You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BrettMRC

Increase in Saltiness

30 comments in this topic

[TIDES]
Players
70 posts
2,896 battles

Noticed an increase in saltiness of late, both frequency and harshness.

Is it just because the kids are off school...?

Getting more like an FPS/WOT - I don't mind debate/arguements in chat, but of late it just seems to be degenerating into abuse/insults directed at your own team.

Mostly happens in T7/8/9/10 matches.

Maybe I'm getting old.... :cap_old:

[SCRUB]
Players
6,899 posts
9,129 battles

Can't say it's noticably worse than before. Chat in PvP multiplayers is always filled with salt and WoWs was smackdab in the ballpark for that (not particularily bad or tame either way, though with notably fewer haccusation than in other PvP online games I played).

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles
8 minutes ago, BrettMRC said:

increase in saltiness

Good good... my Khabarovsk is fueled by salt/hate. :Smile_trollface:

Maybe she will finally reach 50 knots then...

• Funny 3

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,571 posts
6,642 battles
4 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

It's like you're so close...

Maybe downhill...

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
6,899 posts
9,129 battles
5 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

Maybe if you shoot your guns backwards the recoil will help accelerating.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,590 battles
14 minutes ago, BrettMRC said:

Getting more like an FPS/WOT - I don't mind debate/arguements in chat, but of late it just seems to be degenerating into abuse/insults directed at your own team.

Might be a subjective thing - I personally seem to notice less salt than usual lately... although not by much.

Players
136 posts
3,209 battles
23 minutes ago, BrettMRC said:

Noticed an increase in saltiness of late

Inrease in saltiness = increase in water density = ships sitting higher in water = you can citadel battleships.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 5

[SCRUB]
Players
6,899 posts
9,129 battles
8 minutes ago, LazyInsight said:

Inrease in saltiness = increase in water density = ships sitting higher in water = you can citadel battleships.

DON'T TELL THEM OUR PLAN!!!!

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles
1 minute ago, Aotearas said:

DON'T TELL THEM OUR PLAN!!!!

Installing "no rust skins mod" right now...

[BS4]
Players
659 posts
4,889 battles

Schools out ...lot of Mum jokes on chat....and general insults...

I saw yesterday ..."your mums so fat etc etc...

meh....roll on Tuesday....

Weekend Tester
2,257 posts
7,253 battles
2 hours ago, BrettMRC said:

Rather very unfavourable rng where you either eat tons of damage at crazy angles or can't do any damage despite enemy giving you full broadside or both at the same time.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,440 posts
7,771 battles

I really wanted to play this evening, but RNG said nope.

Outplaying an enemy DD. Gun him down and do a 180 and when I'm going in the opposite direction of when I was fighting him, of course a random torp spread from his dead DD at exactly the second in time when I can't avoid them. Dead 4 min into the battle.

Or Graf Spee, getting citadelled from a 20km unspotted Kongo and then getting chased by two DDs for the rest of the battle because my CV wanted to get torped instead of spotting the enemy DDs.

The entire evening the same crap. Single torps coming in exactly where my 10m wide stern is pointing while sitting in smoke.

This game would be so much more reliably fun if you wouldn't just get randomly crapped on by dice rolls.

[DIKI]
Players
802 posts
295 battles
4 hours ago, BrettMRC said:

Sorry to say but with 47% wr and below 30k DMG and over 1k games you must admit to yourself that problem is not just on other side of fence. 

[CR33D]
Players
2,887 posts
14,776 battles
5 hours ago, BrettMRC said:

Playerbase is getting worse and worse. This might be the reason of the saltiness you see in chat. In every single game there are multiple tier 10 "players" who have absolutely no idea about what to do/how to do. And if you see those "players" derping around like headless chickens, saltiness level rises. 

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,333 posts
12,564 battles
14 hours ago, eliastion said:

Might be a subjective thing - I personally seem to notice less salt than usual lately... although not by much.

Its because ive been playing very little lately. :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
1,040 posts
13,957 battles
12 hours ago, Geralt_z_Rivii365 said:

Rather very unfavourable rng where you either eat tons of damage at crazy angles or can't do any damage despite enemy giving you full broadside or both at the same time.

