You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CaptBoardy

New System for Prevention of Unsportsmanlike Conduct: A question.

13 comments in this topic

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Players
34 posts
8,418 battles

Hello I am keen to learn a little more about how the new "System for Prevention of Unsportsmanlike Conduct" will work.

One of these elements in especially... "Fleeing the battle", can be ambiguous and could be very difficult to measure.

The other two issues "Inactivity" and "Damage to Allies" are precise and are easily measurable.

It is one thing and fine to say, if a player manoeuvres their ship in such a way as to keep bouncing the ship off the boundary for a significant period of time or to "park" in the corners and then follow that up with non action, is the measure, is great, as these actions are clearly deliberate infringements of trying to "flee the battle" and can be measured by the system.

I see battle gameplay broken down into three distinct sections like we have in chess and shogi, opening, mid-game and end-game. Not everyone "get's" that!

However if the system still relies upon our peers voting with the reporting system, how would this pan out for players who utilise quite valid tactics for their ships such as kiteing, using islands as shields (in particular CL's and DD's) or to spring surprise ambushes? Some cruisers are more effective in later mid-game to end-game providing they survive to reach that point.

There appear to be many players out there who make poor judgement calls upon their teammates when it comes to reporting, as they aren't fully understanding the tactics of others. I can envisage lots of players who adopt various tactics in their game play being penalised unfairly because one player on the team triggers a report. Others could be "whacked" to play co-op battle by spiteful teammates.

I don't want to see the game play succumbing to one tactic, ie: just moving forwards, meeting one's opponents head on and letting the numbers (the balance of hit points remaining) decide the winner. This tactic is effective once per battle and usually with BB's towards the endgame.

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles

Fleeing equals rage quits. saying going to port when not dead. At least this how I understand it.

[OGHF]
Players
527 posts
10,073 battles

Must admit, it worries me that if you suprise and sink a ship on the opposing side when they expect to sink you and they then report you ( hapoened to me today, lost 2 Karma points )  for bad play out of spiyte, some players are going to be orange for a long time, not a good move. 

[ONE2]
Players
2,309 posts
13,568 battles

I was kinda wondering about that too. Seen it often enough tho. Ships just driving to map edge or behind an island and hiding there for the remainder of the battle, once they have taken some damage (and sometimes not even heavy dmg either). But yeah, how to actually measure that. Perhaps, if they just sit there, not firing their guns then?:cap_hmm:

[ONE2]
Players
2,309 posts
13,568 battles
2 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Must admit, it worries me that if you suprise and sink a ship on the opposing side when they expect to sink you and they then report you ( hapoened to me today, lost 2 Karma points )  for bad play out of spiyte, some players are going to be orange for a long time, not a good move. 

Hhehehe, happens to me all the time nowadays , ever since I started practising with Mogami. The more my results have improved, the more my karma has decreased. :Smile_Default:

Oh well @Cyclops_ , guess we can always division up for those additional Coop games eh? :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,195 posts
11,002 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Cyclops_ sagte:

WG already said that this system won't be report-driven. It's all automated, so if you don't do anything wrong, you won't become orange.

• Cool 1

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Players
34 posts
8,418 battles
3 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

WG already said that this system won't be report-driven. It's all automated, so if you don't do anything wrong, you won't become orange.

Good.  That answers my question.

Thank you.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,856 posts
8,066 battles

Hi all,

As I understood it I think that WG is thinking of punishing players that deliberately go AFK (i.e. on purpose leave the battle before the end via "Exit the Battle" while they are still alive and with HP)...

Leo "Apollo11"

Players
379 posts

Looking at the PTS forum there is a guy complaining that he got a warning for quitting a battle early, just because he quit a battle early (rather than wait to finish flooding out), and it was "Unsporting Conduct" he triggered.

[XODUS]
Players
714 posts
3,761 battles
2 minutes ago, Johmie said:

Looking at the PTS forum there is a guy complaining that he got a warning for quitting a battle early, just because he quit a battle early (rather than wait to finish flooding out), and it was "Unsporting Conduct" he triggered.

working as intended then
his own fault for not being patient 

simple code equation being done here. 

Leave Battle Y/N?
if Yes check ship HP
is ship HP >or= 0? 
If Yes Punish
If No exit. 

• Cool 1

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles
2 hours ago, CaptBoardy said:

I see battle gameplay broken down into three distinct sections like we have in chess and shogi, opening, mid-game and end-game.

I don't want to see the game play succumbing to one tactic, ie: just moving forwards, meeting one's opponents head on and letting the numbers (the balance of hit points remaining) decide the winner. This tactic is effective once per battle and usually with BB's towards the endgame.

That early part/opening indeed affects lot to what can result next.

But for example battleship has never excuse to head for map border/corners behind islands when destroyers are pushing "scouting line" 10 km away toward enemy.

(even less in Epicenter)

And those BBs heading to rear corners and borders are what easily causes that unfavourable "trade ratio" in mid game with that battleship trying to support team getting focused by enemy and either sinking or having to fast retreat behind cover.

While those full hp Balless Boats without scratch in paint job still keep heading for map borders...

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,538 posts
6,372 battles
5 hours ago, CaptBoardy said:

One of these elements in especially... "Fleeing the battle", can be ambiguous and could be very difficult to measure.

It's not retreating, it's quitting the game while your ship is still alive.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,041 posts
947 battles
6 hours ago, Yogibjoern said:

Fleeing equals rage quits. saying going to port when not dead. At least this how I understand it.

Exactly. Once you got destroyed, you are obviously free to leave the battle or keep watching - your choice.

4 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

This sums it up, yes.

• Cool 1