Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

31 comments in this topic

Players
8 posts
12,247 battles

this over penetration meta is so annoying i mean if a cruiser is dumb enough to show u full broadside he needs to be punished, instead u hit and get those creepy over pens it is happening with US bb's especially, some times if u shoot on perfect broadsides u just get some OP instead of citadel damage or regular pens. for example Baltimore is one of the  paper Armour ship in the game i shot him with Montana with all 12 guns 8 hits and all over pens just 7k damage and he got away.these OP mechanics needs to  be recheck .

• Cool 1

[OGHF]
Players
528 posts
10,130 battles

Had you used HE, you would probably have wasted him. Two ammo choices are there for differant reasons and differant damage giving.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
13,678 posts
10,389 battles
14 minutes ago, Waqas_Bajwa_destroyer said:

this over penetration meta is so annoying i mean if a cruiser is dumb enough to show u full broadside he needs to be punished, instead u hit and get those creepy over pens it is happening with US bb's especially, some times if u shoot on perfect broadsides u just get some OP instead of citadel damage or regular pens. for example Baltimore is one of the  paper Armour ship in the game i shot him with Montana with all 12 guns 8 hits and all over pens just 7k damage and he got away.these OP mechanics needs to  be recheck .

You were really close (sub 6km) or the shells hit too high.

US BB have really slow shells that are pefect to take out Cruisers.

• Cool 2

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,556 posts
4,809 battles

At least they hit... which is RNG working partially in your favour... :)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,571 posts
6,401 battles
2 hours ago, Waqas_Bajwa_destroyer said:

Simple math. Unless your shells went through his main belt your flat hit didn't pass through enough armour to arm the AP fuzes, hence those shells harmlessly pass through. Working exactly as intended.

Players
8 posts
12,247 battles

i know how this over pens stuff works but there is something wrong with it. doesn't matter where are u shooting.i played almost 11k battles in this game but in last few months over pens are just killing every bb player.

[ONE2]
Players
2,318 posts
13,604 battles

It used to annoy me greatly in quite a few games too. Until I discovered that there are some situations and ships, in which HE works much better. There's nothing that actually prevents switching shell type from time-to-tome depending on target. :Smile_Default:

[CATS]
Players
13,678 posts
10,389 battles
29 minutes ago, Waqas_Bajwa_destroyer said:

i know how this over pens stuff works but there is something wrong with it. doesn't matter where are u shooting.i played almost 11k battles in this game but in last few months over pens are just killing every bb player.

My BB work fine. 

Players
364 posts
4,549 battles

Same here. Opened a topic about it even. No aim or angle seems to produce better results. Average is 87% overpens. It has come to the point where cruisers rush BBs fully broadside.

Not touching the Iowa again.

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
13,678 posts
10,389 battles

How do you rush broadside?

I am not aware that our cruisers can do this:

• Funny 4

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,708 posts
13,155 battles
7 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[BS4]
Players
672 posts
4,912 battles
8 hours ago, Cyclops_ said:

Had you used HE, you would probably have wasted him. Two ammo choices are there for differant reasons and differant damage giving.

This....HE all the way for destroyers. AP is currently ineffective against them period.

[OGHF]
Players
528 posts
10,130 battles
6 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

This....HE all the way for destroyers. AP is currently ineffective against them period.

All well and good, but I am grinding the RN CL line, no HE :Smile_facepalm:, but at least we get short fuses for our AP :cap_rambo:

[BS4]
Players
672 posts
4,912 battles
1 minute ago, Cyclops_ said:

All well and good, but I am grinding the RN CL line, no HE :Smile_facepalm:, but at least we get short fuses for our AP :cap_rambo:

Ha Ha I was going to put unless your playing RN Line....I too have ground this line till Neptune so far, My conclusion is that we are at a bit of a disadvantage in the current meta...they are Just TOO situational. 

Fiji is as good as it gets IMO teir for tier.

Players
364 posts
4,549 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

You come out of cover fully broadside. Not kitting or sailing ahead. Just coming out of cover. Some don't even bother shooting the BB, just torping because they know it will all overpen through them like they are DDs.