This sounds alot like the mutsu

[BGNAV]
Players
741 posts
13,827 battles
17 hours ago, BrettMRC said:

w8 for ranked to kick in :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
2,260 posts
17 hours ago, BrettMRC said:

Free XP your way up to T10 without gaining experience at each ship then reap the rewards I'm afraid.

Players
649 posts
7,909 battles

I had a particularly nasty fella, an ally no less, in a recent game in my Z-52..because I wasn't playing the game the way he wanted me to the list of names he threw at me were considerable. As he was dead, within 3 minutes, I told him that as he was dead he should stfu and let me play my game the way I want to play it.. The guy stayed as a spectator throughout the entire game and even though I won the game through with an Alsace, we were the last 2 ships against 4 by 14 minutes, the abuse continued. After helping Alsace sink 3 ships with my torpedoes and capping A&B cap zones I get fed up with the abuse and so typed in that I could give him a tissue for his tears or organise his mum to give him a great hug to console him.. I got many lol from other people watching and it was only then that the abuse stopped... I ended the game by destroying the last enemy DD Z-46 with my guns.. Back in port the Alsace captain messaged me saying that I should ignore d**k**ads like that.

It must be more that the children are perhaps glued to their computer chairs, bored stiff or stir crazy, wishing that they could perhaps perform better??

I think instead they should perhaps go and play football in the park with their friends, if they have any, in the real world instead as such anger in a game cannot be good for their delicate bodies... they might burst a blood vessel... or burst a tear duct...

• Funny 2

[TIDES]
Players
70 posts
2,896 battles
On 11/04/2018 at 9:36 PM, veslingr said:

Sorry to say but with 47% wr and below 30k DMG and over 1k games you must admit to yourself that problem is not just on other side of fence. 

On 12/04/2018 at 10:57 AM, bushwacker001 said:

Free XP your way up to T10 without gaining experience at each ship then reap the rewards I'm afraid.

Interesting points guys... so what you are saying is that only having a few hours a week free to play the game means I am essentially unwelcome?

Think you might want to take a step back and re-read, because I'm sure you don't intend to come accross that way?

Expletive laden abuse is not actually the best way to get a point accross you know....

Players
552 posts
4,472 battles
9 minutes ago, BrettMRC said:

Interesting points guys... so what you are saying is that only having a few hours a week free to play the game means I am essentially unwelcome?

Think you might want to take a step back and re-read, because I'm sure you don't intend to come accross that way?

Expletive laden abuse is not actually the best way to get a point accross you know....

That's funny, the people you are quoting used absolutely no expletives at all ...

Having only a few hours a week to play isn't a problem. Not a soul is saying that. What they ARE saying is that paying your way to endgame without learning your way there first is a problem, and that players who do that are usually much less skill than t10 play requires. Naturally, teams don't like teammates who don't pull their weight, and thus, the salt. Nothing personal.

• Cool 2

Players
2,260 posts
43 minutes ago, BrettMRC said:

I think you should re-read as well because I never said anything about being unwelcome, I couldn't give a monkeys what you play, when you play, what tier you play etc etc. I only pointed out that if you rush to high tiers with not much ship experience and then fail to contribute your fair share in a battle (or probably most battles) then you are setting yourself up for some abuse maybe. It's the internet, it's what happens.

• Cool 1

[TIDES]
Players
70 posts
2,896 battles

My initial point was that there is more abuse of late... not normally directed at yours truely as a rule! ;)

Beta Tester
130 posts
10,824 battles

it just gets tiresome battle after battle to see dd's who cant spot or cap or do anything useful or t10 carrier who keeps his planes around himself mostly doing nothing ... later checking his stats, seeing 400+ battles on midway with amazing winrate of 26%, or total winrate 41, how the fck one is supposed to get sweet about that ....

today again prime example - 3 cap map, we have 2 dd's (yugumo and gadjah), enemy 3. our gadjah goes to cap, yugumo goes "hunting" ... shooted several times this sucker .... wtf you will do these fcking morons

Edited by hellhound666
new info
  • Cool 2