Sehales

General Feedback

59 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,041 posts
947 battles

Captains,

Please leave your feedback regarding the public test version of update 0.7.4 here. Should your feedback concern one of the following topics, please leave it in the linked thread.

As always a detailed breakdown of the changes can be found on our portal.

[INVLD]
Players
47 posts
4,617 battles

"Reward on Main Account #4" has a completion Criteria of "Tier VII ships" but the Ranked Battles seem to be Tier VIII.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,554 posts
6,385 battles
24 minutes ago, Olr_Relic said:

"Reward on Main Account #4" has a completion Criteria of "Tier VII ships" but the Ranked Battles seem to be Tier VIII.

Ranks 23 through 11 are played with tier 8

Ranks 10 through 2 are played with tier 10

Rank 1 is played with tier 7

• Cool 1

Players
129 posts
6,038 battles

I have to say, this is probally the best patch in around 18 months, ships rendering instantly even with my crap connection is fantastic, I love the new UI and how is explains everything, as well as buying signals ( I would use creds or maybe free xp/ cpt xp to get it out the system instead of doubloons) I think the buff to the hipper and Eugen were needed and well done. I do have 1 question, and have potential damage and spotting damage xp and creds been changed with the patch, as I believe they do need to be ( not so much that spotting damage does as much as it does in WOT, but maybe to a similar affect ) this could also done with spotting torps and maybe giving extra xp and creds for spotting dds ect.

All in all a great patch, well done wg

Players
280 posts

I love the new Spotting Damage and Potential Damage system, any chance you guys can include this on the Battle Report in the Personal Score page?
Have like Spotted and Potential Damage below Damage Done?
I think making the Spotting+Potential Tanked+Damage Done on the first page, will make players more incentivised to do more when they get more information regarding their performance. 

shot-18_04.12_00_04.10-0595.png.a9d522bec635b1ae916a65bc0dcbf12b.png
shot-18_04.12_21_13.55-0914.thumb.jpg.16386875db05af6fb5a5819bdd7f3dc5.jpg

• Cool 3

[K-D-F]
Beta Tester
44 posts
4,190 battles

I must say the change of the Midway carrier is a totally lost of mind? Hei, you do know that the Hakuryu has a 100 aircraft hanger and all of them are tier 10 planes? right? So if you nerf the Midways' hanger wat does Midway now have? Poor littler tier 8 TD and tier 9 fighters? Or maybe the BB level spoting range? Oh maybe you want to say the AP DBs, but stop illusinating pls,  a Bomber which can set fire after a leaking is way more useful as a Bomber which can not do a single damage on any sorts of DDs.  Even by some soft factors the Midway is worse then Hakuryu for example bei strifing. Hakuryu can do a strife as soon as you comand your fighters, bit the Midway fighters have to make a really long climbing act before the strife. So really enlighten me  please, what is the plus point on Midway now? Or this is just another act of fixing the very famous Bug which is known as the US Carriers can still be played by someone. 

Players
280 posts

System for Prevention of Unsportsmanlike Conduct

@Sehales
Is the system giving you the status or is a player reporting you for ''Quitting a battle early''?
I think this will give MANY players wrongfully status!
If the player reports me, the player abused the system.
If the server/system was reporting me, this needs to be fixed.

I played a match in Random Battle, and was flooding to death, and timer was maybe 7-9 minutes left of the Battle.
Had like 8000 HP left and exited to Port because I didn't want to wait until I was dead..

5acfd8d749de1_Reportsystemabused.png.02549c2170b92484f8aebe0acc1ea3c4.png

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,554 posts
6,385 battles
34 minutes ago, PhantomSailor said:

Is the system giving you the status or is a player reporting you for ''Quitting a battle early''?

Was said that it will be fully automated to prevent player (report) abuse

37 minutes ago, PhantomSailor said:

Had like 8000 HP left and exited to Port because I didn't want to wait until I was dead..

So... you mean the system was working EXACTLY as intended? So what's there to fix?

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
765 posts
4,327 battles

My evening:

Reached Rank 1.

Queue for T7 mode.

Wait forever.

Give up.

Problem:

Not enough ppl reached Rank 1 so there is not enough ppl to queue for T7 mode.

Everyone just queues once for the rewards then gives up.

There is prohibitively few ppl even interested in ranked at all. 

Those who try to queue wait too long and give up.

This results in almost no people to help complete the T7 mode thus impossible to complete mission. A huge letdown.

WG didn't fully think this out.

[PK11]
Beta Tester
425 posts
9,232 battles

Not having downloaded the new version, I would like to say thanks to WG for addressing some of the issues players reported in the past. The enhancements all seem to make sense. Sounds like a good way to go.

