Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hyperion84

Have anyone noticed?

28 comments in this topic

Players
117 posts
1,241 battles

Have anyone noticed a certain "drastically" drop in players skill ingame? 

' Cause I've been a lot of battles lately, not just PvP, but also operations. And the amount I am losing is quite staggering compared to few months ago where it wasn't that bad, sure one lost once and awhile, but this nowadays is just plain depressing.

I know, I know, haven't played that many battles.

But lately it seems one just keep encountering team members that's suiciding, sailing broadside to enemy battleships or generally have no map awareness. 

Do anyone knows what's going on or is just pure imagination on my part?

Best regards

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
4,022 posts
10,888 battles

No. For nearly 2 years I'm stubbornly assuming it's me. Seeing before the 5th minute where the match will end. Every time. It's pure coincidence.

[PUPSI]
Players
5,861 posts
Vor 4 Minuten, Hyperion84 sagte:

And the amount I am losing is quite staggering compared to few months ago where it wasn't that bad, sure one lost once and awhile, but this nowadays is just plain depressing.

the final frontier operation was changed with the last patch

Zitat

Fixed an issue with bots showing poor combat effectiveness in Operations. They will now operate with the required effectiveness depending on their tier as was initially intended at the release of the Operations mode.

[CATS]
Players
13,610 posts
10,385 battles
15 minutes ago, Hyperion84 said:

' Cause I've been a lot of battles lately, not just PvP, but also operations. And the amount I am losing is quite staggering compared to few months ago where it wasn't that bad, sure one lost once and awhile, but this nowadays is just plain depressing.

But lately it seems one just keep encountering team members that's suiciding, sailing broadside to enemy battleships or generally have no map awareness. 

Best regards

Players were bad two years ago. Even the worst players finally reached Tier X now. That was a continous process, nothing drastic involved.

[HOME]
Players
578 posts
7,635 battles

Not drastically but yes, I have noticed. These days teams consist of mostly bad players. I've stopped asking players if they are bots because there are just so many that play non-humanly bad. How can people enjoy this game and grind all the way to tier 10 with ultrabad average damage, below 40% winrates and below 10% survivability rates.... Just how? 

Where is the fun in dying and losing every time? 

How can people have no desire to even try to win/git gud and still put thousand of hours into this? 

So many questions. 

• Cool 6

[BOTS]
Alpha Tester
2,200 posts
8,644 battles

Basically what has happened is all the windows have been licked clean meaning these players have nothing more to do but play ships.

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
3,671 posts
12,833 battles
1 hour ago, GarrusBrutus said:

How can people enjoy this game and grind all the way to tier 10 with ultrabad average damage, below 40% winrates and below 10% survivability rates.... Just how?

I must admit, I don't give a thought or a flying eff how people do that. The important thing is, that they end up at T10 sooner or later, which gets them mostly out of the range where I would meet them.

Sometimes I think it would be great, if every player would automatically be assigned his favourite T10 ship right at the start of his career, so that all tiers from 1 to 7 would see less of the potatoes.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
2 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Not drastically but yes, I have noticed. These days teams consist of mostly bad players. I've stopped asking players if they are bots because there are just so many that play non-humanly bad. How can people enjoy this game and grind all the way to tier 10 with ultrabad average damage, below 40% winrates and below 10% survivability rates.... Just how? 

Where is the fun in dying and losing every time? 

How can people have no desire to even try to win/git gud and still put thousand of hours into this? 

So many questions. 

how dare you insult bots. bots are actually better than 50% of playerbase.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles

I think if one plays longer and gets better the "average player" will of course seem worse and worse.

• Cool 2

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

Now this is level of stupidity WG's programmers couldn't code:

DD who didn't even enter cap smoked outside of it to sit there and got torped!

Guess what DD it was?

Maass with its hydro!

1 hour ago, robihr said:

how dare you insult bots. bots are actually better than 50% of playerbase.

Yeah, bots know how to angle their ship instead of sailing broadside to everyone.

Also they know what are the objectives of this games.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
467 posts
13,407 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Players were bad two years ago. Even the worst players finally reached Tier X now. That was a continous process, nothing drastic involved.

I think tier 10 was full of bad players very early. As long as you can pay your way up tiers, skill is not necessary. I fear bad players think better and higher tier ships may help them win more.

