Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Lord0

HMS Dreadnought - where is she?

46 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[ANV]
[ANV]
Players
159 posts

I don't think I need to go into the significance of the ship so like the title says: where is HMS Dreadnought?

 

Upcoming premium?

Reward ship?

A. N. Other?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles
2 minutes ago, Lord0 said:

I don't think I need to go into the significance of the ship so like the title says: where is HMS Dreadnought?

 

Upcoming premium?

Reward ship?

A. N. Other?

She has suffered the same fate as the 100th year commemoration for the Battle of Jutland - not important because not russian/soviet:cap_old:

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ANV]
[ANV]
Players
159 posts
21 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Upcoming premium.

 

Have patience.

Do you have a link/evidence for this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,559 posts
9,086 battles
4 minutes ago, Turin7 said:

Sneak Peek:

 

  Hide contents

229.gif.c241e783e9f10d542b2c4578da095322.gif

 

:Smile_trollface:

 

 

Venerable status approved.

a86.png

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
13,571 posts
10,375 battles
8 minutes ago, Lord0 said:

Do you have a link/evidence for this?

Look at WoT.

Everything tanklike that fits the timeline gets added to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RNG4]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
43 minutes ago, Lord0 said:

I don't think I need to go into the significance of the ship so like the title says: where is HMS Dreadnought?

 

Upcoming premium?

Reward ship?

A. N. Other?

I take D: None of the above.

 

AFAIK WG never mentioned her in any near-future plans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,537 posts
6,372 battles

Well, Mikasa already serves as a great example why t2 BB may not be the best idea. What's the point of a ship if it couldn't hit a barn from the inside?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
6,912 posts
9,129 battles

HMS Dreadnought is being asked for since aeons already, but WG has been surprisingly non-committal. Afaik there's no plans for her, or at least I don't remember WG ever saying anything about her making it into WoWs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
305 posts

I guess, WG doesn't want her, while important from an engineering side, she is just way too similar to Bellerophon, except really shitty secondaries. Like weaker than Nassau's 8.8cm tertiary guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
1,550 posts
4,996 battles

To not include Dreadnought in a game about 'battleships' is flat-out negligent, unless you're utterly ignorant of the history.

That said, she'd probably be T3 (or even T2), so isn't going to make WG much money. I fear that's your answer right there...

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
305 posts
2 hours ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

She has suffered the same fate as the 100th year commemoration for the Battle of Jutland - not important because not russian/soviet:cap_old:

To be fair, Draednought was one of the few Dreadnoughts, not present at Jutland. Aside from Queen Elizabeth, Emperor of India, K. Albert, and of course Goeben.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
1,550 posts
4,996 battles
2 minutes ago, josykay said:

To be fair, Draenought was one of the few Dreadnoughts, not present at Jutland. Aside from Queen Elizabeth, K. Albert, and of course Goeben.

She's only of great significance because she was 'the first' (plus, bonus points for the thing with the submarine).

If you take the lack of a notable war record to be grounds for exclusion, we'd lose rather a lot of many of the tech trees...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,207 posts
13,945 battles
7 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Well, Mikasa already serves as a great example why t2 BB may not be the best idea. What's the point of a ship if it couldn't hit a barn from the inside?

HMS Dreadnought would be easy...

She is pretty much the same  HMS  Bellerophon being launched just a year before.

She has Exactly the same Main  guns as the Bellerophon with more but smaller secondaries (and not in Burrbets so more likely to be damaged)

Armour is not as good.

Just maybe make her a Prem with protected MM to take in to account the worse armour

 

She was still part of the Home fleet during the Battle of Jutland only missing it as she was having a refit

 

Mikasa is a completely different class of ship being launched 6 years before (a huge difference at this time period)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
305 posts
1 minute ago, Verblonde said:

She's only of great significance because she was 'the first' (plus, bonus points for the thing with the submarine).

If you take the lack of a notable war record to be grounds for exclusion, we'd lose rather a lot of many of the tech trees...

True, but imho it is not fitting, to award a ship for the Jutland anniversity, that wasn't there. They should rather use Derfflinger (Lützow), Seydlitz, or Lion for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
1,550 posts
4,996 battles
2 minutes ago, josykay said:

True, but imho it is not fitting, to award a ship for the Jutland anniversity, that wasn't there. They should rather use Derfflinger (Lützow), Seydlitz, or Lion for example.

Sorry, I'd missed that it was proposed as a Jutland anniversary thing; you're right - that would be unwise.

 

If they need a Jutland thing, what about HMS Caroline? She's still surviving (and they could just tweak the existing Caledon a bit).

My contention is that Dreadnought should be in the game somehow, but not in connection with Jutland...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ANV]
[ANV]
Players
159 posts

Yes, she needs to be in game but not connected to Jutland.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Sailing Hamster
3,191 posts
3,153 battles
2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Well, Mikasa already serves as a great example why t2 BB may not be the best idea. What's the point of a ship if it couldn't hit a barn from the inside?

 

Well, Dreadnought has 5 turrets, and had a category of ships named after her, I mean yeah, that's so comparable to Mikasa.:Smile-_tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles
4 hours ago, josykay said:

To be fair, Draednought was one of the few Dreadnoughts, not present at Jutland. Aside from Queen Elizabeth, Emperor of India, K. Albert, and of course Goeben.

She did sink a german uboote by ramming it as the only battleship in history so there is that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
305 posts
53 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

She did sink a german uboote by ramming it as the only battleship in history so there is that.

I know, but a ship not related to jutland wouldn't be appopriate for a jutland event.

Other then, that obviously only works if the sub captain is either blind or stupid. If a surface fighting vessel is nearby a potential torpedo target, don't emerge. Or to arrogant, since he already sunk three armored cruisers in a short timeframe...

Not to mention, that there were multiple battleships present, including a St. Vincent Dreadnought, and a Bellerophon dreadnought.

Which, aside from the ramming also almost resulted in a mutual ramming between Dreadnought and Temeraire both attempting to ramm the sub... Had that accident happened it would be quite embarassing for the Royal Navy: Nice, you killed a 650 ton submarine, and you only sacrificed two dreadnoughts for it :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
1,550 posts
4,996 battles
11 minutes ago, josykay said:

I know, but a ship not realted to jutland wouldn't be appopriate for a jutland event.

 

You seem a bit fixated on this Jutland connection - how come?

 

The OP was just asking where Dreadnought was; the only previous reference I can see to Jutland was someone observing that Dreadnought had gone the same way as marking the 100th anniversary of the battle i.e. nothing was done...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
305 posts
2 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

You seem a bit fixated on this Jutland connection - how come?

 

The OP was just asking where Dreadnought was; the only previous reference I can see to Jutland was someone observing that Dreadnought had gone the same way as marking the 100th anniversary of the battle i.e. nothing was done...

I felt a bit misunderstood, and was frequently quoted about it, that is all.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
1,550 posts
4,996 battles
4 hours ago, josykay said:

I felt a bit misunderstood, and was frequently quoted about it, that is all.

 

Ah! I see.

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SINT]
Players
269 posts
12,598 battles

As a name Dreadnaught is an icon. As a ship it would be a weaker Bellepheron. Even if given for free (with optional buy) i think we will see a repeat of whining the like as with the DoY as being a weaker premium then its (almost) identical silver line sister.

 

For the fun it would be nice as a given away ship (like WG is preparing with yet again another soviet tier III cruiser) as low tier premiums are never the big trainers.

 

HMS Dreadnaught is not the worst possible future premium but definitely not the most urgent one for release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×