You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pollikcon

Main Gun Controls

5 comments in this topic

Question

Players
4 posts
1,081 battles

When each game starts, main guns are in a default "rest position", which also happens to be the ideal position to carry the guns if you go into a situation where there is doubt about which side you want to fire from. Forward guns point forwards. Aft guns point aft. Mid guns point either forwards or aft, depending on the ship;

I know I can set the guns to a fixed relative bearing. I know I can set the guns to track a sector. CTRL-X and SHIFT-X.

But is there a way to set the main guns to the default start position?  Locking the guns to a relative bearing dead ahead doesn't work because the stern guns will be locked to either the extreme port or extreme starboard. A similar problem arise if the guns are locked to dead astern.

The idea travel position, sometimes, is the default start position. Is there a way to set the main guns in this way, does anyone know?

4 answers to this question

[ETD5]
Players
192 posts
1,451 battles

There's no such an option for that. However, you can suggest this feauter at the suggestions thread and possibly wargaming decides it's something interesting and adds this to the game.

This is the thread:

[AKI]
Players
73 posts

Up until now, I haven't found any way of doing so. I would say just aim in front of you and wiggle left to right a wee bit so that your rear guns will turn left and right all the time without fully turning ^^

Players
4 posts
1,081 battles

Ah, OK...thanx.  I thought that might be the case. And I am too lazy to do constant wiggles, particularly if it is a long haul all the way across the board, endgame.