You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nautical_Metaphor

USA Cruiser Split question

7 comments in this topic

Question

Players
873 posts
7,710 battles

So Flamu twittered the other day "With the way the upcoming split is working, buying the premium camo on the current T6 Cleveland is probably pretty tempting, as you'll get premium camo on both the T6 Pensa and T8 Cleveland."

4000(?) doubloons worth of perma camo for 1000 doubloons if I'm not mistaken - that does indeed sound sweet.

However, I unlocked and bought Pensacola outright last weekend.

So how will this go down? Should I sell her again to get this benefit? I'd lose some silver but that would be immaterial.

6 answers to this question

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles
3 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

So Flamu twittered the other day "With the way the upcoming split is working, buying the premium camo on the current T6 Cleveland is probably pretty tempting, as you'll get premium camo on both the T6 Pensa and T8 Cleveland."

4000(?) doubloons worth of perma camo for 1000 doubloons if I'm not mistaken - that does indeed sound sweet.

However, I unlocked and bought Pensacola outright last weekend.

So how will this go down? Should I sell her again to get this benefit? I'd lose some silver but that would be immaterial.

You always keep the ship and the tier

[PUPSI]
Players
5,872 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, LilJumpa sagte:

You always keep the ship and the tier

at least we think/hope so. Until now there is no official information (or I have missed it ) how the split  will be done regarding compensation and so on. We assume it will be like with the previous splits and WG has stated we shouldn't lose anything and that it will be similar, so it is very likely , but until now everything is guesswork. So at least I will not spend doubloons on perma camos until there is a portal article how the split will really be done :cap_money:

[CR-S]
Players
319 posts
17,586 battles

In short: keep both ships (Cleve and Pensa) and progress further along the line.

Buying the camo for Cleveland now will indeed save you 3000 dubloons after the split.

Keep Cleveland and just let her sit in port. If you put a fresh captain in her you will get a 8-pts captain after the split.

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Quality Poster
1,665 posts
8,282 battles

As previously linked by @Ulvesnutepostei in another topic.

[UNICS]
Players
2,786 posts
11,545 battles

So.. it is enough to have a Cleveland trained captain somewhere or does he have to be on the Cleveland when patchday arrives? He's on Atlanta now which I play in contrast to the Cleveland...

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Quality Poster
1,665 posts
8,282 battles

As @LilJumpa states in the above post on Reddit, in the previous split, the existing captain stayed on the tier it was at and you got a new one for the new ship.

You can always wait for the official information that should be available right before they go live.