You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Anthelo

Ultimate Frontier any changes im missing?

53 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts

Last time ultimate frontier was around as operation of the week, i won like 90% of my games. Now this week im instead loosing 90%.

Am I missing something or just bad rng like 10+ games in a  row.

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,079 posts
3,758 battles

Some parts are a little more difficult (one secondary mission conditions changed) but mostly you end up like me with people who have no clue on how to play this game ...

• Cool 3

[PUPSI]
Players
5,861 posts
Vor 1 Minute, ColonelPete sagte:

No change.

but yes, with 0.7.3. the bots were changed...

Zitat

Fixed an issue with bots showing poor combat effectiveness in Operations. They will now operate with the required effectiveness depending on their tier as was initially intended at the release of the Operations mode.

[BYOB]
Players
2,687 posts
9,853 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

No change. Probably some players getting sunk too soon.

Yeah, the amount of potato in ops is rather high. Because who in his right mind would take a Shchors into a prolonged engagement at short distances? Or yolo 3 DDs in a Gneisenau, without a secondary build?

[CATS]
Players
13,610 posts
10,385 battles
2 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

but yes, with 0.7.3. the bots were changed...

That is no change to the operation.

I played quite a few Operations the last couple of days.

In Aegis the bots still sail straight, ready to recieve their citadel hits.

In Ultimate Frontier you fight off hordes of straight sailing enemy ships that still cannot sink you, unless you do something very wrong. Went up to 3km against enemy DD in my Scharnhorst without recieving any torpedo hits.

I did not notice any difference. Won every battle with four to five stars.

The changes to the bots must have been very small.

• Bad 4

Players
560 posts
1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

Yeah, the amount of potato in ops is rather high. Because who in his right mind would take a Shchors into a prolonged engagement at short distances? Or yolo 3 DDs in a Gneisenau, without a secondary build?

Shchors is a good ship in this mission due to high DPM. The prolonged engagement at short distances isn't an issue during the early and mid game part, due to the magic repair base.

And if you're not damaged and not too wrecklessly close, the AI shoots at other targets anyway.

Had a battle today where 2 x Fijis and a Nagato died to the first wave. Didn't take much working out to decide why we lost that.

And another battle where we were all alive into the end game that I'm still trying to figure out why we lost?

[BYOB]
Players
2,687 posts
9,853 battles
4 minutes ago, Lin3 said:

Shchors is a good ship in this mission due to high DPM. The prolonged engagement at short distances isn't an issue during the early and mid game part, due to the magic repair base.

Shchors is made out of tissue paper. The one in the op? He didn't even reach the repair base, he got one shot by the Cleveland that spawns south of the airplane spawn point. Boom and he was gone.

Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles

I am really concerned that Wargaming will "improve" the Narai operation to the level of the Ultimate Frontier...

The Ultimate Frontier isn't too hard, but it is complex and thus the "average" player is very fast overchallenged. The mechanics to win and get 5 stars are too hard to understand for the "phun pleyer" fraction.

• Cool 3

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,260 posts
7,953 battles
6 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

No change. Probably some players getting sunk too soon.

Just had a game (me in Scharnhorst) where the entire south spawn got killed by the first BB spawn before I even got to the ATL up north.

• Funny 1

Players
560 posts
4 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Shchors is made out of tissue paper. The one in the op? He didn't even reach the repair base, he got one shot by the Cleveland that spawns south of the airplane spawn point. Boom and he was gone.

That's just poor play. It's easy to stay alive in the Shchors vs the bots till the end game whilst still pumping out over 140k's damage.

[AT3MS]
Players
1 post
1,268 battles

Its like normal mode is hard mode now for scenarios.

you get focused fired now by 6 or more bots, HE hurts like hell, they probably have ifhe skill. And lots more bots. Pfff its not fun anymore and the main reason I play wows is for the scenarios.

my scharnhorst used to rule this op np, high win rate, now its the opposite. 

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,388 posts
14,127 battles

I bet most of the clever guys blaming the bad players have not played the scenario in its current form even once.

• Cool 3

Players
117 posts
1,241 battles
14 hours ago, NoirLotus said:

Some parts are a little more difficult (one secondary mission conditions changed) but mostly you end up like me with people who have no clue on how to play this game ...

It's sad, but it's true....

Players
1,976 posts
5,905 battles

I've noticed an increase in difficulty which definitely makes it more challenging and less fun.

