You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NothingButTheRain

Question about New Orleans anniversary camo and the split

3 comments in this topic

Question

Players
1,880 posts
5,879 battles

So I've been slowly grinding towards the tier 8 ships with the anniversary camos from last year. Very recently I've finally finished the grind of that quite dreadful Pensacola (I really tried to like her...but no), for which I don't have a perma camo, obviously.

Now I've finally unlocked New Orleans and one of the benefits of a perma camo is that I don't have to purchase a camo for credits every battle. I don't often have premium account so I'd rather not waste credits unless I have to and was looking forward to a full tier 8 grind with its perma camo.

But of course the cruiser split is on its way and everybody seems to know that any perma camo that ends up being on a ship that is changed, will basically be doubled.

But I don't know if the anniversary camo will also be moved from tier 8 to tier 7. I'd really not want to not having grinded with the anniversary camo through tier 7 and through tier 8, I'd probably have stopped at Pensa and waited till the NO with permacamo got moved to tier 7 instead.

Obviously I can't change the rules and if the anniversary camo gets removed from tier 8, I would be kinda vexed about it because I did my part to earn it with that collection and the camo kinda moves away from my grind (sorry, not native English here).

But...does anyone actually know if the anniversary camo will also be split like the paid premium camos, or will it stay at tier 8 or will it move to tier 7?

So 7+8, 7 or 8?

2 answers to this question

[VAR]
Players
598 posts
7,660 battles

If you have the anniversarycamo for NO it will follow the ship over to the new tier ... you will get the ship that replaces the NO but you will not get a free anniversarycamo for the ship that replace the NO

The standard is you will never loose anything when a line splits and most often you will get more than a fair compensation

From reddit

US-Cruiser Split: What to buy to prepare for it - if nothing changes (self.WorldOfWarships)

courtesy of LilJumpaEUTruth hurts

Øverst i skjemaet

Picture of the linesplit: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNnLYZqWAAAKo41.jpg

We already had two linesplits (IJN DD and RU DD) and both were handled similarly by WG when it comes to replacments.

So if you want to prepare in advance to grind ships and or credits here is what is most likely to happen:

In your port

What you will have after split

+

-

Captains and XP stay on the ships in this column

-

Omaha (5)

Omaha (5)

Unlock Option for Dallas (6)

Cleveland (6)

Pensacola (6)

Cleveland (8)

Pensacola (7)

New Orleans (7)

Pensacola (6)

New Orleans (8)

Baltimore (8)

New Orleans (7)

Baltimore (9)

Buffalo (9)

Baltimore (8)

Des Moines (10)

Des Moines (10)

--

If you receive a ship twice due to the split you will get credits for it.
Premium camouflages have been instated on the old ship (wherever it moves) and on the new ship taking its place in the old tech tree.
All capains and XP have been locked on the spot in the techtree where they were before the split.
Edit:
When the Ru split happened we received extra captains for the ships in the new line depending on the Tier.
So the new T8 Cleveland would receive a new 9pt Captain if it were handeled similarly.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,513 posts
6,365 battles
22 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Now I've finally unlocked New Orleans and one of the benefits of a perma camo is that I don't have to purchase a camo for credits every battle. I don't often have premium account so I'd rather not waste credits unless I have to and was looking forward to a full tier 8 grind with its perma camo.

To be honest you are better off always spending at least those... was it 7.5k credits on the "-3% detection" camo? You are stealthier = you generally live longer = you generally earn more.