You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Strefs

CCT Summit 2018: Some juicy news from St. Petersburg

73 comments in this topic

Community Contributor, Beta Tester
292 posts
5,119 battles

Hello everyone!

I bring some nice, juicy hi-res information from the CCT Summit in St. Petersburg! Without further ado, let's jump right into it

BALANCE CHANGES:unknown.png?width=962&height=530
A quick word on buffs to existing ships. As some of you might be aware, Shimakaze is getting a concealment buff, she goes from 7.56 to 7.11km!

German cruiser Admiral Hipper receives a  faster rudder shift - 9.2 s - and an improved reload of 11.5s on upgraded hulls! Prinz Eugen receives the long awaited repair party consumable, making her probably one of the most desirable cruisers at t8 now!

In addition to these ship changes, Aircraft spotting of torpedoes has been nerfed down to half of their base detection value. This means that a Japanese long lance with 1.6km detection range will only be spotted by an aircraft within 800m.

ANTI-ABUSE:

unknown.pngWe now have a more unique Anit-Abuse system in works. Pink names will now be considered a warning, further offenses will result  in a ban from Operations, Ranked, as well as Randoms, but will still let you participate in Clan Battles, as well as Training rooms and Coop.

TIDBITS:unknown.png

There are a plethora of UI and quality of life improvements too. For instance, we now have the option to enable potential as well as spotting damage indicators. There are new ribbons for bombers, new achievements for carriers, as well as more extensive tool-tips on upgrades and captain skills (finally!).

Incoming in the next few updates: matchmaker changes, I don't have the full information on this, so we'll have to wait and see.

Some of the mid-low tier Battleships and cruisers now have access to float planes (Wyoming, Koenig, NY, Iron Duke, La Galissonniere!)

Next ranked season will be T8 and T10:

unknown.png

We are getting a new team based event:

unknown.png

AMERICAN SPLIT!

Probably not really news anymore, but there are definitely some interesting extras coming together with the USNCL/CA split!

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=962&height=518

unknown.pngunknown.png

A unique captain, some interesting looking skins/camo, as well as a totally new collection!

And, you are going to love this: NIGHT BATTLES!

unknown.png

IJN Akizuki Line is getting more love.

unknown.pngunknown.png

What we can expect:

Kitakaze is Hull number 5077, not laid down, cancelled. She was to be the lead ship of the Super-Akizuki Class. 36.7kn top speed, 6 torpedoes in a single sextuple mount. Same 10cm Type 98 dual purpose mounts.

Somewhat confusing, is this part:

unknown.png

Project V6 was to be the improved Super-Shimakaze, which was later re-purposed to be the new Super Akizuki, or Akizuki-Kai-class. The actual designation of the Super Akizuki-class, was however, Project V7 . I don't think that this will really change anything in the long run.

Then we have: Harugumo... didn't exist. This one's... A bit more fictional, She seems to have gotten an extra Type 98 mount, looks to be a little more sleek, but larger.

Both boast improved AA over the Akizuki (dear god), Maybe Defensive Fire (my speculations, not WG). We don't know just yet. What I can tell you though, is that they are (at least Harugumo, but it looks like they're also on the Kitakaze) armed with 40mm Bofors "Chi" prototype AA guns. A huge improvement over those 25mms you find on virtually all Japanese ships exlcusively.

The duck-hype is real, although these aren't really ducks anymore, if you call them this purely by their name.

• Cool 15

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,577 battles

No leaks or any rumours regarding Carriers?

• Cool 1

292 posts
5,119 battles
1 minute ago, Boris_MNE said:

No leaks or any rumours regarding Carriers?

not to my awareness.

There's some info on some CCT swag, and like the aforementioned matchmaker. But nothing palpable on carriers

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,388 posts
9,577 battles
Just now, Strefs said:

not to my awareness.

There's some info on some CCT swag, and like the aforementioned matchmaker. But nothing palpable on carriers

Thank you :)

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,831 posts
3,714 battles
20 minutes ago, Strefs said:

And, you are going to love this: NIGHT BATTLES!

YASEN?!

Hope that they flesh it out and bring it to PvP. Give us searchlights, starshells, regular lighting etc. And make the night actually dark (unlike a lot of other games) where you need those tools to see further ahead.

But seriously duck hype!

• Cool 1

Players
90 posts
5,973 battles
Just now, Strefs said:

that is not palpable information, you see.

I know, but it is news that its still being worked on instead of it being some words and hot air.

[SCRUB]
Players
6,912 posts
9,129 battles

Did they elaborate on the ballistics change? All I'm seeing is that one presentation slide and that's not much use barring preliminary speculation without a bit more information.

