Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ABED1984

Leaked Images For Two New IJN Destroyers!

42 comments in this topic

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,013 posts
28,415 battles

Looks like better Akizuki varients.

image.jpg?width=867&height=650

image.jpg?width=1155&height=650

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,159 posts
9,935 battles

I wonder if these will get Def AA .. :cap_hmm:

5x Akizuki's turrets would be nice :cap_rambo::cap_haloween:

[SCRUB]
Players
6,914 posts
9,129 battles

Kitakaze looks like one version of the Super-Akizuki. So expect the same flavour, just a bit faster and more shortrange AA.

The papership tier X though is something I'm wary about. 5x2 100mm guns sounds nice, but I fear the size of the ship necessary for that is going to really screw with the detectability. And considering the whole shtick of the Akizuki is being a DD hunter-killer with competitive concealment, if it ends up getting subpar detectability values all that precious main battery dpm isn't going to find much application.

Personally I would've preferred to bump the Akizuki to tier IX (she really is tier IX material, that dpm will shred even Gearings, etc. ... all she needs is a slight bump for her softstats, maybe give her the option to choose between DFAA and TRB and violá) and then have the Super-Akizuki at tier X. Tier VIII could've been replaced with another more standard'y IJN DD (of which there's plenty around without having to get esoteric with paper designs).

So overall I'm a bit sceptical.

• Cool 4

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
2 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Kitakaze looks like one version of the Super-Akizuki. So expect the same flavour, just a bit faster and more shortrange AA.

The papership tier X though is something I'm wary about. 5x2 100mm guns sounds nice, but I fear the size of the ship necessary for that is going to really screw with the detectability. And considering the whole shtick of the Akizuki is being a DD hunter-killer with competitive concealment, if it ends up getting subpar detectability values all that precious main battery dpm isn't going to find much application.

Personally I would've preferred to bump the Akizuki to tier IX (she really is tier IX material, that dpm will shred even Gearings, etc. ... all she needs is a slight bump for her softstats, maybe give her the option to choose between DFAA and TRB and violá) and then have the Super-Akizuki at tier X. Tier VIII could've been replaced with another more standard'y IJN DD (of which there's plenty around without having to get esoteric with paper designs).

Yeah, Akizuki doesn't really need more guns and she would be a great t9 ship with just some slight buffing (like hp to be as tanky tier-for-tier compared to others as she is now compared to other t8 stuff). And it's always nice to have real (as in, at least planned) ships at the top of the tree when possible. The 10-gun version sounds like a monster that either will be brokenly overpowered (with competitive concealment) or some strange gimmicky thing that's basically a light cruiser without a citadel.

Still, I'm glad to see them thinking about finishing the tree. So, well, I guess there's some hype too, seeing how much I love my Akizuki :Smile-_tongue:

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,876 posts
6,765 battles

Ever since I saw this 5-turret Akizuki by Tzoli, I wanted to see it as 3D model as well. Seems like that dream somehow comes true now. (The designs aren't exactly the same, but whatever. It looks gorgeous imo.)

Spoiler

Super Akizuki

[BFS]
Beta Tester
753 posts
4,577 battles

Won't a TX premium 'break the mold' unless it's a clan wars reward ship?

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles
5 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

Huh... what premium?? :cap_wander_2:

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
5 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

These aren't premiums but rather the missing t9 and t10 silver ships from the IJN DD branch that currently ends with t8 Akizuki, as can be seen on the pictures OP and Seeteufel provided.

[HMSR]
Players
1,629 posts
5,846 battles

Two stats i would love to see, the hp pool of these ships and most importantly the turning radius, the TX looks like its going to have a pretty big one (DD wise)  :cap_yes: 

[HAERT]
Players
2,024 posts
2 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Two stats i would love to see, the hp pool of these ships and most importantly the turning radius, the TX looks like its going to have a pretty big one (DD wise)  :cap_yes: 

Plus the Akizuki can basically be overtaken by an exhausted snail, I do hope they give these 2 a better turn of speed than her 2 predecessors. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,832 posts
3,714 battles

T9 Akizuki kai was designed for a speed of 36.7 knots
If the T9 and 10 get that and can switch TRB for Def AA everything will be great.