Two points of thought:

- reporting for leaving battle prematurely: did you take into account disconnects and client crashes? Having to play 8 Co-op battles because of a client crash will surely lead to some rage in the forums :-)

- Midway plane reduction: 136 to 96? That's quiet a heavy reduction. Hope, it is not too much.

Players
280 posts
2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

So... you mean the system was working EXACTLY as intended? So what's there to fix?

It didn't work as intended....... I was dead 10 seconds later and I played 13 minutes of the game.
Meaning I didn't quit early, I just skipped the death cam, which shouldn't trigger the penalty system.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,554 posts
6,385 battles
10 hours ago, PhantomSailor said:

It didn't work as intended....... I was dead 10 seconds later and I played 13 minutes of the game.
Meaning I didn't quit early, I just skipped the death cam, which shouldn't trigger the penalty system.

Well then you probably should have waited those 10 seconds, shouldn’t you? You left while your ship was alive, seems like the system is working great :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,041 posts
947 battles
14 hours ago, PhantomSailor said:

System for Prevention of Unsportsmanlike Conduct

@Sehales
I think this will give MANY players wrongfully status!
If the player reports me, the player abused the system.

I played a match in Random Battle, and was flooding to death, and timer was maybe 7-9 minutes left of the Battle.

5acfd8d749de1_Reportsystemabused.png.02549c2170b92484f8aebe0acc1ea3c4.png

13 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I have to agree to wilkatis_LV. This is exactly working as intended. When flooding without the option to repair, you might still be able to fire one more salvo or spot an enemy, etc... staying 10 seconds longer wouldn't hurt, don't you think so as well? Also it only takes one battle to get back to normal status. You won't get any big penalties, other than the pink color, for doing that every once in a while. When it comes to reports, the players won't be able to abuse the system. Sanctions for AFK/bot will be applied by our staff or the automated system.

• Cool 3

[I401]
Players
12 posts
5,009 battles

Active bots in training rooms. Can't seem to get them to do anything but appear in their spawn positions. So at the moment it's still useless other than to test their armour from different angles and distances. I fail to understand why you changed this mode from the old one which worked fine after you edited a res file from true to false, as it had the option to make them both active and shoot back. If I'm missing something, I'd love to know, but it ain't obvious.

[PUPSI]
Players
5,861 posts
Vor 6 Minuten, BinauralMoon sagte:

Active bots in training rooms. Can't seem to get them to do anything but appear in their spawn positions. So at the moment it's still useless other than to test their armour from different angles and distances.

works fine for me. Bots move and shoot when set to do so...

Zitat

I fail to understand why you changed this mode from the old one which worked fine after you edited a res file from true to false, as it had the option to make them both active and shoot back.

it was explained several times...

Players
326 posts

HI WG.

This test round for 7.4 is to encourage better play and force non contributing team players to battle. 

Going on the information about this test 7.4 i was understanding that you are penalizing useless cowardly play and players that don't contribute to the battle by either deducting points or turning them Orange to remind them and others that they are useless like the pink for team killers, i.e those players that run and hide or camp and not shoot etc will lose out and forced to battle.

Well what a LIE on playing this test round a few times i've had 100% loss in random battles due to half of each team i've played in have hid, run, and do not contribute to the battles and not one was penalized.

In every battle teammates collided with others more than once and nothing happened to them not even going pink, what is this test about if it's not encouraging better play.  

In a lot of battles where i've gone in hard to fight with no support as team(not so)mates have ran away (COWARDS) and i've been sunk by overwhelming odd, and those COWARDS call me an idiot or insult me for doing what the game is all about taking on the enemy fighting,capping, and possibly win or not. 

To top this lie about penalizing bad player why were many players getting Navel award achievements for just sailing around islands to hide and not firing a shot, WHAT'S THAT ALL ABOUT even in the main game this happens so your so called get them to fight test or not rewarding for lackluster play is not working.

One bad example of this LIE in one battle after i sunk 2 ships i got call a useless idiot for doing nothing to help the team by a player that ran to the spawn border not sinking or hardly shooting,i replied on what i've just done and then sunk my third ship, in chat the same play had another go at me about my stats being worthless and my rank was a joke, i replied shut up and see what i've done in this game, then i sunk the fourth ship, yes i got the same player saying you idiot noob should be banned for not doing anything to win, so i informed the team i had 4-0 kills on the coward hume was now behind an island hiding.

