Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

Farming freexp: Premium Ships only??

39 comments in this topic

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles
13 minutes ago, HMS_Argosax said:

I have a tier 7 bb: King George V Class and I cant seem to convert xp from it?

You need to have all modules and Monarch researched. Then your KGV will become elite.

shot-18_04.12_17_08.49-0006.jpg.31fef93417d0c858028a0ba0f48b9342.jpg

Quality Poster
2,949 posts
7,933 battles

No you haven't. Only after you've researched the Propulsion and the Gun Fire Control System. 

[HAERT]
Players
2,026 posts

It needs to be fully researched + Monarch researched to generate convertible XP. You haven't researched GFCS or propulsion. 

Why do you want to convert freeXP anyway? There's no discount active and it makes no sense to convert at 25:1, wait for the next 35:1.

Players
535 posts

I have been converting 25:1 the whole time I have been playing. I want to farm XP so I can move on to the next tier. Until now I have only been using premiums to farm xp, now I will do it properly :)

Players
1,648 posts
11,443 battles

Also, the elite XP you earn ( after fully researching the ship ) is not free xp. You'll need to convert this elite xp with doubloons to free XP.

Beta Tester
205 posts
961 battles

As the others said, any elite xp you accumulate in any ship, will need to be converted to FreeXP with doubloons.

If you want to farm actual Free XP, the appropriate Signals & Camos with + Free XP bonuses are your best bet.

Players
1,648 posts
11,443 battles
6 minutes ago, HMS_Argosax said:

Yeh I know doubloons is a money drain lol

Don't work like this. It's a waste of money.

Just play the game with camo and flags if you must, that can net you nice amounts of free XP fer game. Converting elite XP to free XP really isn't worth it. This game is about moving up the tiers, and yes that takes time. Sure, WG provided you with a way around this, but it's:

a) very expensive

b) you'll learn less

c) by learning less, you'll have less fun the higher up you get

• Cool 5

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles

Use FreeXP to update the modules, grind the ship. Converting is opening Pandora's box.. A bottomless hole for doubloons

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
1,550 posts
5,035 battles
10 minutes ago, HMS_Argosax said:

I have been converting 25:1 the whole time I have been playing. I want to farm XP so I can move on to the next tier. Until now I have only been using premiums to farm xp, now I will do it properly :)

I would suggest not hurrying too much to go up the tiers - there are lots of fun ships at mid tier, and you'll have time to practice the skills you'll need at higher tiers, not to mention get a few decent captains trained (which make an enormous difference, if the right captain skills are chosen)...

• Cool 2

[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,592 posts
8,747 battles
25 minutes ago, HMS_Argosax said:

I have a tier 7 bb: King George V Class and I cant seem to convert xp from it?

I recomend to read  Wows wiki section about Exp. http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Experience

And also whole Wiki before you start play high tiers. it will help you to understand a game mechanic. 

Players
380 posts

I'd also suggest at least waiting until tomorrow to convert XP as that's when the next 35-1 starts...

(And to be honest I find Tier VII the sweet spot so I'd also say no rush to get through KGV.)

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles
3 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I would suggest not hurrying too much to go up the tiers - there are lots of fun ships at mid tier, and you'll have time to practice the skills you'll need at higher tiers, not to mention get a few decent captains trained (which make an enormous difference, if the right captain skills are chosen)...

This! most ships starts to shine with commanders with minimum 10 points preferably 14.. If you just convert the way through a ship line you end up with low skill commanders. You'll shot yourself in the foot by doing this.

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles
4 minutes ago, HMS_Argosax said:

But how do you go up the tiers without converting XP? You cant keep elitexp on your ship?

Grinding through each ship.

On most ships researching all hulls and then the next ship.

[DC_DK]
Players
471 posts
2,248 battles
1 minute ago, HMS_Argosax said:

But how do you go up the tiers without converting XP? You cant keep elitexp on your ship?

shot-18_04.12_17_32.20-0402.thumb.jpg.afa56ce7e5bcbb10fa8be76d491d753f.jpg

Simply by grinding through the lines. This is from my main account. Never converted any XP. except once I had 6 or 9 doubloons I didn't know what to do with

Players
535 posts

When you earn EliteXP on a ship if you dont convert it to FreeXP before 24 hours is up, doesnt the EliteXP counter get reset to zero?

• Funny 1

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles
1 minute ago, HMS_Argosax said:

When you earn EliteXP on a ship if you dont convert it to FreeXP before 24 hours is up, doesnt the EliteXP counter get reset to zero?

Hell no!

Were did you get that??

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles
5 minutes ago, Yogibjoern said:

No it will always reside on the ship.

So you didn't grind 28M within the last 24 hours? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[SM0KE]
Players
1,550 posts
5,035 battles
10 minutes ago, HMS_Argosax said:

I suspect you may have missed one or two aspects of game mechanics, specifically the bits about how all aspects of xp work.

You don't have to pay real money for anything in the game from the regular tech trees (what people usually refer to as silver ships).

You probably want to read extensively from this site: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships Regarding the specific subject at hand, look here: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy (suggest reading it end to end).

I had a quick glance at your stats, to see where you are; it looks like you've played almost no games at lower tiers - is that correct (you may have another account somewhere else?)? I would suggest remedying that - playing a bunch of games (in various classes, of various nations) up to Tier 4 would be a good idea, to get a better handle on how all this stuff works. Bear in mind MM is more gentle before you start playing T5, so you only face +1 tier opponents - this enables you to try new things in a less harsh environment.

You don't need to worry about losing xp anywhere - it all stays somewhere on your account, until it is spent. The only thing that I can think of that re-sets with time is the xp counter relating to the daily containers.

BTW keep asking questions of more experienced players - they often will have invaluable information they're happy to share.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
16 minutes ago, HMS_Argosax said:

You can, for example, PLAY THE GODDAMNED SILVER SHIP. Since, you know, ship XP earned on particular ship doesn't need to be converted to research its modules and the next ship in line :Smile_sceptic:

Sign in to follow this