Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HelldiverGr

Is this a war game?

14 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
6,944 posts
9,129 battles

Because the "game" part is the operative word, not the "war".

The game is meant to be entertaining and insults are hardly conductive of such (though you're free to trade friendly barbs and banter, a good friendly trashtalk is half the fun in PvP games).

Players
65 posts
7 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Because the "game" part is the operative word, not the "war".

The game is meant to be entertaining and insults are hardly conductive of such (though you're free to trade friendly barbs and banter, a good friendly trashtalk is half the fun in PvP games).

Oh ok, and I ve thought that war is all about pure rage...So why we make WAR games?

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,052 posts
9,616 battles
29 minutes ago, HelldiverGr said:

If this is a WAR game, why people do not allow to insult others?

Is it not war the most insulting thing?

Whats the point? What do you mean with insults? WG has some chat gidelines if you want to use this is a wargame as a excuse to inulting in non excusable way be prepared to deal with the fallout wich can be a perma ban depending on what you do. This isnt some rollplay flamewar with anything goes kind of comunication. You step out of bound you get reported wich mutes you automatical if it happens too much. If you radically go overboard your chatlog might see wargaming in form of a replay atached to a ticket.  

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,842 posts
3,714 battles
42 minutes ago, HelldiverGr said:

Oh ok, and I ve thought that war is all about pure rage...

It is not.

Not sure what you are on about tbh.

Players
1,196 posts
3,451 battles
15 hours ago, HelldiverGr said:

14 hours ago, HelldiverGr said:

Oh ok, and I ve thought that war is all about pure rage...So why we make WAR games?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WorthyOpponent/RealLifeCombat

War is fought between different state's millitary forces. Those men (and women) serving for their country are professionals who do so to keep their home safe.

They fight with honour and dignity.

Insults and giving in to one's rage are not mature or professional things to do, nor are they honourable or dignified and as such should be left to the playground.

FYI, in the above article I linked to, scroll down untill you get to the story of USS Johnston. THAT is how war is fought.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
4,994 posts
2,939 battles
10 hours ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

FYI, in the above article I linked to, scroll down untill you get to the story of USS Johnston. THAT is how war is fought.

Ah yeah...

During actual war : Japanese soldiers saluting the burning , sinking hull of Johnston as a token of respect for the outstanding resistance they pulled out.

Nowadays : WaR Iz abOuT INSULTS lol

Makes you wonder how...

• Cool 2

Players
730 posts
11,514 battles
On 11/4/2018 at 10:57 PM, HelldiverGr said:

On 11/4/2018 at 11:11 PM, HelldiverGr said:

Sorry man, but I think you were born a couple of millennia late: during ancient Rome the Temple of Janus was closed during peacetime, which only happened twice before Augustus (and the temple was built, according to the tradition, during Numa's reign shortly after the foundation of the city). And even the Romans didn't rage: they took everything related to law and war with a brutally effective approach, not letting their emotions go out of control by small nuisances.

What are war games? Well, if you follow the proper order of words by importance, they're games depicting war-like scenarios. They were initially envisioned as a way for letting officers and the general staff think what to do, how to do it, what would be needed and what should be implemented in preparation for a future war. Hence, they're an environment for R&D, which is a serious matter. Even if they have been stylized and, so to say, "democratized" and turned into an entertainment. Just consider that chess basically represents a battlefield with two armies in the usual formation during ancient times: rooks are chariots, knights are cavalry, bishops are elephants, pawns are infantry... even the original word for check-mate means "the king is helpless", signalling the typical aftermath of a defeat. Would you rage and insult because of a certain piece being taken? Wouldn't you consider childish such behaviour? Unfortunately, the sense of anonymity and impunity that on-line activities allow doesn't help in restraining oneself: people (i.e., on-line players) were a lot more polite in the early 2000's for the simple reason (among others) that the fist right to your side could belong to someone you're raging at.

There are a couple of quotes I like because they contrast and complement each other very nicely:

• "In every real man there's a hidden child that wants to play" F. W. Nietzsche.
  • "Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play" Heraclitus.

So maybe the insults, the necessity of using them too often, just reveal that someone hasn't grown up enough.

Salute.

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,970 posts
5,449 battles

Is this a troll topic?

• Cool 1

Players
65 posts

No it is just I ve seen in many games that you cannot actualy write anything flamming or offensive : eg : chat appears as :**** you ****** you ***** *****?

So why in this chat people are allowed to swear so much? My mother my father, my family, my sickness and all that?

Put a moderated chat cause you know why? I am not a robot when someone insulting me I cannot just stand and watch the insults. I will reply. defending myself. Is this wrong too?

And usualy the offender manages to make his team ban me in the end.

This report abusing isn't made for kids. (cannot work for kids)

So if wargaming realy cares about the children in this game, then they should implement a more sensitive chat that will not allow at all offensive language to be seen.

IMHO always.

ALSO, when you chat ban an officer, at LEAST you have to allow the CLAN chat for him, not perma chat ban.

This auto ban robot first bans the player and AFTER the moderators will check your mail and log, and ONLY if you make a ticket.

This usualy takes one day, so fair or not you will get chat banned for one day.

So if you are in a CV the LEAST you hear all day long is: ''USELESS CV''. This is the LEAST you hear. I will not refer to other offensive words, we all know them. (do I have to report all this all day?

I should, but you see they are so busy that they only allow you 6 reports per day,

while we are usualy get offended in EVERY game.

CV's AND DDs get the most commands and offense. DD spot, DD smoke, DD CAP. IF you don't? Players start flamming at you and: report abuse, report abuse.

Players
1,196 posts
3,451 battles

@HelldiverGr

Okay, so your point wasn't about warfare and insults, but about you responding to someone's provocation and getting chatbanned as a result? :Smile_facepalm:

Here's my tip:

Don't respond to them.

There, fixed.

Have a nice day.:Smile_honoring:

[CATS]
Players
13,666 posts
10,389 battles
On 17/04/2018 at 5:02 PM, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

@HelldiverGr

Okay, so your point wasn't about warfare and insults, but about you responding to someone's provocation and getting chatbanned as a result? :Smile_facepalm:

I am not surprised. His behaviour here on the forum is already proof enough for his character

Sign in to follow this