
13,532 posts
10,358 battles

The way this horrible match maker penalizes players which are just tiny bit above average is mind blowing.  You win some games and then expect next day to have worst teams of your life with players having zero clue what class they are playing, and losses streak appears no matter what you do. I like game overall, but this MM is such pain in the [edited], so until its fixed you can be sure i will not purchase premium, nor anything from your shop. Do some leagues or something like every potent multiplayer game did, and finish this show of retardation where skills matter less than some stupid [edited]algorithm which wants to make every one have 50% win rate at all costs no matter you suck balls or are unicum. Just wanted to share my opinion on this topic, either you care or not 

Maybe you play too much and get tired.

15 games per day the last week is a lot.

• Funny 1

[CR33D]
Players
2,888 posts
14,778 battles

You got them right there. WGs all purpose was keeping your WR at 50% by giving you bad teams... :Smile_facepalm:

There are players with 75+% WR after tousends of battles. Dont they have the same "rigged MM" like you  have?

Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles
7 minutes ago, ghostbuster_ said:

There are players with 75+% WR after tousends of battles. Dont they have the same "rigged MM" like you  have?

This is ofc part of the ruse!

There are some hand selected players out there, who achieve higher winrates, just to cover up that the remaining 99% of the players are get screwed by Wargaming!

• Funny 5

Players
25 posts
3,699 battles

Lol I don't feel like quoting so summing up to all these who are making laugh of me, either you lack mathematical skills or just are trolls which play ignorants for purpose. If there is something like match maker, I assume it's for sake of making two teams equally strong. If you are good player, you will get a worse player in your team to even it out. Therefore outcome in the long run is to make everyone 50%, thing you can't get apparently. If someone has 75% win rate means he's good enough to carry such teams, many such good players play in divisions which make it bit easier, and thats it. What I'm saying is there should be some leagues to reduce skill gaps between players, something like ranked but whole year long, so games when one team rolls over another would be rearer.

• Funny 3

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,590 battles
17 minutes ago, TridentOfNeptune said:

either you lack mathematical skills

No.

It's you who doesn't get how probability and randomness works.

17 minutes ago, TridentOfNeptune said:

If there is something like match maker, I assume it's for sake of making two teams equally strong

No. You assume wrong. MM tries to put more-or-less equally strong ships into both teams - and even then all it takes into account are class, tier and nation.

WG explicitly stated, multiple times, that MM in no way takes players' skill into account.

There is only one exception to the "player-blindness" of the MM - you are guaranteed that every few (I'm not sure how many - was it 4?) games you'll be high tier (unless you division). So if you get n-1 matches where you are NOT a top tier in specific ship, the n-th match will have a protective MM just for you, so that you'll get your chance to shine as top tier.

THIS IS ALL. Other than that, MM doesn't care who you are: 45% player, 65% player, a player with 10-victory or 10-defeat streak - Matchmaker doesn't know or care. It's interested only what tier and class ship you entered the queue with.

What you complain about is, actually, the dumbest approach to skill-based MM that some people want "to get more even matches". Fortunately it's been some time since someone actually advocated this approach... anyway: no, it's not a thing in this game. Never was a thing. And - as far as we can believe WGs statements about the future - never, ever will be a thing. If you start getting your butt kicked, it's a combination of bad luck and you yourself getting frustrated and tired - and playing worse. Take a break. Drink some tea. Have a good nights sleep. And then come back to the game. Or not, we couldn't care less. And if we could, it wouldn't be by a big margin, at least.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles
7 minutes ago, TridentOfNeptune said:

Lol I don't feel like quoting so summing up to all these who are making laugh of me, either you lack mathematical skills or just are trolls which play ignorants for purpose. If there is something like match maker, I assume it's for sake of making two teams equally strong. If you are good player, you will get a worse player in your team to even it out. Therefore outcome in the long run is to make everyone 50%, thing you can't get apparently. If someone has 75% win rate means he's good enough to carry such teams, many such good players play in divisions which make it bit easier, and thats it. What I'm saying is there should be some leagues to reduce skill gaps between players, something like ranked but whole year long, so games when one team rolls over another would be rearer.

You totally fail to understand, that the MM purpose is to match 12 ships in each of both teams, within its rules.

You also fail to understand, that the MM do not care about the players itself, the MM is only interested in ships.

And answer my question from above: Why would WG want (almost) every player at 50% winrate? The problem is: you cannot. The third matter you fail to understand is, that there are no (financial) benefits in it.

And lastly I am really curious about your mathematical skills. Please show us your superior and advanced skillset with an easy example!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles

Maybe we can add a funny sidegame here. When will this thread be closed? And I will call this game: "When will this thread be closed?"