None of this happened to me up to T7. From T8 onwards it became the overpen fest.

I just gave up trying.

[OGHF]
Players
528 posts
10,130 battles
1 hour ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Ha Ha I was going to put unless your playing RN Line....I too have ground this line till Neptune so far, My conclusion is that we are at a bit of a disadvantage in the current meta...they are Just TOO situational. 

Fiji is as good as it gets IMO teir for tier.

I am actually really enjoying grinding the RN CL line, yes very situational as you say, but as long as you make the situation you do well.

Currently  doing well on Leander & Fiji 58-59% win rate, just need to get better on 5he Edinburgh & Neptune 46-49% WR.

[CR33D]
Players
2,894 posts
14,848 battles
7 hours ago, Waqas_Bajwa_destroyer said:

From close range you must aim lower. (I assume you shot from close range) If you played 11k battles in this game you should know this. Or wait until its angled. You are not gonna get overpens but pens or citadels.

[HR]
Beta Tester
782 posts
7,753 battles
15 hours ago, Cyclops_ said:

HE with montana? People like you are part of the problem, no offense.

[ONE2]
Players
2,318 posts
13,604 battles
14 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

There is one ship, which could conceivably accomplish that. THE AWESOME - EVER GLORIOUS POPOFFKA!!! :cap_haloween:

pop1.jpg.22178edb4a61516797058631e99fa9ce.jpg:cap_wander:pop2.jpg.c66b8c755e55fe2a95703ac41e4d6cae.jpg

Sadly, not YET in game tho... :cap_hmm:

• Funny 1

[OGHF]
Players
528 posts
10,130 battles
6 hours ago, P2Win said:

Part of the problem, don’t think so, if you know you will over pen a CA/CL/DD with AP  when in a BB, the obvious  choice is to use HE, common sense really, no offence.

• Cool 2

[CSN]
Players
311 posts
2,770 battles
8 hours ago, P2Win said:

Nope, people like you who dont know anything and lecture others are problem.

HE in montana is situational and not bad

• Cool 1

Players
364 posts
4,549 battles

AP on broadsides from my Iowa only arms if I am at least 15Km away. Friendlies complaint I am too far back. I push forward and switch to HE, only get module hits with zero damage. FML

Today was a new one. Full penetrations for zero damage. Somehow when I removed the 3 million credits aim upgrade the shells continued to group the same way, so I can only conclude AP is useless at its tier. Waterline, bowline, mid ship, under B turret, it doesn't matter. No AP salvo is reliable. Nevermind dispersion. Even the ones that hit overpen or do zero damage. After 10 straight losses I switched to other tier BBs. Immediately I noticed a difference. Reliable penetration damage. Good aim being rewarded and so on.

I guess T8/T10 is not for me. I get no enjoyment and I cannot make it work.

[CATS]
Players
13,678 posts
10,389 battles

Wonder how I managed to oneshot broadside cruisers in Iowa, Missouri and NC....:cap_yes:

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
7,809 posts
6,439 battles

I read all kind of BS everyday, but saying Montana AP isn't effective against broadside cruiser is a new one. Wow. Guess all those devastating strike were a pure product of my imagination.

Sometimes, yes, AP trolls you. Most often though, and especially at close range, I do a minimum of 20k damage.

59 minutes ago, EgyptOverseer said:

AP on broadsides from my Iowa only arms if I am at least 15Km away.

BS.

[CR33D]
Players
2,894 posts
14,848 battles
5 hours ago, Cyclops_ said:

Part of the problem, don’t think so, if you know you will over pen a CA/CL/DD with AP  when in a BB, the obvious  choice is to use HE, common sense really, no offence.

No just no! Against cas and cls there is absolutely no need to use HE with montana. Unless wg changes BB AP on DDs, you also dont need to use HE. Montana HE is not bad. Against angled BBs, its really good. But against CAs, CLs and DDs its just stupid to use HE.

Sign in to follow this