You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
a_p_u_l_e_i_u_s

gg wg for shima, hipper and prinz eugen, but dont forget atago and yamato

19 comments in this topic

Players
65 posts

atago is ok for t8, but he plays very often in t10 game and too smal range and sucks dpm ... this is not very funny. so,  maybe you think change reload time (maybe 12,5s) or extend range  with a 1,5-2km. 

yamato turret traverse is too, toooo painful. just give  a few seconds from 62.6s to 55s or 56

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,052 posts
9,616 battles
7 minutes ago, babbardel said:

atago is ok for t8, but he plays very often in t10 game and too smal range and suck dpm ... this is not very funny. so,  maybe you think change reload time (maybe 12,5s) or extend range  with a 1,5-2km. 

yamato turret traverse is too, toooo painful. just give  a few seconds from 62.6s to 55s or 56

Atago is about Alpha and usable Torps. Its gets a bit powercreaped by every new Cruiser getting near its stealth far too much, a generall problem with IJN cruisers overall. If tehy buff aspects of every old and upcoming cruiser they should at least buff IJN Turret rotation all along the line......Yama does fine statswise the problem with her is that she is the last BB stuck in this stipid static hold a point playstyle. Its no nessesarry underpowered but a borring as hell playstyle.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,234 posts
7,069 battles
36 minutes ago, babbardel said:

ya, too boring - number one boring t10 battleship

No that spot belongs to the Conqueror!

Yammy is fine as she is. The last fortress for players interested in a Tier X BB that properly needs/scales with skill. (Jeah don't look at my stats I am bad at BB gameplay... :Smile_teethhappy: but I love her for it!)

Players
65 posts
2 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

for players interested in a Tier X BB that properly needs/scales with skill.

ya, i do not have enough skill to kill all enemy  when my team is so pro and lose game in first 3 min :)

p.s.

conqueror is boring because is retarded ship, but as retarded it is,  can be much more fun than yamato abandoned by teammates

shot-18.03.09_15.52.24-0839.jpg

shot-18.03.09_18.26.33-0642.jpg

shot-18.03.10_20.59.06-0024.jpg

shot-18.03.11_04.33.01-0018.jpg

shot-18.03.11_06.12.27-0450.jpg

shot-18.03.12_12.13.10-0706.jpg

shot-18.03.13_06.58.18-0462.jpg

shot-18.03.13_07.53.42-0581.jpg

shot-18.03.16_21.18.47-0198.jpg

shot-18.03.16_21.19.57-0971.jpg

shot-18.03.17_22.22.00-0645.jpg

shot-18.03.18_11.25.31-0046.jpg

shot-18.03.18_23.03.23-0877.jpg

shot-18.03.19_01.59.43-0383.jpg

shot-18.03.19_18.35.02-0935.jpg

shot-18.03.20_15.50.23-0691.jpg

shot-18.03.21_17.26.43-0232.jpg

shot-18.03.22_23.52.53-0445.jpg

shot-18.03.23_00.11.10-0703.jpg

shot-18.04.07_00.02.50-0771.jpg

shot-18.04.09_09.34.52-0714.jpg

shot-18.04.09_13.02.32-0144.jpg

• Boring 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,234 posts
7,069 battles
17 minutes ago, babbardel said:

ya, i do not have enough skill to kill all enemy  when my team is so pro and lose game in first 3 min :)

p.s.

conqueror is boring because is retarded ship, but as retarded it is,  can be much more fun than yamato abandoned by teammates

If the team fails on you it doesn't have anything to do how the ship performs does it?

I mean you are in the top 3 in a lot and upper half (by xp) in most of those games right?

p.s. no

Players
65 posts
1 hour ago, Miessa3 said:

If the team fails on you it doesn't have anything to do how the ship performs does it?

my last post it was just  a parenthesis :)

I mean you are in the top 3 in a lot and upper half (by xp) in most of those games right?

it's not that hard when team is zero. with one-two salvo take top3 team score :(

returning to our topic, ya I know I will often lose with  yamato ( without  division), and accept that,, but my experience will be less painful if   turret traverse  garbage disappear  :)

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,234 posts
7,069 battles
6 minutes ago, babbardel said:

my last post it was just  a parenthesis :)

it's not that hard when team is zero. with one-two salvo take top3 team score :(

returning to our topic, ya I know I will often lose with  yamato ( without  division), and accept that,, but my experience will be less painful if   turret traverse  garbage disappear  :)

But Yamato is supposed to be played as "standing" fortress that threatens large key areas and punches through the nose of ever BB that dares to come too close.

