You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Altsak

Render lag fix PTS 0.7.4

14 comments in this topic

[POP]
Players
289 posts
7,161 battles

From patch notes:

A ship's icon on the Minimap and its silhouette in the battle will be rendered simultaneously, eliminating cases when a spotted enemy ship's icon appears on the Minimap first before the ship gets drawn on screen seconds later. You're welcome to test the new feature during the Public Test of Update 0.7.4 and share your feedback with us!

WG please clarify: Does this mean removal of 3D-render lag or introducing a render lag to the minimap icon?

[PUPSI]
Players
5,872 posts
Vor 5 Minuten, blademansw sagte:

Shouldn't you be posting this in the PTS section?

there is no thread on the EU forum for the upcoming PTS and as far as I can see only staff can create new thread in the PTS section (at least I don't see a button to create a new thread there...)

[POP]
Players
289 posts
7,161 battles
5 minutes ago, blademansw said:

Probably so. Don't you say that this way more DD/cruiser players will be ready for the incoming nerf?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,236 posts
7,080 battles

First I would like to know your source.

I checked EU and NA english section and couldn't find any patchnotes. Did they remove it again?

On Topic

As far as I know the delayed render of the ships was either due to technical limitations or inteded to give the target time to hit the rudder or both. THis means it is likely that this is actualy a lag for the minimap icon which was drawn by the server instantly until now.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,871 posts
8,094 battles

Hi al,

7 minutes ago, blademansw said:

The Public Test v0.7.4 didn't start yet and, hence, there is no PTS section for it yet... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,871 posts
8,094 battles

Hi all,

Just now, Miessa3 said:

First I would like to know your source.

I checked EU and NA english section and couldn't find any patchnotes. Did they remove it again?

On Topic

As far as I know the delayed render of the ships was either due to technical limitations or inteded to give the target time to hit the rudder or both. THis means it is likely that this is actualy a lag for the minimap icon which was drawn by the server instantly until now.

I posted it from NA Forum in thread "Some interesting info around the world" ...

Leo "Apollo11"

Beta Tester
192 posts
3,242 battles
13 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi al,

The Public Test v0.7.4 didn't start yet and, hence, there is no PTS section for it yet... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

WG in action again lol. I have to admit, I didn't check to see if they had brought the PTS section up to date!

• Boring 1

Quality Poster
2,953 posts
7,938 battles

Also, don't forget MrConway and Crysantos are in RU for the big CC meeting, thus... limited staff in Paris?

Players
940 posts
5,001 battles

Looks like a fantastic update, props to WG for this one

I'm positive they will fix the rendering issue the right way, given previous comments on the subject

[ST-EU]
Players
2,835 posts
4,166 battles

It could be they render a partial outline of the ship on screen immediately just so you at least see something to aim at then the full 3D model still pops in 2 seconds later.