Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IanH755

Event Missions - Should Co-Op requirements be made higher than PvP ones?

17 comments in this topic

Players
1,204 posts
4,944 battles

Hi all,

As a Co-Op player it's great to see that WG is making Event missions do-able in every mode (PvP and PvE) but I've noticed a large increase in the number of players completing these events in Co-Op mode because of how "easy" Co-Op is vs Randoms and that made me think - should the Co-Op only requirements (not Ops) be higher than the PvP ones to make it "fairer" for those who are completing them in PvP mode?

Now I know that there are some missions in the current Varyag event which either make no difference if you play Co-Op or PvP (get 1000 ribbons) or that are harder for Co-Op (get 2 Million credits) but there are a few (win 10 matches etc) which are very much harder in PvP than Co-Op and I find it odd that WG seem to be encouraging players to jump into the "easier" Co-Op for a few matches before heading back to PvP.

So what do you think? Should all the requirements be identical across PvP and PvE or should Co-Op have a few higher requirements due to the skill levels needed to complete them?

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles

Then you need to earn 2.000.000 credits.. Easier in PVP than Co-Op thinks it all balance out in the end.

[BYOB]
Players
2,722 posts
9,874 battles
3 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Should all the requirements be identical across PvP and PvE or should Co-Op have a few higher requirements due to the skill levels needed to complete them?

I think the requirements should be identical. This keeps things simple for WG and allows them to easily make more missions/events.

Some people will play coop for the missions some will stick to random, but as long as no one is getting the shaft, we should keep things as they are. Because life is complicated enough.

Besides, you said it yourself, not every mission requirement is easier in coop.

[SINT]
Players
269 posts
12,679 battles

People should just be free to decide themselves which option they choose. If co-op is easier then just take co-op. if you want to play random..then take random. your choice.

I have played co-op only for the last week.  Makes the current abundance of missions go smoother overall with some exceptions to silver and xp grinding.  Most of all co-op exempts me from the salty randoms for a while since i needed a break.

[TTT]
Players
3,608 posts
7,459 battles

agreed - balancing these requirements differently for gamemodes would be crazy difficult. Just as one example - I heartily disagree with the sentiment that ribbons are equally easy/hard in randoms and coop. Much easier in randoms (assuming you've got the right ships for the job), simply because the matches last long enough that you can actually rack up a decent tally, as opposed to mindless bots just rushing in and dying.

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
418 posts
7,632 battles

As coop only player: so nice that wg finally started to gib some gibs. As you said OP: some missions are harder in pvp, some are harder in coop (xp/credit grinding), but I don't really care, since a)it balances out; b)I don't care about pvp at all.

What I'd love to see some day, is a dedicated coop mission chain/campaign with fitting requirements, even better if those were given out specifically to people with several thousand coop games under their belt. Don't think this will ever happen tho :(

Players
1,204 posts
4,944 battles
8 minutes ago, orzel286 said:

What I'd love to see some day, is a dedicated coop mission chain/campaign with fitting requirements, even better if those were given out specifically to people with several thousand coop games under their belt. Don't think this will ever happen tho :(

I like the idea of a set of Co-Op campaigns (or at least being able to complete a campaign using a single co-op mission per stage) but I don't think it'll happen.

1 hour ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I heartily disagree with the sentiment that ribbons are equally easy/hard in randoms and coop. Much easier in randoms (assuming you've got the right ships for the job), simply because the matches last long enough that you can actually rack up a decent tally, as opposed to mindless bots just rushing in and dying.

I'll admit I've a full 11.3km secondary spec Tirpiz/Scharnhorst and an Atlanta so I rarely have problems with ribbons which may have biased me a bit :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
879 posts
11,126 battles

I feel not necessarily - feel sort of indifferent with the issue.

However, it is might be time to address the changing meta in coop and somehow balance the high alpha against the DPM/torps. I can live with going out with the Iowa and having a Mino and a DM murder everything before I can even reach the cap, but I am starting to seriously feel sad for the beginner guy in the Kawachi who has to deal with the same bullsh*t.

Considering that there is no way in Heaven the bots' AI will be taken a look at, maybe we should be a bit more vocal about needing more bots / banning maps?

[HAERT]
Players
2,039 posts
1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

I think the requirements should be identical. This keeps things simple for WG and allows them to easily make more missions/events.

Some people will play coop for the missions some will stick to random, but as long as no one is getting the shaft, we should keep things as they are. Because life is complicated enough.

Besides, you said it yourself, not every mission requirement is easier in coop.

Indeed, I see no need to change and COOP games are so fast (missions or not) that there's no impact anyway, just a few more players. Not sure I understand why you'd feel any need to change it.

Players
879 posts
11,126 battles

I have to admit though, it's hilarious to see

- decorated PvP players fail miserably in the most basic PvE

- and as such, bringing their mentality into coop :Smile_trollface:

Spoiler

attitude.jpg

Meanwhile, I am at the verge of just going back to random. "Fortunately", too much ship, too little time to do so.

• Funny 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,039 posts

I do play COOP occasionally (missions or not) for stress free blapping and it's not that rare to see that sort of chat, I just ignore it or laugh.

Players
879 posts
11,126 battles
4 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

I do play COOP occasionally (missions or not) for stress free blapping and it's not that rare to see that sort of chat, I just ignore it or laugh.

Oh, don't get me wrong, it did entertain me a whole lot, on the other hand, I very much do not encounter this level of saltiness normally in PvE.

Players
161 posts
5,853 battles

any separation of goals that can be achieved over multiple games falls over as soon as a player plays in both modes

[HAERT]
Players
2,039 posts
14 minutes ago, AkosJaccik said:

Oh, don't get me wrong, it did entertain me a whole lot, on the other hand, I very much do not encounter this level of saltiness normally in PvE.

Yup, it's not that common, fairly funny when it happens though.

12 minutes ago, _LordLucan said:

any separation of goals that can be achieved over multiple games falls over as soon as a player plays in both modes

I had to read that 3 times before I understood your point, it's true though.

The system would have to cope with effectively multiple missions and maybe aggregate things like ribbons in a 3 in COOP = 1 in Random, pointlessly complex to code and a bit fiddly to understand for some players. 

Beta Tester
26 posts
2,066 battles

I rather see them add more bots to make it "harder". 8 vs 8 is yaawn.... what happened to the 8 vs 16 or 20, whatever it was. Thoose were amazing.

Players
1,204 posts
4,944 battles
19 minutes ago, Average_Oldie said:

what happened to the 8 vs 16 or 20, whatever it was. Thoose were amazing.

They effectively became the Operations/Scenarios.

Sign in to follow this