A rather static gameplay so what do you need turret traverse for? Your guns are supposed to be facing mostly in one rough direction anyways. Enough to aim before the guns from the last salvo are reloaded at least.

I feel the modules and captainperks give enough turret traverse if you really want it.

It is a balancing factor for those large 460 mm guns and so it is supposed to be "bad".

Players
65 posts

A rather static gameplay so what do you need turret traverse for?

because when my support collapses (happens quite often) i can not target  multiple enemies that are approaching, cruisers or dds. if i have to reposition myself i cant  shoot  anybody 7 min ( i exaggerate but not too much) because  my turrets are so slow (because their speed is so garbage). very frustrating

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,052 posts
9,616 battles
2 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

No that spot belongs to the Coroner!

Yammy is fine as she is. The last fortress for players interested in a Tier X BB that properly needs/scales with skill. (Jeah don't look at my stats I am bad at BB gameplay... :Smile_teethhappy: but I love her for it!)

Conqu. has options it can decloack at around 11  km of some cruisers and can blap them as good with Ap as any other BB. Yama cant even angle efectivly at mid range thanks to her pike nose citadel and if she has to abandom a flank she cant return fire for half an hour thanks to her continental drift like Turret treverse. there is no one way to play Conqu while Yama pays a step price for her overpen BB bows ability.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
7,789 posts
6,431 battles

Yamato is still very competitive.

However it's clearly not an easy ship. Montana for example is far easier to use. But saying Yamato need buff is all kind of wrong, it's still a monster. It still have the best accuracy of all tier X battleships, guns that punch through most armor in the game, and a very good balistic. It's best played at around 13.5-15km (13.5 being its concealment). 

But don't play it completely static either... it still can goes a very reasonable 27 knots and have a good angle of rear gun. As long as you anticipates properly and are at the good place it will do a very good job.

I own Montana, République and Yamato, and I think they are all great ships, with their own, interesting gameplay. 

Players
65 posts
3 hours ago, ShinGetsu said:

But saying Yamato need buff is all kind of wrong, it's still a monster.

still a monster only for hight skill players. for average players is number one lame and worst t10 battleship ( i  not played yet republique).

i did not ask a  fantastical buff (remove citadel or give 10km concealment, or 25s turret traverse,  or stupid he penetration like conqueror). a few seconds speed is not a huge buff, not when you have almost double slowness  compared to opponents

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
7,789 posts
6,431 battles

What's wrong with a ship being more difficult than others ?

Git gud with it or play easier ships, don't ask for buff.

[IRAN]
Players
367 posts
7,067 battles

What about Mogami ?! she needs more help than Atago !!

Players
65 posts

mogami is not a premium ship,  players do not pay anything to play with him.  a premium ship should be fun. atago plays  fifty percent of the time in t10 game  and after ten o'clock  the percentage becomes 85-90%.  this is not funny at all. he is too often alone t8 ship in t10 battle

@ShinGetsu:  i'm not a big fan of  the easy ships, easy games,  but yamato has become too hard to enjoy it

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,962 posts
5,445 battles

Yamato is fine as she is. Actually Yamato is exactly how every singe BB should be in this game. Nothing wrong with her, great ship if played correctly. 

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
4,992 battles
On 2018-04-13 at 8:09 PM, Atorpad said:

What about Mogami ?! she needs more help than Atago !!

Sort of. The biggest issue with the Mogami is the flimsy armor, but if you work around it it becomes a DPM monster that will outshine an Atago even in tier 10 games.

Atago suffer in the gun department but has better stealth and survivability, and the Mogami is the other way arounnd.

Both ships can use some love but for now they are fine IMO.

• Cool 1