[TENGO]
Players
1,454 posts
8,161 battles
9 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Did they elaborate on the ballistics change?

Which change? Are you referring to the bb on dd? Cause I have no clue what else they've been "working" at.

Beta Tester
256 posts
8,325 battles

I hope the night time works so we can have the possibility of a Cape Esperance Operation in October.  

• Cool 2

Players
379 posts

Bull Halsey? Maybe a captain with carrier special skills to give some love to the CV-peeps.

Interesting about new operation and new team based event.

PTS page mentioned Orion's "main battery salvo density was decreased (sigma parameter 1.6 instead of 1.8)." so that and adding a floatplane to Iron Duke might make them a bit more distinct from each other. 

Players
2,149 posts
3,836 battles

I know for already announced content of patch 0.7.4, but is this new unique commander and new camo for Worchester are coming in same patch or later?

[DREAD]
Players
305 posts
3 hours ago, Exocet6951 said:

unknown.png&key=998a9010fc9a39e8da771c37

Wow. Not a fan of the camo on the bottom, but the upper one reminds me of WH40k ships of the Imperial Fleet. Love it. To bad it is a cruiser, where I suck at.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
617 posts
5,628 battles

All looks very good. Thanks for compiling OP :Smile_medal:

292 posts
5,119 battles
2 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

I know for already announced content of patch 0.7.4, but is this new unique commander and new camo for Worchester are coming in same patch or later?

If we go with what WG said during WGFest 2017, we can safely say that both the ships as well as special commanders/ports and events will be released together.

6 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Did they elaborate on the ballistics change? All I'm seeing is that one presentation slide and that's not much use barring preliminary speculation without a bit more information.

They did, not part of this presentation. There should be a bigger announcement once WG is finalizing these changes!

Players
2,149 posts
3,836 battles
9 minutes ago, Strefs said:

If we go with what WG said during WGFest 2017, we can safely say that both the ships as well as special commanders/ports and events will be released together.

They did, not part of this presentation. There should be a bigger announcement once WG is finalizing these changes!

Nice. Another unique commander would be nice to have in collection but, this will be 2nd commander of same nation (US Navy) as we have John Doe already.

Isnt now the time for some German or some other? What about that new Russian commander with Bulgarian name?

• Cool 1

292 posts
5,119 battles
1 minute ago, Hades_warrior said:

Nice. Another unique commander would be nice to have in collection but, this will be 2nd commander of same nation (US Navy) as we have John Doe already.

Isnt now the time for some German or some other? What about that new Russian commander with Bulgarian name?

Again, this is in direct connection with the tech tree releases. If it were a German Ship line, I am sure we'd have a German unique commander. Since these changes are pretty new, we've only had a French and an American commander so far.

[HAERT]
Players
2,020 posts
53 minutes ago, Strefs said:

Again, this is in direct connection with the tech tree releases. If it were a German Ship line, I am sure we'd have a German unique commander. Since these changes are pretty new, we've only had a French and an American commander so far.

Actually there's also:-

Jack Dunkirk (Royal Navy)

Yamamoto (IJN)

• Cool 1

Players
730 posts
11,468 battles
1 hour ago, Hades_warrior said:

1 hour ago, Strefs said:

6 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Actually there's also:-

Jack Dunkirk (Royal Navy)

Yamamoto (IJN)

And the French one, Jean-Jacques Honoré. By the time they introduce a Russian commander, better be Mr. Russianbias (the one that came with the dreaded submarine) or, even better, Dasha. Just kidding, but it would be a nice internal joke.

Salute.

[DREAD]
Players
305 posts
9 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

I think, he is rather the US version of Yamamoto. Halsey was commander of the Pacific Fleet in WW2. So probably two big impacts, rarely activated instead of small ones always active.

Other then that, yeah, I would absolutely prefer a german one. Especially since they are so long in the game already, and there were some quite significant too, without Nazi connection, like Scheer, Hipper, Spee, or von Mücke. To some extend Tirpitz, though he was more an architect, rather than naval battle commander.

A russian one would be ok.. but the russian fleet is so... uninteresting.

[HMSR]
Players
1,627 posts
5,839 battles

For a german commander i have 2 names:

1. Alfred von Tirpitz

2. Franz von Hipper

For the russian commander (was mentioned quite a few times) 

if it would be possible:

1. Sean Connery

Just my thoughts :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

Players
877 posts
11,126 battles
4 hours ago, josykay said:

A russian one would be ok.. but the russian fleet is so... uninteresting.

That is, but that is not necessarily the fault of the captains / admirals. For example, Makarov might have been a celebrated genius of almost similar caliber like Mahan, should he not be so misfortunate to born under russian flag. Hell, I'd even take Rozhestvensky.

And anyone but a soviet.