My bet is that this thread will be closed at monday, at 11 o'clock am (CEST).

Beta Tester
1,347 posts
1 hour ago, principat121 said:

Why? What is the plan (by WG) behind this?

But I will never get an answer, because the tin foil hat gives -10 to logical thinking.

Due to the skill gap between new and experienced players in WOWS there would be a reason for doing it to give the newer players an easier time, hopefully causing them to stick around, while existing players are already loyal. Like how most large companies offer special deals to new customers only.

Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles

Where is the connection to the MM in general?

And there are quite few new players in tier10 matches. The MM for these matches do not really have to care about newbies...

Players
25 posts
3,699 battles

You cannot prove MM doesn't take player skill into account, all you are doing is trusting WG staff which is dumb enough. What I'm saying comes from observation, and I'm not the only one who thinks this way. Financial benefits of "50% MM" are obvious. If good players would get teamed up vs bad players all the time, these bad would lose interest in playing. When everyone "win some, lose some" it's called happy medium. Total randomness (of player skill) doesn't make gameplay fun as well, because it favors one sided matches, and I bet most people get most fun from close games. So logically not taking player skill into consideration is naive, and I don't believe it has place here.  And I will not show you anything principat cause it seems you would not get it anyways kappa 

[CATS]
Players
13,532 posts
10,358 battles

Winrate of player should be distributed like this without any tampering:

Empirical_Rule.PNG

If you do the work and look up players, you will indeed see that the winratings of players are distributed like this.

It is completly normal and expected that the majority of players are around 50%.

• Cool 4

Players
161 posts
5,853 battles

utterly random MM, win rate probability average 50%

equal skill team vs equal skill team , win rate probability average 50%

[POP]
Players
287 posts
7,125 battles
18 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

If you do the work and look up players, you will indeed see that the winratings of players are distributed like this.

I use a mod that shows me global WR of players that enters the match. I see 60% to 70% WR players alot. I do not see 40% to 30% as regularly as I see the other way around. The lower end of WR is below 45% but still above 40%. There are no 30% or below WR players at T10. However I've seen 2 CV players with 80%+ WR at T10.

The distribution of WR in random games doesn't follow standard normal distribution by my subjective experience.

Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles
13 minutes ago, TridentOfNeptune said:

You cannot prove MM doesn't take player skill into account

And you cannot prove that the MM does...

What I'm saying comes from observation, and I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

Then share your database.

How did you gather your data?

How did you analyze?

What methodes did you use to quantify the parameter "skill"?

Financial benefits of "50% MM" are obvious.

No. And you fail to explain how MONEY is generated by WG doing this.

If good players would get teamed up vs bad players all the time, these bad would lose interest in playing. When everyone "win some, lose some" it's called happy medium.

Yes.

But where is the difference to a normal distribution?

Can you show us this?

Total randomness (of player skill) doesn't make gameplay fun as well

No one (not even Wargaming) demanded or stated that the MM is here for creating "fun games".

Can you define what a fun game is?

And would the other 23 participants of your game agree with your definition?

20 minutes ago, TridentOfNeptune said:

Total randomness [...] favors one sided matches

How?

Really! Just how?

How does randomness favours one side?

Do you understand the concept of randomness?

22 minutes ago, TridentOfNeptune said:

So logically...

Please, do not use the word "logical", because you are everything but logical.

23 minutes ago, TridentOfNeptune said:

And I will not show you anything principat cause it seems you would not get it anyways kappa 

Even the "kappa" cannot hide that you have no scientific background at all! Not speaking of any higher grad in science or mathematics.

But I do... and that's why I am asking.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
13,532 posts
10,358 battles
6 minutes ago, Altsak said:

I use a mod that shows me global WR of players that enters the match. I see 60% to 70% WR players alot. I do not see 40% to 30% as regularly as I see the other way around. The lower end of WR is below 45% but still above 40%. There are no 30% or below WR players at T10. However I've seen 2 CV players with 80%+ WR at T10.

The distribution of WR in random games doesn't follow standard normal distribution by my subjective experience.

If that were the case, then there would be a lot more good players than bad players, which totally contradicts what Trident says.

Hint: Look at solo WR, 80%+ WR is only possible in divisions.

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,577 battles

Lets switch to some normal topic....

Guys, what you think when we can expectt USN CL line? month  two?

Beta Tester
1,818 posts
2,546 battles

Sometimes you're the one doing the steamrolling, sometimes you're the one being steam rolled.

It is the way of things, for every winning team there has to be a losing one, let's not forget.