Edited by bug

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,876 posts
6,765 battles
4 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

How can people enjoy this game and grind all the way to tier 10 with ultrabad average damage, below 40% winrates and below 10% survivability rates.... Just how?

This is something I wonder as well. How can it be fun to constantly lose and get beaten the sh*t out?

Anyways, today I stumbled upon a guy who has 39% wr after +7200 random battles. I just honestly can't understand how is that possible. To change your wr by 11 "ticks" from 50 needs efforts, to both directions. Shouldn't one learn if you play thousands of battles? Even a little bit? To each their own, if he has fun then good for him. He shall play as everyone has right to do so, no matter how frustrating it is at times/pretty often these days, but just for scientifical reasons I'd like to see replays from that guy, to try to understand how it is possible to achieve so low wr with so many battles.

• Cool 2

[L4GG]
Players
1,376 posts
5,512 battles
5 hours ago, Klopirat said:

the final frontier operation was changed with the last patch

ohhh, so it was that.

I played a lot this two days...

Only managed to win twice, and by wining I mean mission accomplished twice.

all the rest, mission failed. No stars, no nothing, a lot of the missions were lost before the whiskey guys appear.

if it's not the golf guys it's the Pensa that shoot down planes, if it's not the Pensa, it's something else, the times that are almost there, there's always someone needed to defend the port that went for the raptor.

Once my entire team but me and a bb got killed just after the Cleveland and Atlanta, two guys against all of that. (the battle didn't go for much long).

I was starting to question myself wtf is happening in there.

And it seems that was just a role reversing thing.

some 20 ops, 18 of them with no [edited]stars. Not even one, strait out wiped out.

What the hell?

I guess we have to thanks all those guys that said that was too easy, those same guys that wanted the HARD mode.

But I think it's not just the combat effectiveness, but some chances in the AI because when we manage to hang on until the whiskey guys, other guys appear from the Cleveland site and gives a beating. And before not always that happened. 

Players
161 posts
5,853 battles
5 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

lies,  i've not gone past T8  !!!!  

:)

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,820 posts
2,546 battles

Not really. Bad players have existed since at least back in CBT.

Can only speak that far back as that was when I started playing, obviously :P

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,260 posts
7,953 battles
6 hours ago, Hyperion84 said:

Yes, played the current OP 5 times today and it failed 4 times. Got 4 stars once, but barely. Not long ago I farmed this OP with random players,...

[0RCA]
Players
335 posts
7,556 battles
13 hours ago, Hyperion84 said:

Best regards

people are in lazy  shoot and scoot playstyle, or just looking for missions objectives ,or  tired grind  mode...

Players
117 posts
1,241 battles

Well even Flambass in this video pretty much commentates on many of the current problems in game - people might even notice the some of the players in this map. Pure horrific! 

*Edit

Edited by Rvirgo
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 1

Players
552 posts
4,472 battles

I've started to encounter players who, upon finding somebody to shoot at (shooting in and of itself seems to be a rarity?), go full broadside to get all their guns on a target but also stop moving entirely. No matter how many ships they are trying to trade with, they go full stop, full broadside, in open water.

If that isn't a sign of EXTREME player skill degradation, I don't know what is.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,872 posts
1 hour ago, Hyperion84 said:

Well even Flambass in this video pretty much commentates on many of the current problems in game - people might even notice the some of the players in this map. Pure horrific!

Frankly worst thing in this video was his repetitive commentary...

• Cool 3

Players
2,179 posts
13,947 battles
18 hours ago, Hyperion84 said:

In random games mid tier... no.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,257 posts
7,335 battles

Imagination.

You have just learned a thing and you realise that others don't understand the thing.

Later on you will understand msny more things and you come to realise that no one in this game understand anything. This is the moment in your life when you understand the true nature of potato. It will reveal itself when you least expect.

[C0R3]
Beta Tester
241 posts
5,341 battles

Well after the games today and yesterday, WG let my ask you a favor: Can I have a WoWS Singelplayer Mode? Just me alone or with some Bots against other Bots? Yes? Pls! I really want some team mates I can trust. You know. Stuff like shooting enemys or not afking, or runnig away , or..... Or make teamkills free from punishment. You know the old WoT days: One or two teamkills and victory is ours! This garanteed fail income for evreybody dosent encourage me to carry harder anymore. I still cant, Im just one guy out of twelve.

Sign in to follow this