In case you think he was aiming this chat at someone else or got the wrong player no he aimed all at me, and what make this bad for WG test being a LIE, this player had moved in firing range of me then fired a salvo at me getting a few miner hits on me and commented in chat F##k you idiot for losing the game, and he did not go pink or was penalized for his actions, i did report his behaviour and block his chat though in the complaints planal.

This test is a lie and doing nothing about non contributing bad play thus not worth testing, also it still takes too long to wait to enter battles anything from 45 seconds to 3 minutes maybe more manly that not enough players, the max has been about 35 players in play, again not worth playing the test as can't judge if updates/fixes are working as intended, well the bad play penalizing is not.

IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON FIXING THIS ROUNDS GAMEPLAY TO WHAT YOU INFORMED US ABOUT I'll WAIT TILL ROUND 2 AND TRY AGAIN THEN.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,554 posts
6,385 battles
26 minutes ago, Jessa_Doom said:

Going on the information about this test 7.4 i was understanding that you are penalizing useless cowardly play and players that don't contribute to the battle by either deducting points or turning them Orange to remind them and others that they are useless like the pink for team killers, i.e those players that run and hide or camp and not shoot etc will lose out and forced to battle.

Uhhh... no?

Teamkilling, AFKing and quitting the battle while your ship is still alive are getting penalized. Not "running away and hiding".

In every battle teammates collided with others more than once and nothing happened to them not even going pink

Probably because you don't actually go pink by just ramming an ally for a couple dozen hp

In a lot of battles where i've gone in hard to fight with no support as team(not so)mates have ran away (COWARDS) and i've been sunk by overwhelming odd, and those COWARDS call me an idiot or insult me for doing what the game is all about taking on the enemy fighting,capping, and possibly win or not. 

Welcome to PTS

The only - lets call it a "mistake" - on WGs part I can see there is that apparently they weren't so clear that an average 2 year old could understand that "fleeing the battle" doesn't refer to running away, instead meaning leaving the match before losing you ship.

Cmon people, you know that the average vegetable has more intelligence than your general playerbase, you have to be more specific and clear with those explanations

[P-ITA]
Players
477 posts

- LIke new Port!! My style, mostly empty... I like also the complex ones but for everyday use this is a light one!

What about the famous chance to fly over the port?

- Like also the new Signal windows that explain better the use

- Like the new detailed Ribbons!!! Maybe you can keep a little longer? 1 sec or 2? For the pen or not and so on

- Maps changes work and are more fair.

I'm missing in the description article  which German cruisers are  improved in terms of rudder shift time and main battery reload time?

Players
326 posts

Hi wilkatis_LV 

Quoting me on what i say that what WG is doing was not aimed at you sorry!

What WG is doing in this PTS is after what us players that play the game like it should be played are been complaining about for a long time and that is players getting rewards for doing nothing to contribute to the win only to the loss by doing nothing.

Yes i know the difference between running away and withdrawing even i've withdrawn when getting a paddling but not to run and hide only to engage them from a different angle and hope teammate will arrive to help, yeh! right like that will happen. 

It's those full health BB's running for no reason at all and hiding behind the nearest island and do nothing but camp, if player that can help but don't i.e run away should get penalized after all they are running not withdrawing and that action will trigger the penalizing system.

I've seen players run and hide as soon as an enemy ship spotted way outside their range and no need to run or withdraw even though or side have the advantage. 

As for colliding again i know you don't go pink first time and sometime it can't be helped but some have collided more than once as i said and they don't lose health the one they hit dose, if WG is addressing this they should lose more Hp or go orange if colliding more than once even pink.

AFK is not always the players fault but the AFK'ing that WG maybe addressing happens sometime in the gameplay that is more deliberative and WG should deal with that as part of the not contributing to the battle.     

And your welcome to PTS is not what happens in pts it's in the main gameplay and PTS is what WG is placing into the main game if it works in PTS but it's not working and that's why i posted about it. 

Penalizing COWARDLY PLAY or useless idiot players that think doing nothing will get them a win, is a big win in my book and changing their colour or taking point/rewards away it too good for them. 

• Cool 1

[EX-TH]
Players
6 posts
2,621 battles

Please change the nerf to Midway. By this, I don't mean keep her as she is, just only decrease her hanger capacity by about 20 units, not 40 - that is far too many. I makes the jump from Essex to Midway not worth it (or at least it pales in comparison to 0.7.13-)

[BMD]
[BMD]
Players
9 posts
8,691 battles

I love the new training room and i cant wait untill it is coming to the live server :cap_viking:

[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
3 posts

I don't know perhaps I'm being nieve but wouldn't it be better if wg fixed the battle start disconnects and crashes before implementing a system to punish players for inactivity