• Cool 1

[PIKAS]
Beta Tester
1,189 posts
5,513 battles

as already said, i also fear forthe turnradius (looooong ship) and the concealment of this T10.....

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,052 posts
9,616 battles
50 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

im rather sceptical about "larger"  Aki...Superakis were desighned as faster so if the other aspect of her geting worse she gets in the realm of CV Turning circle.....

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
915 posts
10,946 battles

Oh gib gib plis ! Me want !

Im afraid it might suffer greatly thou if it gets outspotted by all other DD's and cant really dodge torps becasue of speed and size. Dont want it to be a Minotaur with HE :/

[RNG4]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Getting DBZ fusion flashbacks here.

Kitakami + Shimakaze = Kitakaze

Harekaze + Yugumo = Harugumo

:Smile_teethhappy:

Btw: Where are those pictures (and the ones about the AP fix) from? Looks like someone secretly made a photo while the concepts were presented in a WG meeting. :Smile_hiding:

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,052 posts
9,616 battles
1 hour ago, blanc091 said:

Yes please, esp the tier X !

Now just replace the 10 hour reload 6 tube lancher with another 100mm Turet .........

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
1 hour ago, Tungstonid said:

Getting DBZ fusion flashbacks here.

Kitakami + Shimakaze = Kitakaze

Harekaze + Yugumo = Harugumo

:Smile_teethhappy:

Btw: Where are those pictures (and the ones about the AP fix) from? Looks like someone secretly made a photo while the concepts were presented in a WG meeting. :Smile_hiding:

Not so secretly and not on WG meeting - it was from a big-ish meeting with community contributors in Russia.

[SCRUB]
Players
6,914 posts
9,129 battles
2 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Not so secretly and not on WG meeting - it was from a big-ish meeting with community contributors in Russia.

Many Bothans died to bring us this information. Don't be so callous about their sacrifice!

• Funny 2

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,688 posts
13,121 battles

:etc_swear:, they're making me want to grind the IJN DD line again.

[HAERT]
Players
2,024 posts
58 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

:etc_swear:, they're making me want to grind the IJN DD line again.

I've just started, I had Akizuki nearly researched, but I'd given up and gone down the Shimakaze route, just bought the Akizuki and had a fair bit of fun in it.

It's slow and sluggish, but the guns really sing, enemy CV came nowhere near me so I didn't get to try the AA. 

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,688 posts
13,121 battles
4 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

enemy CV came nowhere near me so I didn't get to try the AA

Well, that I can answer from the receiving side.

Akizuki AA is either okay-ish or extremely brutal depending on how many skills and upgrades you decide to take. Full AA she is untouchable by same/lower tier CVs and a difficult target to pursue even in higher tier ones, but if you only take e.g. BFT you will still get crippled or outright killed against a same tier CV unless he thoroughly overstays his welcome.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
32 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

I've just started, I had Akizuki nearly researched, but I'd given up and gone down the Shimakaze route, just bought the Akizuki and had a fair bit of fun in it.

It's slow and sluggish, but the guns really sing, enemy CV came nowhere near me so I didn't get to try the AA. 

Be happy. The AA on this thing SEEMS nice but in reality Akizuki is surprisingly vulnerable to strikes. She has no defensive AA to scatter them and her raw AA power, while amazing for a DD her tier, isn't something that's going to wipe out whole strikes - even if you specced for it. And when the strike DOES get to you - good luck dodging with that Akizuki-special speed and turning circle...

I don't say that her AA is useless, mind you - if a dogfight takes place over you, you CAN help your CV. And if you are next to a friendly BB, you CAN contribute to the planes falling out of the sky. And if a CV (especially of equal of lower tier) tries to park a squadron over you for perma-spotting, the spotting won't prove very "perma". But if you get caught by enemy strike coming for you? Despite all your tankiness and AA, better kiss your stern goodbye (especially if the CV happens to outtier you - you might be somewhat ok against a t6).

Sign in to follow this