I had similar experiences in Hermes though, getting focus fired when in my Atlanta so badly that after I decided to hide behind Ruan, the bots actually managed to sink Ruan because they were so desperate to sink me :Smile_facepalm:

I'm not sure this was also the same problem as what was described here, but it sure sounds like it.

I've played UF maybe 7 or so times and we managed to not get defeated only once and it required me doing over 220k damage.........and only 2 BBs inside the archipelago and a half damaged air base and we gotten 2 or 3 stars and that's it. All other games were defeats. Come-on! And this is supposed to be normal mode? :Smile_hiding:

Frankly imo UF is one of the least fun operations to me (Narai (RIP) and Hermes being a lot more fun to me) and if it weren't for the repair station, I wouldn't even bother with UF anymore :Smile_sceptic:

Even if the only change applied was for bots to not focus fire anymore but for the bots to target on their own, that would be a vast improvement I think. We are outnumbered and the focus fire may be more worthwhile for some hard mode.

On 14.04.2018 г. at 9:46 AM, clonesvax1 said:

Its like normal mode is hard mode now for scenarios.

you get focused fired now by 6 or more bots, HE hurts like hell, they probably have ifhe skill. And lots more bots. Pfff its not fun anymore and the main reason I play wows is for the scenarios.

my scharnhorst used to rule this op np, high win rate, now its the opposite. 

IFHE skill also sounds like something that would be a good change for any possible hard mode difficulty setting :Smile_great:

On 14.04.2018 г. at 12:33 AM, principat121 said:

I am really concerned that Wargaming will "improve" the Narai operation to the level of the Ultimate Frontier...

The Ultimate Frontier isn't too hard, but it is complex and thus the "average" player is very fast overchallenged. The mechanics to win and get 5 stars are too hard to understand for the "phun pleyer" fraction.

This complexity is part of what makes UF so hard. It's also not really a deserving thing to do to chase that lone Atlanta with a slowish BB because no other BB feels like going north east and having to sail back and not do any damage for the next 5 minutes or so.

Narai was awesome and Hermes also has the same kinda gameplay which makes it so fun, without becomming too easy.

UF sometimes seems more like a slaughter with me on the receiving end, especially if there are a couple losses early on (which is easy if someone gets focussed fired).

Sometimes it gets soo busy and hectic that I don't even notice there's only me and 2 others left :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles
2 hours ago, JapLance said:

I bet most of the clever guys blaming the bad players have not played the scenario in its current form even once.

And I bet you have no proof of your claim...

Feel free to disprove me!

Spoiler

Unbenannt.thumb.jpg.d3deb0e06aa7b4d4ce7313412210ffeb.jpg

source: mxstat (filtered all my scenario matches from 12th of April to today)

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,964 posts
5,449 battles

Nothing has been changed recently (no stealth changes). However all of good players finished couple of times with five stars all of those operations and they can't be arsed to play it again. So basically stuck with low skilled players in those operations now, higher chance to lose or win with few stars or just win is going to be enough cuz they have no clue what are they supposed to do.

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles

I only play the operations with a full division of my clan. Any operation played by that tactic is easy. Good communication and teamwork makes the difference in Ops. You can't expect that in a random team.

My guess is that most people that have the opportunity to do that divisions up. That just leave the rest of the player pool alone.

Weekend Tester
605 posts

Bots get rid of emplecements much faster now, and that means you can't just wait it out to collect a win.

You absolutely have to kill bots in order they appear, and people generaly have no real clue how to best use their ships, which makes things harder.

Survivability is the most important factor in this operation, and it has to come from teamplay, which IMO makes this operation too hardcore for random MM.

[CATS]
Players
13,610 posts
10,385 battles
6 hours ago, JapLance said:

I played it six times this week and lost once.

The problem is BB that do not tank. When the BB are further away from the bots than the cruisers, the bots will target the cruisers. The cruisers cannot take the punishment.

That is the basic concept for all Operations.

Players
503 posts
1,775 battles

I've been playing it quite a few times since the guy I div with likes to play ops and I do feel it's a bit harder than it was last time. I also seem to get ridiculously unfortunate RNG against the bots sometimes (Cleveland setting 3 fires in 2 salvos), DDs permanently destroying torpedo tubes on my Atlanta at 10km, engine knocked out etc.) which doesn't exactly help. :Smile-_tongue: 

Still 4 stars is pretty easy as long as we get 1 or 2 decent players, only gotten 5 once when we had a really good CV as well as a couple of decent players otherwise. 

Players
161 posts
5,853 battles

i suspect the difference between those that find it easy and those that find it a slaughter is the fire-proof skill