Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GreenReleaf

Assist Ribbon

7 comments in this topic

[TEA]
Players
7 posts
5,258 battles

Hey, i See so many complaints about solo-, ego-, camper- and survive at all cost -players

What if a fellow teammate could give you a "assist" ribbon. Lets say you get 3 ribbons every game, it would really help promoting better gameplay.

DD smoking cruisers, spotting enemy, block caps.

CA shooting planes, detecting torps, and radars at good timing.

BB tanking dmg, pushing enemy fleet back to protect or contest caps.

CV spotting and protecting fleet

Good focus fire. responding to allied commands etc.

• Cool 2

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,556 posts
4,784 battles

Not to [editted] on the bonfire of a good idea.. but how would the game measure the worth such actions?

[HAERT]
Players
2,024 posts

With the game as it stands I think the only "Assist" ribbon that would be viable is damage related, do a significant proportion of the damage to a ship that someone else gets the kill shot on and currently you get nothing ribbon wise other than the usual hits.

The other things you've suggested are part of other suggestions like achievements and emblems, while they would be very welcomed I don't think there's much of "assist" value in there that the game would score (sadly). 

[ILDET]
Players
1 post
2,900 battles

Has probably been said in other posts so my apologies for repeating it if someone has already had these suggestions but...

Pretty much what BeauNidl3 has said, it would need to be damage related, a certain % of that ships HP and you get an assist ribbon once it’s destroyed, and you are then rewarded with something for X amount of assist ribbons in a game.  Lost count of the number of times I’ve had a kill stolen and received nothing for it or stolen it myself and been rewarded.

This section is a little more complicated and might not be feasible but maybe getting a little more XP, money or both for doing things like contributing to destroying a designated target (again a % damage done), helping to or capturing a point or defending it etc. within a specific time of it being called, this might promote better team play and encourage players to designate targets etc.  Obviously the issue would then be to stop designations being spammed, perhaps something like not allowing to call another till the previous one is completed.

Don't think they are rewarded as such but can always compliment a player for doing things you think was worthy of it using the plays well, worthy adversary and good manners option.

Players
380 posts

My two comments would be that firstly if teammates could give you an assist ribbon then that would likely be abused by people in the same division giving each other these. So I think these are good ideas but would be part of a Wargaming rework of the reward system, and automated, rather than something under player control. How some of them would be measured I don't know, but they could give more XP for potential and spotting damage (which I think would include radar) and there is a figure for torpedoes spotted in the detailed report.

Secondly would be to not worry too much about kill ribbons. They have said a few times that you don't get much XP for a kill, so if someone does most of the damage to a target then they get most of the XP for it and if someone holds their fire to ensure they get the kill shot they lose out on the XP they could have earned by doing more damage to it.

Players
552 posts
4,472 battles

Read the Something Interesting thread before making threads like this. Half your ideas are already covered by the new Detected ribbon.

The rest of this garbage is already in game: Defender, Shot Down, etc.

Sign in to follow this